H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

So today the guy at the auto parts place (I was picking up some Moble-1 and a filter) tells me that he likes the Military Hummer better. Weird...I don't even remember asking! But I just said - "yea, they kick ass!" Because they do! Then I make my way to DD to get an nice ice coffee when the kid in there (first thing he said to me) says "I like the Military style better." So I answer "Oh no **** - is that what you drive?" He shut it. It is hard to live in the shadows of the H1...I hope that maybe some others like the H2 as much as I love mine!

If I hear another person ask me what I get for gas mileage I am going to pop! Everywhere I go I get asked at least twice. Then some random woman comes over and asks what I pay for insurance?! I feel like it is my duty to inform the public of my life with an H2.

"Those tires are going to cost you money!" WOW thanks for that tidbit -No ****!

"How much does it cost to fill it up?" Now I just lie and say, "$150 each time!"

This one is starting to be more common, "why?" Hey why not **** bag - Sorry I didn't call you before I decided to buy this...maybe I will give your ass a shout-out next time.

"Why do you need something that big?"
To carry all my guns, silly?!

“How does it handle?”
What do you mean, I ask.
“How does it handle on the corners?!”
“Like a Lotus Esprit…it is weird, not many people know that the Hummer was actually built for high –speed corners…not off road
Old 07-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Hummer Guru

So today the guy at the auto parts place (I was picking up some Moble-1 and a filter) tells me that he likes the Military Hummer better. Weird...I don't even remember asking! But I just said - "yea, they kick ass!" Because they do! Then I make my way to DD to get an nice ice coffee when the kid in there (first thing he said to me) says "I like the Military style better." So I answer "Oh no **** - is that what you drive?" He shut it. It is hard to live in the shadows of the H1...I hope that maybe some others like the H2 as much as I love mine!

If I hear another person ask me what I get for gas mileage I am going to pop! Everywhere I go I get asked at least twice. Then some random woman comes over and asks what I pay for insurance?! I feel like it is my duty to inform the public of my life with an H2.

"How much does it cost to fill it up?" Now I just lie and say, "$150 each time!"

This one is starting to be more common, "why?" Hey why not **** bag - Sorry I didn't call you before I decided to buy this...maybe I will give your ass a shout-out next time.

“How does it handle?”
What do you mean, I ask.
“Like a Lotus Esprit…it is weird, not many people know that the Hummer was actually built for high –speed corners…not off road
Old 07-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

At least people are talking to you
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 07-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Hummer Guru

Good outlook...never really looked at it from that angle!
Old 07-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

So many things possible to say to make their brains lock up. One of my current favorites is "What should I drive that's going to make you happy? While you're at it- what should I wear, eat, do for a living? Please, tell me what's going to make you ****ing happy." And then just stand there and stare(raise one eye brow if you can) at them like you're actually waiting for their answer. If they give you the old "You don't have to be an *******" crap just tell them they don't either. I've got so many other VERY naughty ones, but because of legal restrictions I can't divulge them to you because you might get your ass kicked by whomever you might use them on.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Hummer Guru

LMAO @ DRTYFN!

I am going to try that next time! No lie, I will do it...and I will probably get a chance to by tomorrow afternoon!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:35 AM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:

“How does it handle?”
What do you mean, I ask.
“Like a Lotus Esprit…it is weird, not many people know that the Hummer was actually built for high –speed corners…not off road </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Since you seem to have issues relating to, well everyone you ever meet, LOL, You probably should have bought a Tahoe, or maybe even a Viper, something less polarizing than an H2. People are always asking me questions about my H2 as well, just don't let their ignorant questions get the best of you. Some of them are curious but many of them are simply jealous & are trying to elicit an angry response. This way they can tell both of their friends, "I'd buy myself a Hummer but the owners are all a bunch of arrogant dweebs." Don't give the uninformed masses any ammunition, just let it go, LOL. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always answered in a positive manner. About the mileage, 14mpg... Really.

Cost, about 40k.

Cost to fill up, $60. But I have a 50 gallon tank and can travel 700 miles before stopping. (that totally messes them up)

Honestly, most want to see inside the truck. Some I let some look, some I don't.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:03 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

VTSTOMPER,

So when people like this barge in and start licking the gear shifter what's a guy to do?
Attached Images

2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 07-11-2005, 04:06 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kacyk:
VTSTOMPER,

So when people like this barge in and start licking the gear shifter what's a guy to do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Lick back.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
LMAO @ DRTYFN!

I am going to try that next time! No lie, I will do it...and I will probably get a chance to by tomorrow afternoon! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DRTY is for real!

I remember talking on the cell with him when I heard a girl screaming at him,
"Why would you buy that!"

He exclaimed, "What should I drive to make you happy???"

***Inaudiable****

The he continued, "What would make me happy is if you fixed that gap between your teeth honey."

I was LMAO! He has no shame.

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Hummer Guru

ARH1956 - I hardly ever have any issues with anyone I meet. I am the type of person that gets along with just about anyone. However I think your right...I am letting them get the best of me. Plus yesterday I was in one hell of a poor mood. Maybe I should have pointed out the "nice comments" I have been given as well, and maybe I should look harder at those than the negitive ones. I am just starting to think that the H2 is the most hated truck/SUV on the road. I am not even kidding...does it bug me, no not really, but WTF - why does it have to be the poster child of hated automobiles. I would have bought it all over again however. I love the Truck and plan on keeping it for a hell of a long time. Plus there is really nothing else like it!

KenP - I am doing my best to be like that...but it just seems like each time I am a brake pad loosing more of my surface...soon only to be iron on steel..and I will get hot!

Kacyk - now your talking my friend! Sign me up!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I really think that it primarily has to do with jealousy. The examples you mentioned were not people who could afford one so they have to make comments about it. Do you get comments from people driving other $40K+ vehicles, probably not. I know I don't see that around here. The others that will make comments are the tree huggers and they just don't have a clue. They are so brain washed that even if the H2 got 30mpg they would bash it just because it is big and in their opinion their opinion it must be bad for all of us. Actually, it isn't their opinion, it is the opinion of the people that told them what to think like the good lemmings they are

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie - I think you hit the nail on the head. Where I am from there is a split down the middle of income.

Some upper, small amount of middle, and a large lower.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I KNOW, I get bothered all the time about the Caravan. "How do those sliding doors work?" "Sweet ride! but I like the Aerostar better." Jeez! So annoying.

That's weird, I never make a comment to someone I don't know unless it's postive. Maybe (hopefully) they are just questions because it is so unique. People ask me questions about a new cell phone, purse, shirt, accessory etc..I am donning. Sometimes, they don't outright say that they love it- but I know it's because they like it or want to copy the coolness.

My first thought when I met Ken and he had it out with him that night was- when are you going to give me a ride?- (he was my friends older brother so I wasn't being slutty) And I'm kind of an earthy spirtual type, but never jealous because of monetary posessions. I did get a little jealous of the H2 when I realized people were looking at the H2 and not me though.

Bad and outright ugly comments are no doubt jealousy or environmental (because of the H2's symbolism).

People are strange, treat each individual encounter as you see fit. If you are sick and tired of answering technical questions on a particular day- just make like you speak a different language or something.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just make like you speak a different language or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFL! Now that would be a site. I ought to bring a video camera along for that!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

SoonerBoarder is off the scale

The mileage questions are the only ones that get old because virtually EVERYONE asks them. And, each time, it seems they've heard it gets lower and lower. The next person will probably say, "I heard those get 1 1/2 mpg!"

But, it's not a big deal. Most people are suprised to know that it gets close to every other full size SUV.

I rarely, if ever get mad, but the other day I came very close.

I was pulling my boat back from the lake and had to stop in a little town to get gas. It was an Indian convenience store that sold a bunch of cigarettes. They have tons of those around here. So, I fill up and go in to pay, since they didn't have pay at the pump. I had to wait in line to pay and there was a steady stream of cigarette buyers at the other counter. So, I get to the front and tell her I had pump number whatever. As she's running the card, she turns around and says, "$58, Bertha!" like they'd been in there discussing how much it cost to fill up that beast.

For some reason, the expression she had and the mocking tone really clicked something. MY first thought was to say, "Yeah, that's about your weekly cigarette budget, isn't it?"

My second thought was, "Are you mad because the truck cost more than your house?"

But, I didn't say anything, cooled off quickly, and went on about my business. Now, I laugh about it and I'm glad I didn't say anything.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Hummer Guru

I would have jumped the counter - taken the CC machine and spiked it on the ground - then started dancing the jig on it. Ok, not really.

But it is funny how we are the topic of many others lives.

Right now I am waiting for a troll to appear on this thread...it is only a matter of time.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

On another language bit....my husband does that anytime he takes my truck out. If someone starts mouthing off, he says "I'm sorry, I don't speak english" and turns away. Usually throws them for a loop.

I personally have not had a single negative comment on my truck. Like Ken, most people want to see the inside. And for some weird reason, "most" are 40 yr old guys driving minivans. Scary.

The second most popular comment I get is "if I could afford one of those, I'd get the yellow too!"

Stacy
Old 07-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Gas mileage...For fun I say, "about 23.8mpg. I drive a KIA Rio 4 days a week and the HUMMER 1 day a week to work...overall average, 23.8.

Also, nearly everyone here in NE says that's not really that bad, when I tell them actuals...avg. about 11-12 in town, 12-13 on the highway, 8-9 off-roading....BTW...what do you get on a 60% incline...I bet it's either 0 or even a negative if your brakes don't work! :-)

Just get used to the comments and create some fun answers for your own entertainment!

Ric