H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-10-2005, 12:50 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

Taking mine into the dealer today for installation. Mud flaps and installation - $83.00
Old 08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

So what do you guys (and gals ) think about needing back mud flaps? I really am not excited about putting them on my H3, whenever it comes, but want to protect the rear fender flare. Has anyone just put them on the front? I am really thinking I will go the route Timgco did and get the clear bra done. One of my main concerns is one he mentioned, off roading with them on. Does anyone know of a nation retailer that installs this stuff? Would love to see it on a vehicle in person. Tim, how much did it cost installed if you don't mind me asking?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-10-2005, 01:44 PM

Larry W is off the scale

my issue is I want the Rock rails, and the removable steps. From what I have heard, flaps aren't going to fit... Guess I will go the clear route myself.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:41 PM

H3Witch is off the scale

I have usually put flaps at least on the back wheels of any truck I have had, but I'm not sure about the H3. I guess I'll have to wait and see how the first "rain storm" looks on it and then decide...I usually drive through construction sites that are un-paved so it could get very muddy very quickly!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

entheos is off the scale

Since most say that the mud flaps get in the way for off-roading, are they easy take on and off after the initial installation? Especially the fronts, since I have become paranoid about rocks chipping the rear fender flares after reading this post. The clear stuff from 3M looks interesting, but I am now broke after buying my new Hummer and and all the Hummer feed.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:47 PM

H3OH is off the scale

I'm getting mine installed tomorrow. $69 installed.

I know Hummers are to get dirty, but I'd at least like it to look clean while I'm city driving! A small puddle, hell, not even a puddle just slightly wet pavement gets the entire side, especially the rear fenders dirty. And if you've hand-washed your H3, you know it takes a while to do and want it clean for at least 24 hours!

I'll look into the clear stuff at Pep Boys.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Hummer Guru

I have found the Mr Clean car washing system with spot free rinse great. The most time consuming part of washing a vehicle is the drying and it that isn't done well it still looks bad. Using the system, it dries great on it's own and you don't have spots.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
So what do you guys (and gals ) think about needing back mud flaps? I really am not excited about putting them on my H3, whenever it comes, but want to protect the rear fender flare. Has anyone just put them on the front? I am really thinking I will go the route Timgco did and get the clear bra done. One of my main concerns is one he mentioned, off roading with them on. Does anyone know of a nation retailer that installs this stuff? Would love to see it on a vehicle in person. Tim, how much did it cost installed if you don't mind me asking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

$500.00 for the fender flares(just the "dirrect hit" spots) and the rocker panels.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
So what do you guys (and gals ) think about needing back mud flaps? I really am not excited about putting them on my H3, whenever it comes, but want to protect the rear fender flare. Has anyone just put them on the front? I am really thinking I will go the route Timgco did and get the clear bra done. One of my main concerns is one he mentioned, off roading with them on. Does anyone know of a nation retailer that installs this stuff? Would love to see it on a vehicle in person. Tim, how much did it cost installed if you don't mind me asking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

$500.00 for the fender flares(just the "dirrect hit" spots) and the rocker panels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I may just have to go that route. Really don't want the mud flaps.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Will rear mud flaps really help keep the side of the car clean? I can't even pull out of the car wash without getting all sorts of splash marks all over the side of my black H3. I'm not too concerned about mud flaps possibly interfering with off-road activities - I just want my car to stay somewhat clean if I drive through a tiny puddle or even the tiniest amount of water on the road.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:10 PM

H3OH is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Will rear mud flaps really help keep the side of the car clean? I can't even pull out of the car wash without getting all sorts of splash marks all over the side of my black H3. I'm not too concerned about mud flaps possibly interfering with off-road activities - I just want my car to stay somewhat clean if I drive through a tiny puddle or even the tiniest amount of water on the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly, it's not the rear tires causing the problem. Next time you go through a puddle, watch through the side mirrors. The front wheels are the cause of your side getting smoked. I had the window open with my arm on the side (not outside!) and my arm got wet! LOL! I'm going in tomorrow. $69 is not bad at all to prevent stones, etc. from killing the back fender flares.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:19 AM

Got the mudflaps last week and while they help, they do not prevent all of it flying up.
But, the flaps also look good on it
Old 08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Anyone have a picture of what the mud flaps look like on an H3? I may just get the fronts done if that will take care of most of the splash.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:07 PM

I have pics in the photo section, under, Boulder Grey, there are two listings, look at the second one
Old 08-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

Too bad about that jagged black line on your fenders. Anyone else experiencing this?