Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 07-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rory is off the scale

Somehow I stumbled over to www.jeepforum.com and found this thread with over 150 pages concerning this stupid 'H2 Recovery Team' fad. It starts off with everyone buying the stickers that say 'H2 Recovery Team' and then near the end there's some guy in Tyler, Texas saying he saw an H2 at a car lot for sale and that he's going to take it for a 'test drive' to Linsey Park for some pictures and 'wheeling'. There's another guy asking about what he can do to an H2 that he know's of that parks on the street without landing him in jail.

There's far more than what I've mentioned, I didn't have the patience to read all 150+ pages of crap. I just thought I'd bring this to someone's attention because Jeepers putting down the H2 & H1 is one thing, but to then start talking about damaging H2's parked on the street and taking an H2 on a supposed test drive for the purpose of taking pictures and wheeling it is stepping over the line in my book. I would think that if there were such things being discussed on this forum with such seriousnous, that those involved would be banned.

Maybe someone has the patience to read through the entire thread and see what else there is?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=770cbcff5270ac4cf8539b1735f3b350& threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Rory
'94 Hummer
www.roryroberts.com
St. Charles, MO
St. Charles, MO
Old 07-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rory is off the scale

Somehow I stumbled over to www.jeepforum.com and found this thread with over 150 pages concerning this stupid 'H2 Recovery Team' fad. It starts off with everyone buying the stickers that say 'H2 Recovery Team' and then near the end there's some guy in Tyler, Texas saying he saw an H2 at a car lot for sale and that he's going to take it for a 'test drive' to Linsey Park for some pictures and 'wheeling'. There's another guy asking about what he can do to an H2 that he know's of that parks on the street without landing him in jail.

There's far more than what I've mentioned, I didn't have the patience to read all 150+ pages of crap. I just thought I'd bring this to someone's attention because Jeepers putting down the H2 & H1 is one thing, but to then start talking about damaging H2's parked on the street and taking an H2 on a supposed test drive for the purpose of taking pictures and wheeling it is stepping over the line in my book. I would think that if there were such things being discussed on this forum with such seriousnous, that those involved would be banned.

Maybe someone has the patience to read through the entire thread and see what else there is?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=770cbcff5270ac4cf8539b1735f3b350& threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Rory
'94 Hummer
www.roryroberts.com
St. Charles, MO
St. Charles, MO
Old 07-24-2003, 08:07 AM

Patriot is off the scale

Don't sweat it...they are just jealous.

I used to have a TJ myself...not a bad truck, just a bit too small for me.

I have a friend in work that has one and I kid him all the time when he talks about my H2...

I said...

"Man Dave, I was on my way into work and picked up a stone in my tire. It was making a terrible noise. I pulled over to flick the stone out of my tire tread when I realized it was a Jeep I must run over a few miles back"!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are no threat, they've been here already. They were about as tough as their jeeps, which they posted picks doing such extreme things as climbing up the curb at the shopping mall. They gave us all a good laugh.
Peter
Old 07-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a jeep, does that make me a hater too? Nah. Those guys certainly are though. Some day they'll grow up and see how dumb they looked. And some of them will never grow up and continue to be part of what degrades society.

Drive what you like. Expect the same respect you give. Its that easy.

- Dan

-------------------------------------------
SUT on order since 12/02 - 11 months to go!
-------------------------------------------
Old 07-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow!! Just spent a few minutes reading through their ramblings. Can you say jealous? IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the link to the H2 recovery team thread on this forum. H2 Recovery team thread
This is a very funny thread.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:35 PM

SJ is off the scale

At a time when our roads are filled with imports, here the H2 is about as all-American as vehicles come these days. Yet the very people that should be our 4 x 4 brethren are busy bashing an American truck.

I guess I'm backwards in the 21st Century, as it seems more patriotic to buy a Toyota or Nissan [French owned] these days?

Jeep Facts:

1. The Jeep brand is owned by Daimler-Chrysler, which is considered a GERMAN corporation by most economic standards. Almost all reputable media sources and publications site GERMAN control/ownership of the Jeep brand.

2. Engineering/Design and Product Control rests in the hands of German HQ.

3. The INTELLECTUAL input for producing a car/truck at D-C is increasingly becoming a German affair. For example, the Jeep Liberty and Grand Cherokee will both have more components designed and developed by Mercedes in the coming years. One specific example is the Common Rail Diesel (CRD) powerplant.

4. Jeep may be assembled in the USA with a majority of domestic parts, but the revenue ultimately goes to a German-based entity.

Why do some of the people that claim to be patriotic bash American products, then turn around and support a foreign brand? Truly baffling.

I guess we should have all bought Toyota 4-Runners folks. Let's just kill the American auto industry entirely and then maybe these morons will finally figure out that they support self-destructive behavior.

I sincerely like Jeeps, and I do think the Hummer bashing is isolated to a small percentage of owners. That being said, let's see the full picture and get some Red-blooded American facts straight for the few idiots that condone trashing a Hummer!
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 07-24-2003, 02:39 PM

Detonate is off the scale

It looks like pay back is a bitch. Someone vandilized one of thier jeeps.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=2dcd14d69919a2b048ded916eb67c3a4& threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=137

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 07-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy Snypees!

Spidey belongs to that Forum!

Or mabye Spidey's opposite,"Bizarro Spidey"

Man they are really bashing us in there. But it's their Forum. Let's leave em be. Kinda like sparing the ant hill from the WD40 and lighter thing.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-24-2003, 03:23 PM

argonaut is off the scale

What immature A**holes. And I thought we were bad. These guys are just jealous. We should send Steve R over to show them how to offroad. Maybe we should send them some of his awesome movies.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 07-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

Those guys are a blast! They're just having fun!

Look, if H2 was finacially out of my league, I would be alittle...err..uh..extremely jealous.

When I was younger and in my "have not" stage,
honestly, I was jealous of the upper class. But now I understand why some would pick on people like us.

Outside of the Forum, most of them are probably stand up guys. Reminds me of some of my employees.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-24-2003, 08:23 PM

argonaut is off the scale

We aren't upstanding mature gentlemen either Dennis (remember Andkon and Majoobijoobi, and the Frenchies, and the Jeeperss, and the Rover trolls, besides Chris that is)

But at least we have a lot of fun on this site. Most of the H2 owners I see around here (Portland) seem very stuck up and image obsessed. Most of them give me dirty looks if anything. There are a couple of nice owners, mostly brand new owners who still have that excitement we all felt (I still do almost a year later). That's why I like this forum so much. everybody here has a great personality and there is plenty of gags and flaming and gentle ribbing going on to keep me entertained every day instead of doing the stuff I should be doing. In fact I leave tomorrow for a weeklong cruise and I'm going to miss this place. Cruise ships have internet access, right?

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 07-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

Argonaut,

I agree, but I'm not going into their Forum to bother them.

If they come in here and press the wrong buttons...well...In the words of the HULK, " Must kill troll!"

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-24-2003, 09:43 PM

AlamoJim is off the scale

I post in that forum...and I have read the entire thread your talking about...it seems that for the most part they are having fun at the expense of the mall queen H2s. There are at least a couple of H2 owners that were crazy enough to actually post there (craniac, myself), and they gave kudos for actually taking it offroad. Like argonaut said, even we notice that many of the H2 owners are image obsessed - we are the odd balls in the H2 world because we actually go offroad.

I have seen several posts deriding the mall queen H2s in this forum...a couple of them have discussed 'offroading' an H2, but how many kids in your neighborhood would vandalize your H2 if you left it out every night? not many, but a couple. I think several of those guys are hardcore offroaders that would have a good time if we went with them because they simply have no idea of what an H2 CAN do - not enough H2 owners have the guts to take it out and use it.
They were even saying that the new H2 commercial (big race) was one of the best off road vehicle commercials they had ever seen.

jealous of us, some...skeptical of our capabilities -absolutely.

what is funny is that the VP of DC even said that 90% of jeep vehicles will not go offroad. I guess that they are more like us than they know! (just on a different budget!)

pretty soon all the 'free trails' will be closed by the sierra club and then half of them won't be able to afford to go 4wheelin!
Old 07-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

AlamoJim,

I guess you can call me a MallKing. I usually take my H2 to meetings and client luncheons. I'm still a poser sure. I can't talk **** about taking my H2 off-road like I did with my YJ Sahara(Which I beat and rolled to **** non stop for 6 years. Still have it.).

I don't want to go at it alone . I'm trying to persuade SPIDEY to lunch to see if we can get a group started.

So until then, I'll beat the **** out of the YJ and keep the Armour All Tires shining on the H2.

Dennis - Forum big talker

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-25-2003, 02:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bright-Lee is off the scale

This site rocks!!!
Will trade for H2
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2003, 02:19 AM
Hummer Messiah

Wholly Shyt! The Beast!

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-28-2003, 09:54 PM

brrrrrrrrr is off the scale

For the most part, I can't speak for everyone, we'd love to go wheeling with you guys, but I have never seen an H2 offroad and the H2 Owners I have approached about this look at me like I am crazy.

I'm sure some of you do take your H2s offroad, and yes there are jeeps that never go off road, but for something that has been labeled as the ultimate off road machine you'd think more people would be wheeling them .... except the people bought them for the image only.

It's these "image only" people that bother us/me. These are usually the arrogant people that will "drive over curbs to avoid traffic" (quoted items paraphrase things from your album page) and these same people are usually the ones that will argue to no end about how capable their H2 is and how bad a Jeep/chevy/yota is. I myself, don't buy a vehicle for the "looks people give me", or so that I can "pull up next to other vehicles and smile at them". Just as I would laugh at the lack of maturity in these acts should a Jeeper do them I do so towards anyone else, including H2 owners.

I think there are a lot of H2 owners that give those of you that bought the vehicle and really use it, a bad name. Unfortunately there are a lot, a whole lot of people that got their h2s to make a statement ... If you need a vehicle to let the world know who you are then you aren't much of anyone in my book.

I also think a lot of people have problems with seeing how a vehicle that heavy, with the limited articulation that it's IFS has, and large turning radius can go down a trail and not damage it. Having never seen one on the trail I can't comment about this myself, just want to fill you guys in. And I do feel for you on this level coming from owning a large vehicle before my Jeep.

I don't want to get into how/why I think a stock Jeep will out wheel an H2, unless you want to, but remember that a stock jeep costs a lot less than an H2. Consider the Jeep you would be "up against" if I went out and spent as much on it as you folks did for your vehicle alone.

For those that actually do take your H2 off road I commend you, but most people will still think poorly of you because you are trashing a 50 grand vehicle, which to most people makes you look really wasteful .

I invite you to let me know next time any of you want to go in my neck of the woods...

OH, I'd love a link to the H2 wheeling movies you have too.

edit - Oh and I don't remember anyone saying that they were going to actually vandalize any vehicles on that thread. I hope that if they said it it was in Jest, but then again I see some of your members feel quite happy that one of us would have our vehicle vandalized. Like I said, it's these types of people that will give the rest of you a bad rep...

www.2bbdelta.org

[This message was edited by brrrrrrrrr on 07-28-03 at 05:05 PM.]
Old 07-29-2003, 12:44 AM

h2? is off the scale

Thanks for proving that h2 owners are morons. I am a proud jeep owner, college graduate and a United States Marine. I guess because i don't fit into your stuffed shirt crowd that i am beneath you. Enjoy taking your h2 to the mall and polluting our planet by using a "off road" vehicle for milk and cookie trips. to quote one of your own, "Drive what you like. Expect the same respect you give. Its that easy." Ironic one of your own sums it up the best, i feel bad for you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Wow!! Just spent a few minutes reading through their ramblings. Can you say jealous? IMO, there are very evident differences between H2 owners and Jeep owners. Intelligence, level of accomplishments in life and class are a couple.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>