H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Hummer Novice

DAZ is off the scale
Default HELP NEEDED

H2 owner needs help! I live in the UK and am on my second H2 which is an '05 SUV in black from my local Hummer dealer in Manchester. The problem I have is that I am moving to Saskatchewan, Canada and want to take my vehicle with me but transport Canada says it is inadmissable because it does not have the federal safety standard sticker on the drivers door.
The vehicle is built in the USA and according to my dealer the vehicle is built to full federal saftey standards (like any other H2 that rolls off the production line), and is to Canadian spec. Apparently to get my vehicle into Canada I need to obtain a letter from GM stating that it is built to Federal standards but I can't seem to get hold of the correct person at GM, and no-one is willing to help. Does anyone out there know the correct contact at GM to help a loyal customer. Many thanks from a loyal H2 owner.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Hummer Novice

05suton22s is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP NEEDED

you need to talk to the riv(registar of imported vehicles)1-888-848-8240 and check out there web site.i just brought my h2 sut from lasvegas to canada.all i had to do is fax the border my title 72 hours prior to bring the vehicle across the border.also have a recall letter from gm vintage canada 1 905-664-5843 they will send you and the border a letter all you need to give them is your vin.after that the riv will send you an email and letter that you need to take to canadian tire. and they will to a federal inspection and they will determan if your vehicle can be insured and driven in canada.all the h2 needs to have is day time running lights and it will pass no problem if it is a us built h2 then you have know worrys.it is very easy. let me know if you need any more info.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

You could also try calling the Hummer owners line at 1-866-486-6376. They might be able to help you out. But as for a safety sticker, it should be inside the drivers door or the door well.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ricco is off the scale

The problem I have is that I am moving to Saskatchewan, Canada
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN.People dont move there only away.i lived there and was just there couple months ago.not the best 4xing country.haha good luck with the tranport of truck
2000 gallons of water
little bit of dirt
mix well
ENJOY
Old 05-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Hummer Professional

vador99 is off the scale

Go there
http://www.tc.gc.ca/securiteroutiere...n/impxus_f.htm

i bought mine in South carolina 2 years ago and i imported it here in canada by myself. Easy if you do it right.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Hummer Novice

DAZ is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05suton22s
you need to talk to the riv(registar of imported vehicles)1-888-848-8240 and check out there web site.i just brought my h2 sut from lasvegas to canada.all i had to do is fax the border my title 72 hours prior to bring the vehicle across the border.also have a recall letter from gm vintage canada 1 905-664-5843 they will send you and the border a letter all you need to give them is your vin.after that the riv will send you an email and letter that you need to take to canadian tire. and they will to a federal inspection and they will determan if your vehicle can be insured and driven in canada.all the h2 needs to have is day time running lights and it will pass no problem if it is a us built h2 then you have know worrys.it is very easy. let me know if you need any more info.
Thank you for your help, sorry I didn't get back to you straight away but we have been away. We have been in touch with VIN and although the vehicle was built in the US the chassis number says that the vehicle was built for export and this is what is causing the problem even though there is nothing different on my vehicle than a US one!! I will try vin again and let you know how we get on. Daz
Old 06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

Ever thought of selling yours in the UK and than moveing and buying a new or used one where you are moveing to ? this way you won't inconvenance the bureacrat's and let them go back to doing what they do best ,bugering each other and anyone else they can . MOVE GOVERMENT =MORE BULL $HIT.
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson