H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like you need to have a discussion with the Service Manager's boss! If you really have had it in there SEVEN times, than a new truck may be in order... esp if they cannot produce a warranty part for you until seven months later. If I am getting all the facts here, you are entitled to a new truck. it may not be lemmon law, but there are other ways to look into aquiring a new rig without penalty or trade.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

ketcat is off the scale

It's really been in 8 times if you include when it was deliveried in ID. with the SVC TPM light on. I agree with you about the new vehicle but for some business related reason's I really don't feel as though I can push the issue.

Anyway I am supposed to meet with the writer and director when the parts come in, maybe we can make progress at that time.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

ketcat is off the scale

I said I would reply if I got the issues resolved so here it goes. I actually got them fixed the middle of January but I wanted to drive it and make sure they didn’t come back.

SVC TPM
Installed new BSM and the system is working fine.

Trans Shutter
They say it’s part of the calibration and normal. Nothing has changed so I’m not worried.

Rough Idle
New calibration coming out . They will reprogram when it’s at the dealer next time.

Rear Washer
Installed new washer pump.

Outside Mirror loose
They installed a new one.

Creaks in suspension
They installed new stab bar bushings.

Creaks and groans in body and clunk in suspension.
They replaced a broken body mount which has corrected all of the various creaks, groans and rattles. It is amazing the difference one body mount made.

It’s like having my new H3 back again.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:22 AM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ketcat:

SVC TPM
Installed new BSM and the system is working fine.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the BCM was the problem? The reason I ask is because this random message is so dang annoying in my rig too. I just want to get i right when I make my suggestion when bringing mine in.

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 03-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

ketcat is off the scale

Once they changes the BCM all of the problems went away and the monitor is working correctly. Like I said it had been in the dealer a bunch and they tried everything, resetting, reprogramming, replacing the sensors and noting. The BCM did the trick.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear it is fixed.
As I have said many times, the system is simple, four active sensors (disregard the spare, it does not monitor the spare), and the BCM. If it is not a sensor, it has to be the BCM, with a small possibility of wiring problems. The I/P is a dumb instrument, it only displays what it is told to display by the BCM.
Problem lies with the dealers, not understanding the system, or afraid to replace the BCM. Not because it is not available, but because due to the high replacements of BCM where the BCM is not a fault, causes grieve for the dealers.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:36 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

try this procedure by inflating tires to 40 psi and then do the manual reset precedure by airing down your tires. this procedure works better than using the gm tpm tool.
Tire Pressure Sensor Learn
Tools
J-46079 Tire Pressure Monitor Diagnostic Tool.

Learn Mode Description
The Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system uses the body control module (BCM), exterior lamp switch, 4 RF transmitting pressure sensors and the serial data circuit to perform the TPM learn mode functions. The sensor learn procedure must be performed after every tire rotation, BCM replacement, or sensor replacement. Once the TPM learn mode has been enabled, each of the sensor's unique identification (Id) codes can be learned in to the BCM's memory. When a sensor's Id has been learned, the BCM sounds a horn chirp. This verifies the sensor has transmitted it Id and the BCM has received and learned it. The BCM must learn the sensor Ids in the proper order to determine correct sensor location. The first learned Id is assigned to the left front, the second to right front, the third to right rear and the fourth to left rear.

Important: The vehicles spare tire is equipped with a tire pressure sensor; however, the system does not monitor the spare tire pressure. Since the BCM is only capable of learning a total of 4 sensor Ids, any time the spare tire is installed in a rolling location on the vehicle, the SERVICE TIRE MONITOR and CHECK TIRE PRESSURE messages will be displayed on the DIC until the spare tire sensor ID is learned into the BCM’s memory. Spare tire sensor ID is learned after driving the vehicle for more than 10 Minutes.

Sensor Functions using pressure increase/decrease method
Each sensor takes a pressure measurement sample once every 30 seconds while in stationary mode. If the tire pressure increases, or decreases by more than 1.6 psi from the last pressure measurement, another measurement will occur immediately to verify the change in pressure. If a pressure change has indeed occurred, the sensor transmits in re-measure mode. When the BCM receives a re-measure mode transmission while in TPM learn mode, it will assign that sensor's Id to the location on the vehicle relative to the order in which it was learned.

Sensor functions using J-46079
Each sensor has an internal low frequency (LF) coil. When the J-46079 TPM tool is used in activate mode it produces an LF transmission that activates the sensor. The sensor responds to a LF activation by transmitting in learn mode. When the BCM receives a learn mode transmission while in TPM learn mode, it will assign that sensor's Id to the location on the vehicle relative to the order in which it was learned.

Learn Mode Cancellation
The learn mode will cancel if more than 2 minutes have passed and no sensor have been learned, or if more than 5 minutes has passed for the entire procedure. If the learn mode is canceled before any Ids are learned, the BCM will remember all previously stored Ids and their locations. As soon as the BCM learns the first Id, all other Ids are erased from the BCM's memory.

Important: Before proceeding with the step below, ensure that no other sensor learn procedure is being performed simultaneously, or that tire pressures are not being adjusted on another TPM equipped vehicle within close proximity.

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Apply the parking brake.
Important: If the TPM learn mode cannot be enabled, ensure the TPM system is enabled in the BCM. Refer to Tire Pressure Monitor System Configuration .

Turn the exterior lamp switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within 4 seconds. A horn chirp will sound and the low tire pressure indicator will begin to flash indicating the learn mode has been enabled.
Caution: Over inflating tires may cause personal injury or damage to the tires and wheels. When increasing tire pressure do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure as noted on the tire sidewall.

Important: If a horn chirp does not sound after 35 seconds for any of the 4 sensors, turn the ignition OFF to exit the learn mode and repeat the procedure from step 1.

Starting with the left front tire, hold the antenna of the TPM tool against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location then press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp, or increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached, or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached.
After the horn chirp has sounded, proceed as in step 4 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:
Right front
Right rear
Left rear
After the LR sensor has been learned, turn OFF the ignition to exit the learn mode.
After the learn mode has been exited, adjust all tire pressures to the recommended psi. Refer to Label - Vehicle Certification, Tire Place Card, Anti-Theft and Service Parts ID in General Information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------