H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Let's end this H2 vs. H3 Squabble. Here are the FACTS.

I think this in fighting is turning ugly and it should stop. In all honesty, I will post this here because it seems like you H3ers are the most hurt by this.

Look, we've all felt at one point in our lives (For most of us, this was childhood.) that we have to go and prove ourselves and scream tantrums at the top of our lungs to make others believe the fantasy.

Let's get down to reality...

-GM/Hummer built a cheaper model so that people like you could enjoy *part* of the Hummer dream that few experience.

-YES! The H3 is an incredible OFF-ROAD machine. BUT.....It will never be even close to perform on or off road like an H2. FACT.

*Hummer/GM will not make an economically priced Hummer H3 to outperform their flagship H2. It was a marketing tool/strategy. FACT.

- It seems everyone understands this........Except for SOME of the H3 owners.

Let's listen to the experts:

Quote:
Obstacles that the smaller H3 Alpha had to struggle over were child?s play for the H2. Time and again, I would see it go up, over and around rocks and road blocks.

Quote:
The H3 Alpha had to work alot harder getting up the inclines, and there was definitely more tire squealage. The H2, however, would take the inclines steadily and handily with ease.
http://searchchicago.suntimes.com/au...C06207.article

And that's the H3 ALPHA they're talking about.

Quote:
After two years of lion H2 styling with housecat horsepower, Hummer?s runt of the litter finally gets a V-8 variant, dubbed the H3 Alpha. With 300 horsepower and 320 pound-feet of torque, the Alpha?s 5.3-liter V-8 is the mill the H3 should have had all along. Surprise, surprise?we like it better even though we still don?t love it.
http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...-h3-alpha.html

Quote:
We had to tow strap a few H3s out of the trail. We didn't get out until 2am! Fawk! - An H2 owner asking for anonimity.

Quote:
There is NO WAY in hell I'm wheelin with H3s in Moab. I wanna have fun. I don't want to be a tow service during my holiday. I think I'm gonna PIKE. - Another H2 owner asking for anonimity.

Quote:
The H2, is now clearly Hummer?s baddest dog since the H1 is in retirement
http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...nd-h2-sut.html

It's been proven over and over again. Even with the H3 Alpha, it can't and will not be as good as the H2 or they would put an H2 badge on it.

And a few thing bother me reading over and over some of the overly hateful defensive posts some here write....

"The H2 is too big"
If a few inches in vehicle dimensions bother you, then that doesn't say much for your driving skills. Maybe you should be driving a car let alone go off-road.

"It's not about money. If I wanted it, I would buy the POS H2"
Why bring up the money thing when money wasn't even mentioned? And why the numerous BARGIN HUNTING threads on the H3 Forum? There is a reason the H2 is more expensive. "You get what you pay for." or Corvette owners would be swapping in for Sunfires.

"I've finally traded in my H3 for an H2"
We've been seeing a lot of these upgrades lately. WHY does that make these people now your enemies. Why can't you just be happy for them?

In all honesty I think it's time for SOME of you guys to put your pride and egos aside and face the facts. It's no big deal, nobody is looking down on you, and nobody cares unless you're create too much attention towards it.

This "Keeping up with the Jones'" attitude is so 80's.

Now let's move on, be thankful with what you have and wheel to your rig's ability.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's end this H2 vs. H3 Squabble. Here are the FACTS.

did someone forgot about the waterfording factor here????? Who cares if its gotta work harder to it, fact is it can still do it! And also a tight spot through a jungle id like to see the H2 people fit through it! Also, the image of the H3 is more offroady than the H2, the fender flares, and also 5 out 7 H2 i see are all chromed out where as only like 1 outta 15 H3's are chromed out. I also see way more dirty (offroad dirty) H3's than the H2's most of the people i see driving the H2's are moms, or guys who think if they chrome it all out there bada$*. Why are we having a civil war over this ?! we should just all be happy were not Toyotas or Jeeps!

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

Last edited by 3Hummer : 08-12-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
Having driven all three models, I have to say, the H2 is last in off-road performance of all the Hummers I have trailed with (I have yet to offroad the 1 personally). 2 H2's were put to shame at a Paragon on Hummer Hill by an H3 with 35"s and no rear locker. It just did better. Then he hit an ice chunk in a water trough, and busted in the front end... So maybe it needs some more metal up there...

I think part of the reason for the H3's superiority is the traction control system. It actually STOPS the wheel that doesn't have traction. The H2 kinda does. So this debate may change a little bit when the new H2 is readily available with it's improved traction control system.

My next Hummer, probably in addition to the H1, will likely be an H3. The H2 is going buh-byes.
Aubs, you should stick to asking guys on Al's internet for their opinions about your dick and leave the wheeling to us. (Don't make me post a screen shot.)

So you've "driven" all three Hummer models? BFD. Driving an H1 on the pavement is NOT like driving it offroad. I have driven all 3 models offroad over the same trails and the H1 is not the end-all be-all. The H3 is a very capable wheeler in the right hands. IMO, the H2 is the easiest of the Hummers to drive offroad. Its combination of traction control, wheelbase & track width and balance make it one of the best offroading vehicles available.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

One more time - It's all about the driver.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

H2 is a dinosaur. The H3 is better in many ways. Mostly when the rocks and branches are scraping the roof and branches in the wilderness. Better yet at the MPG meter and when you behold the beauty of a design that has evolved to a higher pedigree of the ascent of Hummer!!!
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN

It also has allot to do w/ the vehicle!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp's-h3
It also has allot to do w/ the vehicle!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN

Yes.

Why is it that when it comes to off-roading......

Very rarely you hear veteran H2 wheelers downgrading to an H3 when they clearly can. If I thought the H3 was better off-road rig, trading the H2 would be instantaneous. This feeling is shared by most of the H2 community.

But you see more and more H3 wheelers who are upgrading to the H2. Why? I think any educated person knows that answer. The H2 is just better.

I've driven all 3 like a few here have.

H1 is hardcore but uncomfortable and not suited for family and realistic everyday life.

H2 covers the most broadest spectrum for uses and convenience without sacrificing it's Hummer off-road ability. There is no "Embarrassment" factor when I drive it like when I drive the H3(I'm being honest. Don't wig out.) The first (AND LAST) time I drove the H3 as a courtesy car 90% of the comments were of the, "Hey! A poor man's Hummer! What happened? Did you lose your job Dennis?" An extreme reverse with the H1. People automatically thought I was going to be a prick when clearly I'm a very likable guy.

H3 is a successful attempt at building an economy car that looks similar to the H2 but geared to drive Hummer sales by reaching a larger class of people. Unlike the H1 and H2 though, it does not have a unique identity since it clearly looks like a tiny version of the H2. And unlike the H2 which retained key H1 dna, the H3 is a pure GM vehicle with just the Hummer decal. It wheels great. But not even close to the H2. For a reason.

My Video Collectionez

Last edited by DennisAJC : 08-12-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Hummer Novice

Harry Finklestein is on a distinguished road

I have a question and need a fact!

H2's are better offroad hands down but.....

If the H3 is "so much better" ()

Of the 99.9 % of H3 owners here that never thought of offroading before buying an H3 or more importantly finding this site.....

what was the rationale when you bought it?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Hummer Messiah

Let's keep the responses civilized people.

H2ers tend to be calm and courteous as you can see. There are no cheap words or insults being thrown or directed towards you H3ers. So please, some of you folks elevate yourselves to our (H2ers) maturity level and start responding with calm constructive replies. Non of these predictable child-like tantrums that will just add to the growing list of negativities towards the H3.

Thanks.

Dennis

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you a Chef? you love to stir the pot!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

eugenebeauxbuton is on a distinguished road

Once and for all, the H2 is capable. The H3 is capable. The H3 can get in to tighter spots. The H2 can't. The H3 is truer to the Hummer name because I said so. So there.
Hummer Owner (n.): a different type of person altogether. 2006 Black H3 with Luxury Package, Sunroof, Chrome Wheels, Chrome Appearance Package, Chrome Tubular Side Steps NO MORE, XM, Monsoon Sound System. SOON TO BE GETTING SOME TOYO 33'S AND DITCHING THE LAME 31'S!!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Hummer Expert

BigPoppa1411 is on a distinguished road

Old 08-13-2007, 06:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

(((echo))) is on a distinguished road

I have an 05 H2,
and was wondering if I put a BIG baby stroller wing and a weed eater muffler on it do you think I would go faster?
I read an article somewhere that just slapping a K&N filter sticker will give me an extra 20 ponies.

Now you wanna know why the above words are placed there? because to the right crowd (ricers) it's damn funny, now obviously there are not any ricers here but "we" just like ricers are allways going to "talk up" our respective wheels.

My $.02 whether it's wanted or not is this....
WHO GIVES 2 SH1TS!? you bought your 1 2 or 3 for your own reasons, and even though you think it's the baddest ride on the planet there is still a part of it that you wish you could change.
I didn't get the H1 because the interior looks like an old truck, I didn't get the H3 because it looks like a jeep, those are my reasons...everyone is going to have different ones.
Every day I get a load of crap about my hummer (too much gas-too much money-not practical-no places to take it off road-ect-ect-ect) but i tell em all the same thing, I got it because i wanted it, and I fukn feel good driving it.
Should sh1t ever go down i know in my gut that all i gotta do is push a button for 4 low and i will be able to crawl out of just about any situation.....not to mention that i'll be able to pull someone else out.

so sit back and ask yourself....why did i buy it
AND BE PROUD OF YOUR DECISION!
because truth be known...yeah the H1 may be the king of all beasts....
but does anyone here remember the old International pickups!? THEY were superior IMO to ANYTHING on the road today

ok..i'm done, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming
Old 08-13-2007, 06:14 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((echo)))
I have an 05 H2,
and was wondering if I put a BIG baby stroller wing and a weed eater muffler on it do you think I would go faster?
I read an article somewhere that just slapping a K&N filter sticker will give me an extra 20 ponies.

Now you wanna know why the above words are placed there? because to the right crowd (ricers) it's damn funny, now obviously there are not any ricers here but "we" just like ricers are allways going to "talk up" our respective wheels.

My $.02 whether it's wanted or not is this....
WHO GIVES 2 SH1TS!? you bought your 1 2 or 3 for your own reasons, and even though you think it's the baddest ride on the planet there is still a part of it that you wish you could change.
I didn't get the H1 because the interior looks like an old truck, I didn't get the H3 because it looks like a jeep, those are my reasons...everyone is going to have different ones.
Every day I get a load of crap about my hummer (too much gas-too much money-not practical-no places to take it off road-ect-ect-ect) but i tell em all the same thing, I got it because i wanted it, and I fukn feel good driving it.
Should sh1t ever go down i know in my gut that all i gotta do is push a button for 4 low and i will be able to crawl out of just about any situation.....not to mention that i'll be able to pull someone else out.

so sit back and ask yourself....why did i buy it
AND BE PROUD OF YOUR DECISION!
because truth be known...yeah the H1 may be the king of all beasts....
but does anyone here remember the old International pickups!? THEY were superior IMO to ANYTHING on the road today

ok..i'm done, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming

Very well said.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't often find myself agreeing with you Dennis but this time you have the thing nailed by 110 %. The 3ers are the best at baloney and hot air. It's identical to small man disease ,sometimes the honest approach is best- just own up to being a smaller or inferior person in a smaller or inferior vehicle. And The Truth Shall Set Me Free. Sorry to the little people . Regards The Rebel
Old 08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

BST1YET is on a distinguished road

the infighting is crazy. The real beef should be with all the tree-hugging, hybrid driving liberal hypocrats that constantly harass Hummer owners and vandalize their rides.
That said, I bought an H3 because it is what I wanted and it actually fits in my garage
Old 08-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
The H2 looks about as much like an H1 as my tennis shoe.

What?! That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Post a picture of your tennis shoe.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST1YET
That said, I bought an H3 because it is what I wanted and it actually fits in my garage
And that alone is the best reason I've heard yet.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST1YET
the infighting is crazy. The real beef should be with all the tree-hugging, hybrid driving liberal hypocrats that constantly harass Hummer owners and vandalize their rides.

true but then again a "civil war" is good from time to time, it cleans the air and gets some things out in the open.
Closed Thread