H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 PM

H3CAN is off the scale

OK,

My enfine warninng light SES came on.
I checked the regular...gas cap tight, fuel octane ok etc....but the light was still on.

Took it to the dealer, they ran smoke test for leak and also got P0455 on scan (evap system). They checked and checked and could not duplicate....which is no surprise to me ...!

Anyone seen that ? any ideas ?

Also, since I was there, I pointed out that my engine bottom block is slightly oily on the driver's side....the dealer could not find the leak and washed the bottom (and charged me $60 bucks )

Any one have seen those symptoms at 7500 miles...I hope I will not regret buying a GM. I love this truck.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 PM

H3CAN is off the scale

OK,

My enfine warninng light SES came on.
I checked the regular...gas cap tight, fuel octane ok etc....but the light was still on.

Took it to the dealer, they ran smoke test for leak and also got P0455 on scan (evap system). They checked and checked and could not duplicate....which is no surprise to me ...!

Anyone seen that ? any ideas ?

Also, since I was there, I pointed out that my engine bottom block is slightly oily on the driver's side....the dealer could not find the leak and washed the bottom (and charged me $60 bucks )

Any one have seen those symptoms at 7500 miles...I hope I will not regret buying a GM. I love this truck.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

P0455 means a large leak, and large leaks are usually very easy to find (smoke comes out like a chain smoker in a bar). Most of the time, it is the cap is off or not even close to being closed.
However, here is a bulletin. Show it to the techs and have them pull up the fix.

Service Engine Soon (SES) Light On, Diagnostic Trouble Code(s) (DTC) P0442 Small Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Leak and/or P0455 Large EVAP Leak (Reposition Fuel Filler Housing Seal) #05-06-04-055 - (Sep 2, 2005)
Service Engine Soon (SES) Light On, Diagnostic Trouble Code(s) (DTC) P0442 Small Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Leak and/or P0455 Large EVAP Leak (Reposition Fuel Filler Housing Seal)
2006 HUMMER H3

Condition
Some customers may comment that the SES light is on.

Diagnosis with a scan tool may reveal a P0442 and/or a P0455 EVAP Leak DTC.

Cause
The seal between the filler housing and the fuel filler tube may be restricting the fuel cap from sealing correctly.

What happens is when they install the tool, it seals ok so nothing is picked up with the smoker.

Quick and easy repair, about ten minutes.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:51 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

The fact that they charged you 60 bucks to clean oil off a block of a new H3 is a friggin crime.......

Man that angers me.....wtf?

I would have refused to pay it....and when you take it back with F5's fix which they should have been able to pull up on the computer like F5. When you print it out and give it to them ask for you 60 back and a tank of gas for the return trip with your own diagnosis so they can fix your H3.....and no I am not kidding.....tell them you will call GM cust service..that gets them hopping and that you havent sent in the dealer survey yet.

GM is very interested in how the HUMMER dealers are treating there customers.

I had major service last sat. they have left 5 messages on every phone I own wanting to take a survey which is recorded on how the service went.....they were almost obnoxious about it.

UNO
Old 01-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UNOMYFLO:
The fact that they charged you 60 bucks to clean oil off a block of a new H3 is a friggin crime.......

Man that angers me.....wtf?

I would have refused to pay it....and when you take it back with F5's fix which they should have been able to pull up on the computer like F5. When you print it out and give it to them ask for you 60 back and a tank of gas for the return trip with your own diagnosis so they can fix your H3.....and no I am not kidding.....tell them you will call GM cust service..that gets them hopping and that you havent sent in the dealer survey yet.

GM is very interested in how the HUMMER dealers are treating there customers.

I had major service last sat. they have left 5 messages on every phone I own wanting to take a survey which is recorded on how the service went.....they were almost obnoxious about it.

UNO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I missed that $60.00 charge, and I totally agree with you. This is ludicrous. I guess I'm the type of person who would give them the bulletin, but for them to retrieve it they would have to visit a proctologist.

H3can, if you get a JD Powers survey; make sure you hit the dealer hard, and mail him a copy, I sure would. Then I would find another dealer.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:20 PM

H3CAN is off the scale

Thanks Guys a lot....I will, I will keep you posted. I was having a bad day and did not want to engage in more frustrating issues...but I will get them next time.