Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

CNN
Old 06-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep... Folks keep buying foreign cars.

Also, even more jobs will be lost:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> GM also announced plans to buy more components from suppliers outside the United States </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 06-11-2005, 11:35 AM

tonka61 is off the scale

no that really is not the reason but go ahead and think that way because everyone has there point of view. here is my point of view, if you want to compete in the world today in any market your pricing has to be competitive and you need to deliver quality they both go hand and hand. you cant count on a certain class of people to carry your business ($) especially in the auto bizz. i know this i build medit. villas and tried to keep my pricing for a certain person ($)and my product just sat till i woke up and got real. the market world is competitive. gm across the board is not competitive. example know gm want to sell the h2 hummer at the employee discount $46,500 i hear. because gm thought they could ride on the backs of a certain class of people. well sorry gm is at the door of wake up but what do they do get rid of 25,000 workers to solve there problems. i could go on and on but i have to get to work. do your home work before you bash people trying to buy products from business that are competitive.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Hummer Guru

Bull****. This is not really hard to understand. When a buyer’s money goes to a foreign company, American companies lose their market share and American jobs are lost.

Sorry, don’t try to give yourself an excuse for buying a foreign car. An American may have lost his or her job and livelihood because of that foreign car.

Of course, you are probably using illegal aliens to build your villas (in your mind to stay competitive). Never mind that American construction workers are losing jobs, and the rest of us taxpayers have to pick up the tab for your paid under-the-table worker’s healthcare.

Hey, you should be happy – The Chinese are sending cars to America next year. When you buy one, don’t forget to put an American flag sticker on the back as a sign of your love for this country!
Old 06-11-2005, 01:38 PM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

I'm sure this has been debated to death.

The loss of 25K jobs has very little to do with foreign car purchases, directly. GM continues to loose the quality/design game and frankly now that they have improved quality, begining to loose the design game, which in the highly competitive market kills your product.

GM cars are as not as good a overall quality as the big three Japanese companies (Lexus/Toyota, Infinity/Nissan) Acura/Honda) a corporation has been poorly run, poorly managed for the last 20 years. Do they have some success? Yes. Is it consistent. No. Most analysts feel GM has too many competing brands, too many models withing those brands and quality is poor compared to their peers.

In addtion, GM is in a large part held hostage to union demands and as a result, a hell of a lot of pension obligations. They also have a huge load of cash (30 billion or something like that) which isn't being invested back into their infrastructure or paying off their pension debt. I believe S&P (or Moody's) has downgraded both them and Ford to junk status.

If you look @ the newest "brands" of GM they are probably Saturn and Hummer. Well Saturn out of the gate rivaled Lexus in overall quality. New plants new design, new everything. A huge success. Not sure about it as a brand today. I don't think it's doing very well in terms of sales and quality.

Hummer was huge success for GM because it was a new design, and broke the mold of the standard SUV's. Remember Ford really created the 90's station wagon to combat the success so Chrysler's mini van.

Unfortunately GM isn't quick to respond and then when things get bad, they overeact, sending the company into a tailspin. I suspect GM will try to kill Pontiac, or Buick brands since the average buyer age is well into the 60's+, and the consumer sees many brands, many models.

All said, HUMMER is probably the ONLY brand for GM that is somewhat safe, but 10mpg trucks in a 2.50 a gallon market is gonna limit your buyer population.

I will be very interested to see how this plays out over the next few years. Be rest assured, the oil companies are NEVER going to allow gas back down to below 2.00 a gallon. The economic uncertainity allowed them to do what they have wanted to do for years, but the American public wouldn't accept it. Now, I guess we will. Lord knows I did.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Banned

DRTYF? (the imposter) is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MUH_HUM:
The economic uncertainity allowed them to do what they have wanted to do for years, but the American public wouldn't accept it.
Now, I guess we will. Lord knows I did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<font size=10>****!</font>
Old 06-12-2005, 10:39 AM

tonka61 is off the scale

hey Klaus why don't you go around your house list all your products/parts that are made from other countries gather them all up and leave them at the curb for the garbage man.
i can't help myself but buddy your a hippocrite.
do your home work before you open your big mouth. oh and the country thing i participate in the building of this country so people like me can make sure people like you have shelter which keeps this countries economie growing. the building industry is the biggest contributer to the growth of this country and second is the consumers that buy products. so when you drive down the road of life look around you and thank the MEN who had the balls to put it there. "god blessed america with MEN like me and other MEN how build this country too" think about that one.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Hummer Guru

I notice you don’t dispute your hiring of illegal aliens. Those slave labor wages really helps the bottom line, doesn’t it!

Obviously you can’t avoid all foreign goods. The point is, when you have a choice between American and foreign goods, think about the consequences to your fellow Americans before you buy.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:17 PM

tonka61 is off the scale

actually i dont hire illegal aliens. i use sub contractors and what ever they do i have no contral over it.

i here what your saying anyway.

tonka61