H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

SteveGt is off the scale
Default navigation system

I was looking at purchasing and oem factory navigation system for my 2004 h2 but was wondering if anybody can tell me how if it will fit or not. The ones I was looking at were for a hummer with y91 or y91 bose options I looked in my gove box and dont see any of these codes. Does this mean I should buy one that is for a hummer without y91 or y92? Is there any where else I can look? I just want to make sure before I buy it because I dont want to buy one that doesnt fit since I live in Canada and ill be purchasing from the states and I cant return it. Also ive called my dealer to ask and they were of no help to me. Thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

pdsq99f4 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: navigation system

I think you would need to have the y91/y92 to work. The 04 nav radio is different from the 05+. I think you're out of luck for an oem nav.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

finall is on a distinguished road

Why OEM NAV when an aftermarket portable Tom Tom or Garmin is 1/10th of the price?

Talk to other H2 dealers here in Canada. Where are u? The dealers sometimes have "pulls" that they can equip you with. Don't forget that you will need a new wiring harness and antenna. Lots of work and drilling....
Old 03-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tornadough is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't get OEM either.

For the same price an aftermarket kit has a lot more options.
IE ipod, rear camera, bluetooth, XM etc.

You won't get all those options for the same price but you can add later.

I had a horrible experience getting mine installed, but it's working now and I don't regret it.

I've never been a fan of suction cups on my windshield. Go in-dash for the cleanest look.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

SteveGt is off the scale

I wanted to go oem navigation system for the clean look, I have a portable navigation system and im not really liking it stuck on my windshield. I went to have an aftermarket indash navigation system priced out and it was way too expensive I thought the oem would bolt right in I guess I was wrong didnt know there was alot of work involved
Old 03-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

SteveGt is off the scale

Im in Toronto and the dealer that I deal with has a company come in and do all there Navigation installs therefore the service guy there didnt really know too much about the installs or the systems
Old 03-18-2008, 02:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

sanfoja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGt
I wanted to go oem navigation system for the clean look, I have a portable navigation system and im not really liking it stuck on my windshield. I went to have an aftermarket indash navigation system priced out and it was way too expensive I thought the oem would bolt right in I guess I was wrong didnt know there was alot of work involved

I bought my 2006 model OEM Touchscreen Nav system on Ebay for $542 delivered, + $100 for programming (which I later found out my local GMC dealer would do for free, nice group of guys). I have a 2003, with the Y91 option, was a direct plug and play, but thinking I am missing a VSS wire (vehicle speed sensor), but have not noticed really any adverse affects and I can enter addresses, etc. while moving Have heard that without the Y91/92 option you need to upgrade the amps to work, but I have also see NON-Y91/92 options listed on Ebay. Have yet to add on Ipod integration but that will only cost me about another $200, so I'm pleased with mine. Maybe this link will provide you some info. Good luck!!

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ht=touchscreen
2003 H2 Lux/Adventure, Burgundy, 37x12.5 MTRs on Matte Black Wheels, Smoked Cab/Running Lights, 07 Mirrors, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Volant CF CAI, AirRaid Intake Tube, Bi-Xenon HID, DRL mod w/diode, 2006 TNR, Matte Black Linex on Grilles & Front/Rear Bumpers, Ram Offroad Brush Guard, Rancho 9000 Remote Adj shocks, Rancho 5000 Strg Stab, FFD Ultra Extreme Electric Fans, Moog Pitman/Idler w/Cognito Support Kit, Kryptonite Tie Rods
Old 03-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

SteveGt is off the scale

I searched in the link provided in the post and it says if I have certain options on my amp eg. Normal, Driver, Rear, and Spacious I have the lux amp? If I have the lux amp does it mean I have the y91 or y92 option?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

Pioneer Avic Z2. Looks great! all around good unit, has all the bells and whistles.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

another
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

SteveGt is off the scale

I have the y91 option now its time to find a Navigation system for my truck
Old 03-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

SteveGt is off the scale

Nice navigation system I was looking at that one but I was told there is extra parts to buy to make my steering wheel controls work and to make my onstar work so I decided to go with an original oem system, I was told they are just plug and play so its easier.