H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-04-2006, 04:44 AM
Hummer Expert

MarK M is an unknown quantity at this point

So it fianlly happen to me. After a couple of days rain and on a sunny day the wipers decided to turn on a couple of times.

I've read all the problems other people were having. My question is, is this an already known issue in dealers or am I going to have to fight at my dealer to get this replaced?

Something to do with a non waterproof motor of some sort... am I correct?

Or, should I wait for a recall notice as one suggested in one of the threads. I'm not one to wait...

thanks,
Old 02-04-2006, 04:44 AM
Hummer Expert

MarK M is an unknown quantity at this point

So it fianlly happen to me. After a couple of days rain and on a sunny day the wipers decided to turn on a couple of times.

I've read all the problems other people were having. My question is, is this an already known issue in dealers or am I going to have to fight at my dealer to get this replaced?

Something to do with a non waterproof motor of some sort... am I correct?

Or, should I wait for a recall notice as one suggested in one of the threads. I'm not one to wait...

thanks,
Old 02-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

If everyone who has this problem waits for a bulletin to be issued, it will never be issued. Engineering monitors labor operation numbers to see what is happening with the repair of the vehicle.
At this time, I see nothing on the radar screen for wiper problems. There are numerous reasons why this is suddenly noted here on the forum. (For one thing, I have seen two different symptoms, yours where the wiper comes on for no reason, and one where the wiper stops at mid-glass when turned on.)
A supplier could have a problem, and did what they call a "spill" of bad parts. This spill might only encompass a certain number of vehicles. A spike in warranty, with a specific VIN range will show this.
It might be a major problem affecting all modules, or it could just be a problem that affects only a small number of vehicles.
My suggestion to anyone is take the vehicle to a dealer and report the problem.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

f5fstop is correct. Everyone with this issue needs to report it to the dealer. Mine is being dropped off tomorrow so they can work on a rattle in the dash bu i also reported about my random wipers problem as well.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:18 PM

H3CAN is off the scale

mine seems to skip (small jerk) when in delay mode....as if it is missing a wipe...anyone else see that ?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

I WannaHummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3CAN:
mine seems to skip (small jerk) when in delay mode....as if it is missing a wipe...anyone else see that ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. I have noticed that as well. Not sure if that is this same problem in it's infancy or something totally different.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale

Mine started that way. Every once in a while there would be a random swipe, then recently turned into the full-fledged problem where the only setting working correctly now is the fastest position.

I would take it to the dealer. Mine is going in on Monday.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Elcova Newbie

flyinghigh is off the scale

Yeah I have noticed that as well just started. I will tell dealer next time i'm in.. which is like every other week!!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hearing a lot about this on the forum, but so far, no preliminary investigations listed on the GM site. Therefore, I have to guess it is not as big of an issue as it sounds. Probably something like the TPM issue.
There is a very small number of H3 owners on this site, as compared to the number of H3s sold. So, ten people having problems on this site is not a large number, unless it is happening everywhere.
If I see something pop up, I'll post it. But as this time, all I could suggest is tell the dealer. I have not heard anything about a leaky wiper motor module, which could cause the problem, as well, as a few other items such as a bad switch or a malfunctioning BCM.