H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<Table><SPAN class=standardtext><SPAN class=storyheadline>New Hummer H3 hits the roads</SPAN>

<TABLE cellPadding=5 width=200 align=left>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
<SPAN class=caption>The H3 is the lowest priced of the three Hummer models</SPAN> <SPAN class=caption></SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<SPAN class=storyDate>Posted: 05/26/2005 05:36 pm</SPAN>
<SPAN class=storyDate>Last Updated: 05/26/2005 05:43 pm</SPAN>

<SPAN class=byline>Story filed by NewsCenter16 Reporter
Robert Borrelli</SPAN>

<Mishawaka, IN - The first two Hummer SUV's are both made in Mishawaka but the newest Hummer, the H3, isn't.

It's smaller, cheaper and has better gas mileage, during a time when big SUV's are at-odds with high gas prices.

General Motors says each truck appeals to a different group. The H3 is the cheapest of the three.

Adding the Louisiana-built H3 to the Hummer line-up shouldn't have an impact on Mishawaka's Hummer plant.

Chris Clark is a postal worker from South Bend. He picked-up the very first Hummer H3 delivered to Tyler Hummer.

"I've had difficulty you know, finding my appetite and losing a little bit of sleep over it, you know, thinking about it," said Clark.

Clark knows he couldn't afford the H1, which runs about $140,000, or the H2, which starts at about $50,000. Both of which are made in Mishawaka.

But the H3, built in Louisiana with a sticker price of $34,500, he can afford.

"It bothers me just a little bit. It's still their sister plant and I'm still supporting American made product, so I'm supporting American made jobs as well," said Clark.

On the market nearly three years, H2 sales are down a bit. Production cut to one shift back in October, moving some 200 workers to make military Humvees.

“There was some natural moderation after the very, very fast start, but basically the sales
have been pretty steady for the past year or so,” said Caldwell.

The H3's get better gas mileage, between 16 and 20 miles a gallon, better than the bigger, more expensive H2.

Will that affect the Mishawaka-built Hummers?

"We don't project that it'll have a significant impact on the H2, other than the positive impact it continuing to grow the Hummer brand on a long-term basis," said David Caldwell, GM-Hummer Public Relations.

"Well, the H2 did kind of kill some of the H1 business, but I don't think the H3's really going to effect the H2 that much. It's a totally different buyer, I think," said John Davis, Tyler Hummer Sales.

A buyer like Chris Clark, excited he can now afford a truck with the Hummer name.

Clark says his H3 should get better gas mileage than his Ford Explorer.

Tyler Hummer tells
NewsCenter 16 they'll soon have a customer trade-in his bigger H2 for a new, smaller H3 with better gas mileage being the reason.</SPAN></Table>
Old 05-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<Table><SPAN class=standardtext><SPAN class=storyheadline>New Hummer H3 hits the roads</SPAN>

<TABLE cellPadding=5 width=200 align=left>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
<SPAN class=caption>The H3 is the lowest priced of the three Hummer models</SPAN> <SPAN class=caption></SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<SPAN class=storyDate>Posted: 05/26/2005 05:36 pm</SPAN>
<SPAN class=storyDate>Last Updated: 05/26/2005 05:43 pm</SPAN>

<SPAN class=byline>Story filed by NewsCenter16 Reporter
Robert Borrelli</SPAN>

<Mishawaka, IN - The first two Hummer SUV's are both made in Mishawaka but the newest Hummer, the H3, isn't.

It's smaller, cheaper and has better gas mileage, during a time when big SUV's are at-odds with high gas prices.

General Motors says each truck appeals to a different group. The H3 is the cheapest of the three.

Adding the Louisiana-built H3 to the Hummer line-up shouldn't have an impact on Mishawaka's Hummer plant.

Chris Clark is a postal worker from South Bend. He picked-up the very first Hummer H3 delivered to Tyler Hummer.

"I've had difficulty you know, finding my appetite and losing a little bit of sleep over it, you know, thinking about it," said Clark.

Clark knows he couldn't afford the H1, which runs about $140,000, or the H2, which starts at about $50,000. Both of which are made in Mishawaka.

But the H3, built in Louisiana with a sticker price of $34,500, he can afford.

"It bothers me just a little bit. It's still their sister plant and I'm still supporting American made product, so I'm supporting American made jobs as well," said Clark.

On the market nearly three years, H2 sales are down a bit. Production cut to one shift back in October, moving some 200 workers to make military Humvees.

“There was some natural moderation after the very, very fast start, but basically the sales
have been pretty steady for the past year or so,” said Caldwell.

The H3's get better gas mileage, between 16 and 20 miles a gallon, better than the bigger, more expensive H2.

Will that affect the Mishawaka-built Hummers?

"We don't project that it'll have a significant impact on the H2, other than the positive impact it continuing to grow the Hummer brand on a long-term basis," said David Caldwell, GM-Hummer Public Relations.

"Well, the H2 did kind of kill some of the H1 business, but I don't think the H3's really going to effect the H2 that much. It's a totally different buyer, I think," said John Davis, Tyler Hummer Sales.

A buyer like Chris Clark, excited he can now afford a truck with the Hummer name.

Clark says his H3 should get better gas mileage than his Ford Explorer.

Tyler Hummer tells
NewsCenter 16 they'll soon have a customer trade-in his bigger H2 for a new, smaller H3 with better gas mileage being the reason.</SPAN></Table>
Old 05-26-2005, 09:49 PM

C is off the scale

we also have a fird explorer but our hummer h3 should be comming in tomorrow if not next week. were so excited. went and seen one today its just WOW! on our way to the dealership we saw: 1 red, 1 black, a silver, and then the black one at the dealership. very nice can't wait