H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 02-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 and SD photoshoot.

I agree. IFS's are too expensive to build right. That 4Runner I built won the only rock-crawling event I entered it into. Sadly, it's hard to find competitions in Ohio, where I'm originally from.

However, my Hummer has also pulled some folks out of the mud. My 4Runner would've owned it, though.
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 02-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road

I also got a 2001 (last year built) Jeep Cherokee XJ, with Rubicon Express 4.5" lift. If need to go off road, I'll take that.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Hummer Professional

Nice. Post some pictures of that!
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer9938
I never take my Hummer off road, and not ashamed to say it. I originally bought it to tow a show car and never ended up buying a car trailer. If I was shopping for a truck to take off road, I would go for solid axle, I'm not going to lie.
There's a first time for everything...the apocalypse is right around the corner (2012)...there'll be plenty of off-road opportunities then, I would imagine. Lol.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Hummer Professional

Maybe John Cusack could be his co-pilot.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

ANNOUNCEMENT: TO EVERYONE WHO HAS NEVER WHEELED THEIR RIG, AND WILL NOT WHEEL THEIR RIG, YOU ARE CHEATING YOURSELF THE FULL ENJOYMENT OF OWNING A H2!!!!

I dont wheel my truck every day, and really its been a long time since I have but wow what an experience it is! It is amazing to guide your truck through obstacles that you had no clue that your truck was capable of. The adrenaline pump when approaching an obstacle is similar to when you are lining up to drag race. The jitters after you OWNED the obstacle is simiar to after whipping the other car in a race. It is a rush and awesome to really know what your truck can do.

This does not mean abusing your truck--most of it can be done with hardly spinning a tire. Go out and do some simple trails and you will see what I mean. Your vision will get bigger and you will want bigger obstacles but you will experience what I am talking about. Again, this can all be done without abusing your truck. You would have no idea where my truck has been if you saw it in a random parking lot. Not wheeling your H2 is like having a hot chick for a wife or g/f and not throwing her the bone. Sure, she looks nice to have around and all your friends get to see this hot chick with you and you look cool and all, but.....

I have taken my children with me on most of my escapades and what precious memories have been built. My 7yr old son was riding shotgun with me when we ran slick rock at Tellico To this day Allen, myself and my son are the only Hummers to tackle Slick Rock. One trip it was myself and 4 kids(my two and their friends) in my truck with a big group of FJ cruisers. What a field day we had! When waiting for other trucks to gothrough obstacles the kids were playing tug of war with the tow rope. When we are going through an obstacles the kids were buckled down and screaming to the top of their lungs in excitement! Great times!

Bimmer, Sir Charles has spun this around that i dont like your posing @ss or your rig but this is not accurate. I genuinely desire other H2 owners to have the oppertunity to share the experience I have. If you go through my post youll find one of my fav H2s was Albies which is almost identical to yours. Rockstars had just come out, he was runing 40s and the black grill completed the package. After I saw his truck i realized i wanted to change from chrome to black. I went out and got a black grill, but never got around to the rims.

[gets off soap box]

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 02-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles06
My 4Runner would've owned it, though.

I believe this to be ignorant. Not your fault, as you have never wheeled your H2 but you really should see what others have done before you assume this. Do not discount your truck, instead go give it a whirl and your Hummer owning experience will change vastly.

BTW, the King of the Hammers was won this year by an IFS rig.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Hummer Authority

I like to wheel...
Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
ANNOUNCEMENT: TO EVERYONE WHO HAS NEVER WHEELED THEIR RIG, AND WILL NOT WHEEL THEIR RIG, YOU ARE CHEATING YOURSELF THE FULL ENJOYMENT OF OWNING A H2!!!!

I dont wheel my truck every day, and really its been a long time since I have but wow what an experience it is! It is amazing to guide your truck through obstacles that you had no clue that your truck was capable of. The adrenaline pump when approaching an obstacle is similar to when you are lining up to drag race. The jitters after you OWNED the obstacle is simiar to after whipping the other car in a race. It is a rush and awesome to really know what your truck can do.

This does not mean abusing your truck--most of it can be done with hardly spinning a tire. Go out and do some simple trails and you will see what I mean. Your vision will get bigger and you will want bigger obstacles but you will experience what I am talking about. Again, this can all be done without abusing your truck. You would have no idea where my truck has been if you saw it in a random parking lot. Not wheeling your H2 is like having a hot chick for a wife or g/f and not throwing her the bone. Sure, she looks nice to have around and all your friends get to see this hot chick with you and you look cool and all, but.....

I have taken my children with me on most of my escapades and what precious memories have been built. My 7yr old son was riding shotgun with me when we ran slick rock at Tellico To this day Allen, myself and my son are the only Hummers to tackle Slick Rock. One trip it was myself and 4 kids(my two and their friends) in my truck with a big group of FJ cruisers. What a field day we had! When waiting for other trucks to gothrough obstacles the kids were playing tug of war with the tow rope. When we are going through an obstacles the kids were buckled down and screaming to the top of their lungs in excitement! Great times!

Bimmer, Sir Charles has spun this around that i dont like your posing @ss or your rig but this is not accurate. I genuinely desire other H2 owners to have the oppertunity to share the experience I have. If you go through my post youll find one of my fav H2s was Albies which is almost identical to yours. Rockstars had just come out, he was runing 40s and the black grill completed the package. After I saw his truck i realized i wanted to change from chrome to black. I went out and got a black grill, but never got around to the rims.

[gets off soap box]
Seriously though, Boss Hoss, I'm right there with you. Moab and this truck opened my eyes...it is a truly remarkable machine.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Hummer Professional

My 4Runner went over some obstacles that would've left my H2 hung up. It had ridiculous articulation. But I'm sure there are many instances where the H2 would be better. And I know that IFS's can be awesome. As I stated above, just takes a lot of money. However, I don't want to get into an IFS vs. Solid Axle debate...seen those go on forever. Both can be exceptional when done correctly.

Boss Hoss has a point, though, to everyone who hasn't been off-roading, no matter the vehicle. Even if you just ride with a friend, it's well worth the time spent. But be forewarned, it can be pretty addicting, and expensive. That's why I don't take the H2 off-road much. Not interested in breaking anything. I've been down that route years ago, and it can get old. I'd rather spend my time driving my car than fixing it. I am tempted to pick up a cheap Jeep, though. If it breaks, I'll just park it til I feel like fixing it.

Hey Bimmer, trucks still look good.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

What a good tread this is turning out to be! I dig both the trucks in the pix! But yeah Johnny boy we need to take you out and get a lil mud on those tires!

Charles as far as beeing worried about breaking your truck offroad. Man what you have yet to learn about the H2 is that in stock form the H2 is damn near indistructable. (minus stock tie rods)

As long as you dont get stupid ( Take that statement with a grain of salt....because the reality is you can get pretty damn stupid in a stock h2.) you will not break this truck.

Back to Johnny. you are using ur jeep to wheel ??????????? come on dude! lol

Tell you guys what I want to personally invite you to Black Mountain in May to run with me and THCI. Totally awesome venue! Black Mountain is the event that replaced the legendary Kinzalows event. And you old schoolers know all about "the moab of the east"!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Hummer Professional

You know that statement, "If it's going to happen, it's going to happen to me"? The "me" they're talking about is, quite literally, ME. Do I believe the H2 is very capable off-road? Sure. Do I believe something's going to break if I take it off-road? Yup.

Anyone here have the front output of the their transfer case stop working for no apparent reason on their H2 with 60,000 miles? I have. The dealer was going nuts trying to figure out what the noise from the front of my truck was until they put it on the lift and put it into gear.

Would you ever think Honda, HONDA, could screw up the first OIL CHANGE on your brand new S2000? I do now. I could start a new thread on the random stuff that I've had happen. And it truly is random, not just a bad shop or dealer.

Now, I don't want to make it sound like I don't off-road only because of my bad luck. Truthfully, I simply got a bit disinterested in it. I got to the point with my 4Runner where it was either make it over a particular obstacle, or flip the truck. Once you get to that point, you need a trailer, tow truck, etc to push the limits a bit, and keep it fun. Would I take the H2 on a simpler trail? Sure. Would it get old to me fast? Probably. I'm sure I'd enjoy the scenery, though.

However, I may take you up on that invite if I can ride along. Where is Black Mountain?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Hummer Authority

I have never heard the phrase "if its going to happen it is going to happen to me", you may have coined that one. I call that a blanket excuse but no excuses need when you have 4runner with a 30in lift and 33s(after all it has fiberglass fenders and a nerf bar things you can use to jack up the whole truck). I bet it ran over everything, forward and reverse, in two wheel drive all while be unaffected by your bad luck. If reading comprehension serves me correctly, the thing was soo awesome that it plain out made wheeling boring! The guys running lowrider buggies w/47in tires, built LS6s, rockwells, four links, 4 wheel steer probably only wheel for the scenery.

Do us a favor, and share some pictures of you and your rig that you "built" on these monster obstacles. Since we have seen 14 pictures of your Fox stickers, pictures of your porcshe and various driveway pictures I am confident you do not lack pictures to prove your wheeling prowess.

Please educate yourself instead of continuing to look like an idiot. You will find picture after picture of H2s on obtacles that have plenty of youtube videos of other trucks flopping. Amazingly the H2 is able to tackle these obstacles without breaking! This isnt about ifs vs sfa, this about you talking about something you have no clue. The content of your post makes it evident that you have spent little to no time in the actual wheeling world.

Last edited by Boss Hoss : 02-26-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss, please quit bullsh!ttin' and tell'em how you really feel...lol.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Hummer Professional

Wow. I'm not sure what to even say to that. Sorry, I made you angry? Is that better? Not quite sure why you're so upset at me. I feel like everything I write, you either misread, misunderstand, misinterpret, or some other "mis". And calling me an "idiot"? Again, I'll be the bigger person here.

I never wrote my 4Runner was better than anything else out there. I simply stated that with that truck, same as any other truck, it had its limits, and that I didn't intend to flip the truck to enjoy it. I DID need to drive it still. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it off-road. Last time I took it off-road was 10 years ago. I think the new owner still uses it, though. Didn't think I'd need pictures someday to prove to someone that I used it.

I've seen pictures and videos of Hummers off-road. I never said they weren't capable. I DO own one, big guy. I DO believe you guys, and your pictures and videos. The comments about it getting old fast were not made because I think the Hummer wouldn't do anything exciting. Again, I BELIEVE YOU. I've seen the pictures and videos where it makes other trucks look silly. I just don't have an interest in taking chances of breakage, or other damage, anymore. My 4Runner had its "battle scars", and I don't feel like doing that to my Hummer. Honest to God, I would enjoy going with you guys who choose to use your truck that way. It'd be fun, and I'm sure I'd be even more impressed.

I'm sorry you feel that I have no "education" in the world of off-roading. Honestly, I like educate myself in many different areas, not just off-roading. Hence, the sports car. No, I probably don't know as much as you about some of this stuff. But you know what, I don't give a $hit. I know enough to enjoy my trucks (past, present, and future), and enough to enjoy other aspects of the automobile industry. But, you probably know more about those aspects too. So please, enlighten me....
Old 02-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Hummer Authority

I do not appreciate you acting like you are a rock crawlin fool who builds rigs and then puts down the capability of the H2. Dont act like you didnt say you built your rig, you won rock crawling competitions and the H2 would be owned by your rig.

Truth be told, I have found it true that you did not build your rig, have not wheeled ANY rig much less a 4runner but for some reason you feel you should offer your .02. I will be glad to use your own words to prove you to be an idiot if you want me to. Otherwise you should say the following an bow out of any "wheeling" conversation:

"I, Charles06 would like to appologize to thos H2 owners who came before me and proved the H2 offroad ability. I am sorry for acting like anyone should believe my OPINION on wheeling becasue I really do not have any experience and am just talking out of my mouth."

Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Hummer Professional

Man, did we really get off on the wrong foot. And I feel I'm more to blame than you. I've gone back and read some of what we've written to see where this got so misconstrued. Some, I understand. Some, not so much.

Sorry, I didn't build my rig myself. I did some, my friends helped, and I had a shop do most of the harder work. I meant "built" in the same way someone does when they say they "built their house in 2002". They didn't physically build their own house...

Like I said, you're misreading much of what I write. I NEVER acted like a "rock crawlin fool". I NEVER put down the H2. And, reread above, I said I entered ONE competition and came out ahead. It was small, though. Hell, it was hard to even find an RTI ramp where I lived. I later realized that owning such a one-dimensional vehicle wasn't what I wanted, so I sold it.

I wrote my 4Runner would own MY Hummer, not Hummers in general. I do realize that some of the things I've done make my H2 less than optimal for off-roading. I still feel that my 4Runner was better set up than MY H2 for that kind of thing. And, if for no other reason, I didn't care as much about putting a scratch down the side of it.

I'm not sure how to prove that I did a bit of off-roading when I was younger. Not sure why you don't believe me. Because I have a FOX sticker on my truck? Because I own a Porsche? That's fair. No, I've never done Moab, Tellico, Badlands, etc. Those were very far from me when I lived in Ohio. And I didn't have the time when I was getting my master's degree in Pennsylvania. I had to make due with what we could find in Ohio.

I understand there's a park in Ocala, and a Hummer club goes there on occasion. Have you been there? I met a gentleman who goes by big2dabank on HummeXClub who told me about it. He made it sound like people don't go as much anymore, though.

Last edited by charles06 : 02-27-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:35 AM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

People go to Ocala All the time. Look up Hal Dilworth on FB. In fact he was at Ocala today.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Hummer Professional

Good to hear. I don't have a FB account, though. Do you know if he's on these, or any other, forums? And did he go with a group? I've seen a few of the pictures from their outings, and it looks like a good time.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

ehaser is on a distinguished road

Come on boys. Play nice.