H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 07-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

kjh_sweden_H3 is on a distinguished road
Default Where connect positive terminal???

Hi,
Where is the best place to hook up the positive terminal to the driving lights relay? In one of the green circles maybe?? Must be near battery - but I don´t want to connect it right on to batterys terminal...

Anybody knows the best hook-up place??
Thanxx//Johan

Last edited by kjh_sweden_H3 : 07-06-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Hummer Novice

H_Cubed is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where connect positive terminal???

Those are the auxilliary power connections. Connect to the terminal on the side opposite the main battery connection, which I think is the terminal on the left in the picture if I remember correctly.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

Those circles are on the lugs for the main fuse from the battery to the rest of the truck.. The lug on the left is the battery side, the one on the right is the fused side.

I tied all of my lights in on the rigth side lug...
Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Hummer Novice

OU812 is on a distinguished road

The right lug in your picture. Of course, make sure you have an inline fuse for protection. I use this for my roof light bar.

Last edited by OU812 : 07-08-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

kjh_sweden_H3 is on a distinguished road

You?re the best guys!! Thanxx for your quick replies! Couldn?t get better answers!!!!
and,Yes! Have the wire fused also... Thanxx!
//Johan
Old 07-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812
The right lug in your picture. Of course, make sure you have an inline fuse for protection. I use this for my roof light bar.

Ummm.. What size wire is that..?? I ran a 10awg to the roof to start with for 4 130watt lamps and went back later and split them onto a 2 12awg wires because I was worried the 10 was a overloaded..
Old 07-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Where connect positive terminal???

I just installed my PIAA 520 ATP's to my brush gaurd and followed the directions from PIAA, which say to hook directly to the battery terminal. Is there a problem with doing it this way? Also Im not sure where I can hook up my switch to power under the dash. Ive gotten it through the firewall, whats the best place to power the switch?
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it
Old 07-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmintmi
I just installed my PIAA 520 ATP's to my brush gaurd and followed the directions from PIAA, which say to hook directly to the battery terminal. Is there a problem with doing it this way? Also Im not sure where I can hook up my switch to power under the dash. Ive gotten it through the firewall, whats the best place to power the switch?
Either place is fine for the main power.. It was just easier to hide the wires going into the fuse box and there was a lug to hook the wire to there.. Not really so in the battery cables (except for the nut you tighten things down with).

How many wires did you run into the cab..?? If two wires then get your power for the switched leg of the relay from the same spot you're getting power for the lights..
Old 07-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

OK thanks man, makeing sure I didnt mess up the easy part.

With the PIAA wiring harness there are two wires going from the big ol relay to a female conector that connects to a male plug that leads to the switch. I just spliced into the extra wires already running through the firewall for the OEM marker/roof lights and connected on the other side since I dont plan on getting them. Now this conector has an extra (free) wire coming from the relay (female) side of the connector that (Im pretty sure) says it is for power to the switch. Im pretty sure I need to connect it to a hot wire under the dash. Prefferably one that is hot only with engine running, but thats not really that important, Im pretty good about turning off lights. I guess I could splice the wires after the connector (leaving said connector under the hood and not in cab) and get power under the hood, but there has to be a wire under the dash that should work.
I have a .pdf file of the wiring diagram from PIAA so I tried to take a pic with my camera while it was up on my TV. Well here is the pic if anyone can help sorry for the blur but its a picture of a TV screen: In the diagram the problem Im having is with location of a wire to splice for (2 white with red dots switch power (+)...)

Name:  DSCN0487.JPG
Views: 812
Size:  206.6 KB
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it

Last edited by cdmintmi : 07-11-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Wow I thought some people would know this right off the top of their with all the gadget mods Ive seen on here! I really need some help, I have a camping trip this weekend and would really love to get these things working.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

There are a few ways to do it...

I ran a connecting block off the terminal with multiple lugs on it so I could pull 12volt taps for going forward add ons.

This allows adding devices without going back and possible stripping lugs at main terminal.

As I add to my new power strip which is attached to the near wheelhouse top near battery side for easier access. Connect to it as needed when adding and use a chasis ground near whatever point needed.

These acc power strips are available at any parts supplier in multiple taps arrays.
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

hey thanks wpage (although seriously I searched for about a week and didnt find the answer I was looking for) but anyways, played with it this past weekend while visiting the folks and got em up and running. They should come in handy this weekend, going camping/fishing on Cape Lookout Island friday - sunday.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

jersey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage
These acc power strips are available at any parts supplier in multiple taps arrays.

Do you have pics of the set up? What brand/model did you use?