H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-04-2005, 10:43 PM

Showtyme5 is off the scale

I just ordered some 34" Wrangler MT/R's with some custom 17" polished aluminum wheels. I also got a window tint for the front windows. Does anybody have pics of 34" tires on their H3? I'd like to see how they fill the car out. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:43 PM

I just ordered some 34" Wrangler MT/R's with some custom 17" polished aluminum wheels. I also got a window tint for the front windows. Does anybody have pics of 34" tires on their H3? I'd like to see how they fill the car out. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

No one has 34s on thier H3, because A. they dont make 34s, as you can get 33s or 35s. and B. no one has a liftkit avail yet so the biggest you can use is 33x12.5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Showtyme5:
I just ordered some 34" Wrangler MT/R's with some custom 17" polished aluminum wheels. I also got a window tint for the front windows. Does anybody have pics of 34" tires on their H3? I'd like to see how they fill the car out. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-05-2005, 05:33 PM

I'm putting 34"s (they might be 33.8's) on Monday. I'll let you know how it looks. The custom shop said they might have to shave the front fender a little but that there will be no rubbing....
Old 08-05-2005, 05:40 PM

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R

305/70 R17
34"
Old 08-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, wasnt aware of those. Thanks for the info and I cant wait to see how it turns out for ya.

Be sure to post lots of pics!

Take care,

Brent

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Showtyme5:
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R

305/70 R17
34" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-05-2005, 05:53 PM

tacocat is off the scale

Get ready for some slow driving if you didn't get the off-road gearing. Your speedo will need to be readjusted as well (You'll probably be fine with the off-road packager).
Old 08-05-2005, 05:55 PM

H3OH is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Your speedo will need to be readjusted as well (You'll probably be fine with the off-road packager). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't want to be around to see that readjusted.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:05 PM

How the hell do they readjust the speedometer?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:09 PM

Tacocat -

What all should I be aware of here? I just bought these cuz it's gonna look good. I wasn't thinking about this other stuff. It actually never crossed my mind that they'd have to readjust the tach. The guy at the custom shop said the tires would do nothing to the drive of the car, turning radius, etc.....so if I have to get the off-road gearing, I'm screwed because that's probably a lot of cash and I can't be doing any more mods at this point. So let me know if I really am going to have to get off-road gearing in order to have a satisfying ride. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:24 PM

tacocat is off the scale

If you have the off-road gearing, you will probably be fine. Are you going from 33" to 34" or 32" to 34"? The speedo adjustment usually consist of swapping a small gear out that is located in the transfer case.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:29 PM

I'm going from 32 to 34. I would've been happy with 33's but I couldn't find one with Lux pkg and adventure pkg. I took the lux and am getting the bigger tires now, with some nicer wheels. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:30 PM

Is it gonna be a crappy ride, do you think? I've never driven anything with tires this big haha
Old 08-05-2005, 06:40 PM

Just talked to the guy at the custom shop. Apparently the speedometer will be off by about 5mph going 75-80. Between 0-50 the difference will be minimal. After 50 it'll read slower than I'm actually going, but won't be too far off (no more than about 5 mph). As long as I realize that when I'm driving, I should be fine. Plus, that's what the Valentine One is for. He said the car might be a little sluggish on take-off because of the weight, but said I shouldn't notice that much of a difference, especially on the freeway. Sounds like I'm going to have to get some performance mods down the line to bring the power up. And apparently they can't reprogram the speedo b/c no programmer's are available YET for the H3.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

No gear to switch out as on Wranglers (excluding Rubicons). The H3, as with all GM vehicles, uses an electronic vehicle speed sensor, located in the tail of the transmission. Is is a magnetic sensor that detects openings in the teeth of a reluctor ring.
This signal is sent to the PCM, which uses this information for control of the engine and transmission. It also sends this signal to the BCM, which calculates vehicle mileage and sends a class 2 message to the I/P. The I/P will display the speed and miles.
Run with a GPS and you will be able to determine how much the speedo is while driving.
It is progressive, the higher the speed the farther off the speedo will be.
My jeep, with tires two sizes larger is off 4 mph at 70 mph per my GPS units.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:29 PM

jagular7 is off the scale

With such a magnetic sensor, the PCM uses this is a program to determine the speed output, correct?

On my 92 Bronco, there is a mechanical gear on the output, but there is an electronic speed indicator. There are constraints which I can change to correct the speed indicator to show correct through the PCM. Gear ratio, overall tire radius (mounted to vehicle), and something else, just can't remember now. I would think that all manu's have this capability, especially those with offroad capabilities as most first changes are tires.....

Come visit: http://www.ksrockspark.com/
Old 08-07-2005, 04:12 AM

tacocat is off the scale

Your rig should ride better when you go to larger tires. Kinda like a bicycle. The larger air volume should smooth out your ride a little. I noticed this when I went to 33" from 31".

f5, that is good stuff to know.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

BB is an unknown quantity at this point

It's 34"(325/50), but 22" wheel.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Hummer Novice

Yellowxdude is off the scale

Not sure where this pic came from but does anyone know if this H3 has a lift? Also, any idea if the tires rub under normal driving?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

BB is an unknown quantity at this point

The bigger tires make it lifted, there is no lift kit installed on this H3. According to the shop, there is no rubbing problem.

http://www.shinestreet.com/index.html