H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Aphextwinop is off the scale

I also am thinking about getting some roof lights as well. There are 2 types yes? The amber and then the one with 2 lights.

I like the look of the 2 lights better. What are most people running on here.

Aphex
Old 04-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think most are going with the marker lights (amber lights) versus the off road lights (2 lights) but could be wrong. I personally like the look of the marker lights better and didn't see myself using the off road lights that much.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 04-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

The marker lights are the most popular. I'll be getting mine soon! I would reccomend getting them dealer installed due to the fact that some are still having that wind issue getting under them. The dealer won't warranty that if you install them yourself.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike E:
I would reccomend getting them dealer installed due to the fact that some are still having that wind issue getting under them. The dealer won't warranty that if you install them yourself.

X2 and not just for the wind noise. You have to drill into the vehicle and if you mess it up it will be expensive. You would also be covered for any leaks that might start after the install.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

humdoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Had mine installed by the dealer - $650.00. I talked to the installer and wanted to know if he was installing with the "new fix". He told me he was but he also shaved some of the bolt neck off to make the fit tigher. They have been on for over two months and no problems with wind, noise or leaks.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I just had them installed - cost $900 installed. After the install, the dealer alerted me of an upcoming issue. Apparently, they are started to see minor hairline cracks on each side where they attach. He said I was on a list and to expect a recall. I have no wind issues and this isn't a big deal to me. When they have the fix, I'll drop it off for a few hours. Let me say, this is the single best modification I've done on my H3. In NY, I'm starting to see more and more H3's -- none of which have the roof marker lamps. So, if you live outside of NY, I say go for it. Add the roof marker lamps, you'll be happy you did. Live in NY? Don't do it. Wind issues, hairline cracks. Enjoy your stock H3.
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I just had them installed - cost $900 installed. After the install, the dealer alerted me of an upcoming issue. Apparently, they are started to see minor hairline cracks on each side where they attach. He said I was on a list and to expect a recall. I have no wind issues and this isn't a big deal to me. When they have the fix, I'll drop it off for a few hours. Let me say, this is the single best modification I've done on my H3. In NY, I'm starting to see more and more H3's -- none of which have the roof marker lamps. So, if you live outside of NY, I say go for it. Add the roof marker lamps, you'll be happy you did. Live in NY? Don't do it. Wind issues, hairline cracks. Enjoy your stock H3

What dealer did you go to in ny?

I think everywere in the us there getting those cracks I have small ones on both sides now

Anyone know when the replacements will be out ?
Last I heard it was april/may ?
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

SUN Hummer in Wantagh.

He didn't give me a time - just said to expect a letter from HUMMER.
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 04-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by fourfourto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just had them installed - cost $900 installed. After the install, the dealer alerted me of an upcoming issue. Apparently, they are started to see minor hairline cracks on each side where they attach. He said I was on a list and to expect a recall. I have no wind issues and this isn't a big deal to me. When they have the fix, I'll drop it off for a few hours. Let me say, this is the single best modification I've done on my H3. In NY, I'm starting to see more and more H3's -- none of which have the roof marker lamps. So, if you live outside of NY, I say go for it. Add the roof marker lamps, you'll be happy you did. Live in NY? Don't do it. Wind issues, hairline cracks. Enjoy your stock H3

What dealer did you go to in ny?

I think everywere in the us there getting those cracks I have small ones on both sides now

Anyone know when the replacements will be out ?
Last I heard it was april/may ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More like end of May I think. Mine were cracked, the dealer replaced both sides with new ones and they are warped! So they tried to flatten them out with double sided tape and that didn't help. They said once the fix is out they will update me. While they were working on mine I noticed at least 20 H3's on thier lot had the warp on them in the same spot as mine. So it must be an issue.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

Kracker is off the scale

My wind noise was horrible. I fixed it with door trim. That didn't last very long. So, my latest fix was to add washers to the bolts and tighten them down really good. Mine were not that tight to begin with. It has been about a month and no wind noise since.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:01 AM
Steve - SanJose

I like the marker lights, but the price for some fancy/bling/pimpin lighting seems a bit steep. And the stories about wind noise keep coming. Maybe totally redesigned market lights will be the solution later.

S.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Kracker:
My wind noise was horrible. I fixed it with door trim. That didn't last very long. So, my latest fix was to add washers to the bolts and tighten them down really good. Mine were not that tight to begin with. It has been about a month and no wind noise since.

I had tried the door trim fix on mine and it didn't help. Last time it was in for them to fix it they left the trim on there. When the noise came back I took the trim off and the noise was a lot quieter. I am now getting wind noise sometimes going as slow as 50. Have an appointment for a week from today for them to try again.

On a side note, I must be lucky because I have no cracks or warping on my roof rails

Old 04-28-2006, 03:22 AM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

more likely to get a deal if you are smart when you work the price. IMO
Old 05-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

lobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Roof marker lights

I'm still having wind noise/vibration as well. I've taken my H3 and had the "new" GM fix about 6 months ago and then again for a second time right after. I now have 2 of the "new" GM seals stuck between my roof marker lights and the truck. For a while that seemed to work - however the wind noise has returned again. Looking for a true fix! Anyone hearing anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerNewbie
The fix for the wind noise came out last fall. I had mine installed the second week of Feb. and am still having wind noise problems. I don't regret getting them for a minute though, they will get it right.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo
I'm still having wind noise/vibration as well. I've taken my H3 and had the "new" GM fix about 6 months ago and then again for a second time right after. I now have 2 of the "new" GM seals stuck between my roof marker lights and the truck. For a while that seemed to work - however the wind noise has returned again. Looking for a true fix! Anyone hearing anything?

I took mine back in to get it fixed right at three weeks ago and so far everything is great. Sure, you get a little extra wind noise from them and I do mean a little, hardly even noticable. I do not have an issue with them vibrating anymore though. When I took it in this time they replace the DS A-pillar plastic and that seems to have taken care of it. Every time I took it in before the fix only lasted for a week or two but I think after 3 weeks they finally seem to have it right.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the roof mounted lamps (ie fog lights). I like them allot, worked well in the blizzard we had back in Jan. But, lots of wind noise at 75-80 mph. I thought the windshield was loose. Talked to the dealer, not allot to do about it. I still like them but not probaby worth the $695 it cost

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 05-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
I have the roof mounted lamps (ie fog lights). I like them allot, worked well in the blizzard we had back in Jan. But, lots of wind noise at 75-80 mph. I thought the windshield was loose. Talked to the dealer, not allot to do about it. I still like them but not probaby worth the $695 it cost

Sounds like you have the same problem and the dealer telling you there is not a lot to do about it is BS. If it is the same problem then they need to fix it. Wind noise is one thing but the vibrating is something completely different and they need to fix it. Does it get so loud that you couldn't even talk on the phone when it is happening? That is how mine would get but all quiet now.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:28 AM
Steve - SanJose

Let us know when the "redesigned" and quiet marker lights come out please.

S.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Let us know when the "redesigned" and quiet marker lights come out please.

S.

They came out last fall.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be more happy to find out about the new roof rails.... End of May is fast approaching. The roof lights are more of a vibration than a whistle. I found taking the light covers off stops 50% of the noise. Unless I am driving a long distance, not really an issue. I realize the H3 was never designed for 4 hour runs at 80 MPH.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8