H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-13-2006, 03:25 AM
Hummer Expert

blindzebra is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Tuff Country 4inch

I hear alot of the bolt on kits are looks only. I saw the Tuff country lift today, read the instructions, and took a look at the pics. This one relocates the front diff, making the half shaft angle not really severe at all. The kit, to me looks pretty solid. However I still don't like that they dont angle the front of the front cross member to act as a skid instead of a stop. Has anyone used any of the Tuff country products? Any intelligent comments are welcome.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Hummer Professional

raptorman53 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tuff Country 4inch

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16328

I think it looks great. I really wouldn't know what it would do off road though.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron
Old 10-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

I talked to the Rough country people at the Jamboree in Indianapolis a couple of weeks ago. I talked to a new guy that just designed a 6" lift for the FJ. As far as the H3 they are still having problems with the lift. He said there is a annoying squeak when you drive it. He said the kit will not be available for anther 6 months at least. I voiced my displeasure with all the advertising in the mags etc... and that every time I call they say it will be out in couple of months. He said they made a huge mistake and will not release the FJ 6" till it has been tested tried and true. I will have to admit the FJ did look pretty nice.

Last edited by humvee : 10-13-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road

yet another cool product that is on the FJ before the H3.
I hope if we keep asking for the cool stuff, some company will finally figure it out and let us spend our money. I have been drooling over the cool winch bumpers that the Fj has available. I know AMstar has one coming sometime soon, but I don't like the brushguard on it.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 10-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Hummer Expert

humvee. I know that about the Rough country lift. I was wondering about the TuffCountry
Old 10-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

Just trying to help. A lot of people get the two companys confused. I wasn't aware they had a kit available for the H3.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:08 AM
Hummer Expert

Chevy Lift Kits:

Hummer 2006 H3 4" suspension lift kit w/rear leaf springs

View Larger Image

Our Price: $1,599.95

SKU: 140402

Shipping Weight: 125 pounds
Quantity: Average Delivery Time: 5 to 10 business days Note: Shown with optional shock absorbers Options:

Shocks- without shock absorbers -(4)SX8000 Nitro Gas Shocks (add $154.00)(4)SX6000 Hydro Shocks (add $146.00)Boots- select a boot color if ordering shocks -Black shock bootsBlue shock bootsLight blue shock bootsRed shock bootsYellow shocks bootsGray shock bootsDescription:

Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension's Hummer H3 lift kits are more than your average lift kit. All lift kits are engineered to give the highest quality & best value on the market. Compare components of a Tuff Country Hummer H3 lift kit to that of other manufactures and you will be convince that nothing beats a Tuff Country suspension lift kit. Many others cut corners with inferior components or lack of many important pieces. Tuff Country does not cut those corners and provides a quality complete system engineered to give the best ride quality and durability money can buy. All Tuff Country lift kits & leveling kits are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

The Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension engineering team has designed this suspension system around new driver / passenger side steering knuckles and front / rear cross members. These cross members are connected by a heavy duty skid plated designed to protect the front differential and stabilize the cross members. This superiorly designed kit also allows for the torsion bars to remain in the factory location, eliminating relocating of the stock torsion bars. Front sway bar end links use a heim-joint end that eliminates any binding in the front sway bar. Also included are differential relocation brackets, performance bump stops and rear u-bolts.
  • Simple bolt-on installation
  • New knuckles eliminate the need to drop upper control arms
  • Skid plate protects differential and stabilizes cross members
  • Torsion bar remain in stock location
  • Allows use of 35" x 12.5" tires
  • Requires new rims with 4.5" backspacing
Old 10-18-2006, 01:35 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
Chevy Lift Kits:

Hummer 2006 H3 4" suspension lift kit w/rear leaf springs

View Larger Image

Our Price: $1,599.95

SKU: 140402

Shipping Weight: 125 pounds
Quantity: Average Delivery Time: 5 to 10 business days Note: Shown with optional shock absorbers Options:

Shocks- without shock absorbers -(4)SX8000 Nitro Gas Shocks (add $154.00)(4)SX6000 Hydro Shocks (add $146.00)Boots- select a boot color if ordering shocks -Black shock bootsBlue shock bootsLight blue shock bootsRed shock bootsYellow shocks bootsGray shock bootsDescription:

Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension's Hummer H3 lift kits are more than your average lift kit. All lift kits are engineered to give the highest quality & best value on the market. Compare components of a Tuff Country Hummer H3 lift kit to that of other manufactures and you will be convince that nothing beats a Tuff Country suspension lift kit. Many others cut corners with inferior components or lack of many important pieces. Tuff Country does not cut those corners and provides a quality complete system engineered to give the best ride quality and durability money can buy. All Tuff Country lift kits & leveling kits are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

The Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension engineering team has designed this suspension system around new driver / passenger side steering knuckles and front / rear cross members. These cross members are connected by a heavy duty skid plated designed to protect the front differential and stabilize the cross members. This superiorly designed kit also allows for the torsion bars to remain in the factory location, eliminating relocating of the stock torsion bars. Front sway bar end links use a heim-joint end that eliminates any binding in the front sway bar. Also included are differential relocation brackets, performance bump stops and rear u-bolts.
  • Simple bolt-on installation
  • New knuckles eliminate the need to drop upper control arms
  • Skid plate protects differential and stabilizes cross members
  • Torsion bar remain in stock location
  • Allows use of 35" x 12.5" tires
  • Requires new rims with 4.5" backspacing
OK,
But is this a REAL off-road lift or, does the "EZ-Ride" tell the tale!
Translation: Take it EZ or, it will break!

Last edited by jp's-h3 : 10-18-2006 at 02:17 AM.