H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-12-2006, 01:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

MisterMark is off the scale

Excellent article. Thanks for the link.

As I was reading it, I was thinking, "Someone should send this to Arianna." And then I saw the last post which said, "Something please forward this to...Arianna Huffington."!

Apparently, she's been a success at establishing herself as the hybrid queen. The funny thing is that most of the time she has herself chauffeured around Southern California in a Lincoln Town Car.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

Digital-Audiophile is off the scale

So far I have found that most reactions to the hummers are positive, smiles, thumbs up an people saying cool Hummer. The only negative things I've seen so far was a hippie in a SMART car shaking his head and finger at me whilst stopped at a red light.. and the ribbing I get daily from my boss for buying a "soccer moms" Hummer
Old 04-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by f5fstop:
My opinion, who gives a flying F**k what someone says about the vehicle you drive. Most people are too ignorant to know the fuel mileage of any vehicle. I had neighbors in TN who thought I should drive my Jeep TJ more than my Vette since according to them, the Jeep had to get better mileage. (Jeep 16, Vette 28 highway.)
They never believe me when I told them the Vette was my economy car, and I didn't care then, and I don't care now. My basic answer is, "f**k off," and the older I get, the easier those words flow from my mouth.

I may drive a Hummer, and a Vette (when it is running), but I live in a house that is totally energy star rated. Not just all of the appliances and furnace, but every light bulb in this frigging place is fluorescent (they take a while to turn white), and the place is to dang tight I have to open the doors in the winter to get some airflow.
I bet most of the people driving those little fuel misers have a thousand lights on at one time, all incandescents, and leave their porch lights on all night because they are afraid of the Bogey man. (Me, I sleep with a SIG under my bed , but it is in the dark.)
RANT over....

That's Excatly how I feel. The older I get the more I get Pissed off at people telling me WTF to Drive or WTF to do about anything.

I also Have a 65 Vette with a BB GMPP ZZ502 Deluxe 502 Hp Motor. It has a Holley 850 CFM Toilet Flusher on top of the motor. I drive it every week end and also take long trips with it.

Gas...!!! Fuel Economey..Save The Planet...Hug a Tree...Not Me... I'm gonna enjoy before I croke..!! I allready know that Life can end in a Heart beat or a Incoming Round..

Who TF do they think they are..!!! Heh Drive your own friggen car or POS truck and stay the F out of my Life.

Last time I looked this is AMERICA ..A Friggen Free Country..!! F_ _K OFF..!! IF the H3 only got 3 MPG I'd still buy one...!!!

And guess what... I'll be waiting ..and on MAY 23rd..when you can order an H3x I Will ..I don't care if gas is Friggen $5.00 a gallon..
I'm driven my H3x every where...!!!

So Piss off tree huggers.....
Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Disnydad is off the scale

I've had one ricer blowing his horn and giving me the finger. That's it. I've also had many people asking to look in it even an old lady. The good comments far outnumber that one nut.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

Aphextwinop is off the scale

I'd have to say that all the comments I've received thus far are positive. People go out of there way to take a peek inside. I live in the midwest, (Kansas), and for the most part...were fairly down to earth here. I think that most negative comments stem from jealousy.

Pahex
Old 04-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Aphextwinop:
I'd have to say that all the comments I've received thus far are positive. People go out of there way to take a peek inside. I live in the midwest, (Kansas), and for the most part...were fairly down to earth here. I think that most negative comments stem from jealousy.

Pahex

Well, you live in Johnson County and people there tend not to have much to be jealous of

I couldn't tell you how many times I had people make jealous comments to me just because I had JO tags

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 04-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Viet Nam Vette:
That's Excatly how I feel. The older I get the more I get Pissed off at people telling me WTF to Drive or WTF to do about anything.

I also Have a 65 Vette with a BB GMPP ZZ502 Deluxe 502 Hp Motor. It has a Holley 850 CFM Toilet Flusher on top of the motor. I drive it every week end and also take long trips with it.

Gas...!!! Fuel Economey..Save The Planet...Hug a Tree...Not Me... I'm gonna enjoy before I croke..!! I allready know that Life can end in a Heart beat or a Incoming Round..

Who TF do they think they are..!!! Heh Drive your own friggen car or POS truck and stay the F out of my Life.

Last time I looked this is AMERICA ..A Friggen Free Country..!! F_ _K OFF..!! IF the H3 only got 3 MPG I'd still buy one...!!!

And guess what... I'll be waiting ..and on MAY 23rd..when you can order an H3x I Will ..I don't care if gas is Friggen $5.00 a gallon..

HOOORRRHHUUUUHHH!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by The Green Lantern:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viet Nam Vette:

HOOORRRHHUUUUHHH!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BACK AT Yah...HOOORRRHHUUUUHHH!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by HummerNewbie:

I couldn't tell you how many times I had people make jealous comments to me just because I had JO tags

What the hell are JO tags? I doubt it's what most people think when they hear "JO".
Old 04-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterMark:
What the hell are JO tags? I doubt it's what most people think when they hear "JO".

Just the obreviation for the county. Kansas tags have a sticker for the county the vehicle is registered in. Aphextwinop and a few others would know what I'm talking about.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
Who cares?
this is the real answer
Old 04-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8r:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Who cares?
this is the real answer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I guess that could be said about anything on this board.

If you don't care about a topic, then there's really no reason to post, is there?
Old 04-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agriv8r:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Who cares?
this is the real answer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I guess that could be said about anything on this board.

If you don't care about a topic, then there's really no reason to post, is there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 04-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MisterMark:

Just the obreviation for the county. Kansas tags have a sticker for the county the vehicle is registered in. Aphextwinop and a few others would know what I'm talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hummer Newbie.....you must have lived here at one point in time....obviously.......LOL

Yeah......so I do live in Kansas, however if you were to come visit the part of the city I reside in; it wouldn't be what most people had in mind. The greater Kansas City area, (shared with the show me state as well), is a great place to live, and has just as much to offer, if not more, than the more popular larger cities. JO stand for Johnson County, and Overland Park is in JO. It's where all the money is at and people here let everyone else know this. Trust me on this one! It's been that way for years. I really don't buy into it....I just enjoy living here. That being said......I get more snotty comments from my plates than my vehicles.....so HummerNewbie is right. I've just learned to ignore them. It can be expensive to live in JO and that's the root for all the stereotyping that follows JO inhabitants. I just realized that while I'm actually traveling in JO, I don't get many looks at ALL. Usually always happens if I cross over to another county or the state line....which are all within 10 miles of JO.

Hey Newbie......what if I had WY plates???? LOL!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Hummer Guru

[quote]Originally posted by Aphextwinop:
Hummer Newbie.....you must have lived here at one point in time....obviously.......LOL

Yep, grew up in PV and OP. Most of my family still lives in OP and Leawood.

Quote:
Yeah......so I do live in Kansas, however if you were to come visit the part of the city I reside in; it wouldn't be what most people had in mind. The greater Kansas City area, (shared with the show me state as well), is a great place to live, and has just as much to offer, if not more, than the more popular larger cities.

Overland Park was ranked #1 city to live, #1 city to work and #1 city to raise a family, in the US. Big reason why Sprint moved their world headquarters there. It is by far a better place to live than Orlando and someday I will probably move back there.

Quote:
JO stand for Johnson County, and Overland Park is in JO. It's where all the money is at and people here let everyone else know this. Trust me on this one! It's been that way for years. I really don't buy into it....I just enjoy living here. That being said......I get more snotty comments from my plates than my vehicles.....so HummerNewbie is right. I've just learned to ignore them. It can be expensive to live in JO and that's the root for all the stereotyping that follows JO inhabitants. I just realized that while I'm actually traveling in JO, I don't get many looks at ALL. Usually always happens if I cross over to another county or the state line....which are all within 10 miles of JO.

It is expensive to live there but I have never been anyplace in the US that is overall as nice as JO. Every place has nice areas but not usually an entire county like JO. Doesn't hurt that the two school districts in the county always rank in the top three in the nation. At least they used to.

Quote:
Hey Newbie......what if I had WY plates???? LOL!!!!!!!!

They might think you stole it and put your WY tags on it

Old 04-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

JO is a fantastic place to live.

Ok.....so how ironic is it that this thread was started......I respond that I've not encountered anything negative.....and then...."an incident" this afternoon after I get off work happens?

I'm driving to Raymore, MO with a fellow employee to do some shopping, and I'm sitting at a red light waiting to make a left. A guy in a white Galant pulls up to make a right......has plenty of time to make his turn, but pusposely stops......I look over and he makes a gesture with his hand as if his stroking his dick. He then spits on the inside of his own window, and then makes his turn. What a complete ****ing moron! It was so surreal, I was stunned. My friend and I looked at each other; for about a minute........and I say to him "What the HELL was that?".........we just laughed. Was I suppose to be hurt?

Man......I tell ya. Not sure about some people. He was seriously pissed off that I was driving a Hummer. Even before I was an owner, I would see the H2's and the H3's and just think "Cool".

Well that's my story.

Peace

Mark
Old 04-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
I look over and he makes a gesture with his hand as if his stroking his dick.

Maybe he saw the "JO" on your plates and it got him excited.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I look over and he makes a gesture with his hand as if his stroking his dick.

Maybe he saw the "JO" on your plates and it got him excited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Walked right into that didn't I? ROFL!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Walked right into that didn't I? ROFL!!!!!!

I doubt the State of Kansas thought about it either when they created those abbreviations.