H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 AM

Peter etg is off the scale

I have offered seller 32000 for this one. He wants 33000. But i think he will let me have it for 32000.
Is this price good or do you think i should keep on my search for anotherone?
Can anyone please check carfax on it for me?
Seller does not have a carfax.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Hummer-H2-Luxury-Be...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks
Peter
Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 AM

I have offered seller 32000 for this one. He wants 33000. But i think he will let me have it for 32000.

thanks
Peter
Old 08-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Hummer Novice

tVan is off the scale

seems like a good price to me...I paid 32,500 for my 03 with 45k miles....and it looks to be the exact same as that one
Old 08-15-2005, 04:22 PM

It is difficult buying a car unseen. Any other thoughts anyone?

Peter
Old 08-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

$32,000 is a solid price. The principles of persuasion say that you should give a little bit, and make a specific offer using some language like "Well, after looking at auction values and comparing them to your truck, I will give a little bit, but the highest I can go is $32,218"

It will make the seller think they're dealing with a pro, and he will want to give a little in response, since you used that exact terminology.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer destroyer:
FWIW, that 32K is about 1/2 the cost of a NEW BUILD home around here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You live in Peru?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer destroyer:
FWIW, that 32K is about 1/2 the cost of a NEW BUILD home around here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You live in Peru? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was guessing Cambodia.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

Then again this is probably his idea of a new "home".

Old 08-15-2005, 05:11 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

and FWIW (For What It's Worth), so what?

$32K would not even cover the typical down payment on a house loan around here. But so what!
You live in a cheap area, but so what?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:29 PM

Sorry for interupting you guys in your houseloan discussion..
IF i buy this one. Where do you suggest i look for used accesories, such as hard carrier and so on?
Is Ebay the best place for that?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:34 PM

Warranty will not be valid over here in sweden.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChuckE:
and FWIW (For What It's Worth), so what?

$32K would not even cover the typical down payment on a house loan around here. But so what!
You live in a cheap area, but so what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not my fault you live in an overpriced Yuppie Hell. And if you cannot get a Loan with 32K down, you must hvae a FICO score around 500.

Seeing as mine is around 700, and I got approved for 110K with 2K down, 5% fixed for 15 years.

EVEN WITH a Fico score around 450, you should be able to get a loan for at LEAST 320K with a 32K downpayment. 10% is usually the norm. Sounds like you have one of those "Interest Only" Loans happening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FWIW, nobody gives a flying fudge what you got approved for!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

You live in Peru? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope...Keep guessing. And FWIW, land is going for around 500-900 an acre around here. So, either buy a DEPRECIATING ASSET with 32 K, or buy an APPRECIATING asset. Your choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

$500 to $900 an acre? WTF?

Was it around the corner from this?
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2005, 06:04 PM

mr.jeepster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter etg:

thanks
Peter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like a good deal to me - not a great deal, but a good one. I paid 39k for mine, but it had a few more options (air suspension, etc.) and much lower mileage - still comfortably in mfg. warranty. How much more will it cost you to actually take possession of this one if you buy it?

Scott
'03 H2 Adv. Pkg. w/10" DVD
Old 08-15-2005, 06:13 PM

dessertfox
It will cost me about the double before it is outside of my house and ready to be driven. After all taxes and stuff are paied for.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

Peter -- did you ever get a CarFax on it? I would be very careful buying on eBay... but I know you have already been cautioned on that! Good luck, whatever you do...

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 08-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

Nope..one you get away from the Yuppie hell that are the west, and east coast, there are some GREAT deals on land. But sice most of you are more worried about what you DRIVE, as opposed to what you OWN, who cares. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uhh... we OWN our H2's!!! And I am guessing you meant "once" and "since" -- guessing the quality of schools in your area are a reflection of the land prices!

And, I am NOT on the "west or east coast", either!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 08-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

DAMN! I knew I should have pushed for the double-wide! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! (hitting myself on the head) I could've saved so much money! Hmmm....maybe I'll sell my house and move into a double wide...then I can buy cheap land in the middle of nowhere for $500 bucks an acre. I'm sure the appreciation will be great too... Thanks for the great investment tips HD!

You're a WINNER!

'03 H2
Old 08-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess you've never had a keyboard fail before... <span class="ev_code_RED">Probably because none of us shoots their jit on it while wanking to e-beaver. </span>

Are you SURE you OWN your Hummer? And not the BANK? So, you dropped cash on the counter, and walked out with a hummer? <span class="ev_code_RED">Semantics. </span>

No, you are even worsethan the EC'ers and WC'ers..you are Texas scum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_RED">Now now, play nice. Don't bring your OTN racism over here or you'll get a paddling... no, there won't be a big hairy guy in assless leather chaps to strap a red rubber ball into your mouth like you're accustomed to. so don't start getting your baby dick all hard, freak. </span>
Old 08-16-2005, 02:03 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
Peter -- did you ever get a CarFax on it? I would be very careful buying on eBay... but I know you have already been cautioned on that! Good luck, whatever you do... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the advice. Seller does not have a carfax. I was hoping someone here might be willing to help me out with that.

So please.

Peter