Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 07-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rory is off the scale

Somehow I stumbled over to www.jeepforum.com and found this thread with over 150 pages concerning this stupid 'H2 Recovery Team' fad. It starts off with everyone buying the stickers that say 'H2 Recovery Team' and then near the end there's some guy in Tyler, Texas saying he saw an H2 at a car lot for sale and that he's going to take it for a 'test drive' to Linsey Park for some pictures and 'wheeling'. There's another guy asking about what he can do to an H2 that he know's of that parks on the street without landing him in jail.

There's far more than what I've mentioned, I didn't have the patience to read all 150+ pages of crap. I just thought I'd bring this to someone's attention because Jeepers putting down the H2 & H1 is one thing, but to then start talking about damaging H2's parked on the street and taking an H2 on a supposed test drive for the purpose of taking pictures and wheeling it is stepping over the line in my book. I would think that if there were such things being discussed on this forum with such seriousnous, that those involved would be banned.

Maybe someone has the patience to read through the entire thread and see what else there is?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=770cbcff5270ac4cf8539b1735f3b350& threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Rory
'94 Hummer
www.roryroberts.com
St. Charles, MO
St. Charles, MO
Old 03-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok... so all of the people that I pulled out during our snowstorm in January have to put on stickers that say:

I GOT SAVED BY AN H2

From now on when I pull someone out I'm going to make it a huge photo-op and then start a "Saved By Hummer" topic. Then we can go around and post links to the topic in all of the smartasses' sites. We'll fix their little red wagons.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:29 PM

jeep is off the scale

i'll put an end to this..........Jeeps are better......there is nothing else to say.....don't respond to this statement because it is a fact.

only in a jeep
Old 11-17-2003, 10:42 PM

jeep is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by Detonate:
It looks like pay back is a bitch. Someone vandilized one of thier jeeps.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=2dcd14d69919a2b048ded916eb67c3a4& threadid=33810&perpage=15&pagenumber=137

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
_Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder_[/Q

that isn't cool, he had nothin to do with it!

only in a jeep
Old 08-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

NEGATE is off the scale

WOW, Ididn't think I was making a statment of my ranking in society, yearly income, driving habbits, and how I felt about the enviorment not to mention how I feel about others. I just thought the H2 looked bitchen. The FACT that it does well off road is a plus.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

I smell a wannabe Jarhead troll!
Old 04-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry Mike, I know.... it's a Toyota!!

I asked my husband what a taco was and at first he said "A vagina" Then I was really confused.

Then when I told him it was on the forum he told me. I'm sorry.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:28 PM

SuperPoser is off the scale

fist off, check out pic's of my Offical Jeep Recovery Vehicle:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95670656XIqZHR
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95670906aVJZwb
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...95671293DChJPI

and also...

no matter what offroad brand you own, there are always jerks who own the same vehicle as you...
I have found from personal experience it's about 25%...
it goes for jeep's, yota's, h2's, s-10's, ranger's (yes even ford owners...lol)...
you get the picture...
there will always be people thinking they have God's gift to offroading, and if you don't have what they have, then you shouldn't be on their trails...

I led a jeep club a few weeks ago, and for a wile, the only 3 rigs who made it up a hill were my runner, a taco with open diffs and 32's, and a sweet locked jeep with 35's...

(after we got the 3 jeeps up who were having trouible a stock jeep with stock tires made it up like nothing...)

very halarious...lol

anyways...
just ignore the jerks, and laugh at them when they get stuck...lol
later,
Mike

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm
Old 12-29-2003, 10:10 PM

OnlyUsedOnce is off the scale

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=9526053822&m=431603697 3
Old 04-13-2005, 11:54 PM

indeed, that durango could run over my taco with room to flex ... lol
Old 07-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

AlamoJim,

I guess you can call me a MallKing. I usually take my H2 to meetings and client luncheons. I'm still a poser sure. I can't talk **** about taking my H2 off-road like I did with my YJ Sahara(Which I beat and rolled to **** non stop for 6 years. Still have it.).

I don't want to go at it alone . I'm trying to persuade SPIDEY to lunch to see if we can get a group started.

So until then, I'll beat the **** out of the YJ and keep the Armour All Tires shining on the H2.

Dennis - Forum big talker

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-29-2003, 12:51 AM

h2? is off the scale

this post hits the nail on the head. for those that wheel, craniac etc etc. good to go. for those that don't, relax. it's ok. you are secure in your image only world. as long as you like who you see in the mirror, thats all that matters. most of the h2 owners i have met are cool. i helped a h2 guy about a month ago. The h2 owners on this board want to flame jeepers for god knows why. the real test of a man is not what he drives or his place in society, it is wether they are down to earth enough to lend a hand to anyone, anywhere, anytime. chew on that. semper fi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brrrrrrrrr:
For the most part, I can't speak for everyone, we'd love to go wheeling with you guys, but I have never seen an H2 offroad and the H2 Owners I have approached about this look at me like I am crazy.

I'm sure some of you do take your H2s offroad, and yes there are jeeps that never go off road, but for something that has been labeled as the ultimate off road machine you'd think more people would be wheeling them .... except the people bought them for the image only.

It's these "image only" people that bother us/me. These are usually the arrogant people that will "drive over curbs to avoid traffic" (quoted items paraphrase things from your album page) and these same people are usually the ones that will argue to no end about how capable their H2 is and how bad a Jeep/chevy/yota is. I myself, don't buy a vehicle for the "looks people give me", or so that I can "pull up next to other vehicles and smile at them". Just as I would laugh at the lack of maturity in these acts should a Jeeper do them I do so towards anyone else, including H2 owners.

I think there are a lot of H2 owners that give those of you that bought the vehicle and really use it, a bad name. Unfortunately there are a lot, a whole lot of people that got their h2s to make a statement ... If you need a vehicle to let the world know who you are then you aren't much of anyone in my book.

I also think a lot of people have problems with seeing how a vehicle that heavy, with the limited articulation that it's IFS has, and large turning radius can go down a trail and not damage it. Having never seen one on the trail I can't comment about this myself, just want to fill you guys in. And I do feel for you on this level coming from owning a large vehicle before my Jeep.

I don't want to get into how/why I think a stock Jeep will out wheel an H2, unless you want to, but remember that a stock jeep costs a lot less than an H2. Consider the Jeep you would be "up against" if I went out and spent as much on it as you folks did for your vehicle alone.

For those that actually do take your H2 off road I commend you, but most people will still think poorly of you because you are trashing a 50 grand vehicle, which to most people makes you look really wasteful .

I invite you to let me know next time any of you want to go in my neck of the woods...

OH, I'd love a link to the H2 wheeling movies you have too.

edit - Oh and I don't remember anyone saying that they were going to actually vandalize any vehicles on that thread. I hope that if they said it it was in Jest, but then again I see some of your members feel quite happy that one of us would have our vehicle vandalized. Like I said, it's these types of people that will give the rest of you a bad rep...

http://www.2bbdelta.org

[This message was edited by brrrrrrrrr on 07-28-03 at 05:05 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 07-30-2003, 02:54 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Many of my friends had Jeeps (back in high school). They are very inexpensive, poorly made vehicles that need a significant amount of money thrown at them to have any off-road ability. But of course, after you make them off-road capable, the little on-road comfort the vehicle had is comletely gone. And now what do you have? You have nothing short of a circus vehicle or should I say something more suited to the Ohio State Fair! Don't get me wrong I am "Buckeye Hummer" so don't think I don't love Ohio. I just haven't gone to the fair in quite some time. About the same amount of time since my friends were driving Jeeps (when they didn't have a choice).

BTW, Brrrr, I am driving a Jeep Cherokee in Cape Cod while I am on vacation. The vehicle is purely junk. I do plan to take it up to Norsette beach, which is about 20 miles in the sand. Lucky for me my good friend will be following in a 4wd silverado to pull me out if/when I get stuck. Remember, this is a stock Jeep that is not ready for the fair yet and certainly not ready for deep sand!
Old 12-30-2003, 05:17 AM

OnlyUsedOnce is off the scale

Guys, sorry if that was cryptic. No, I do not agree with the above quote, which was originally posted by DRTYFN, not me. Paragon, direct your statements to DRTYFN and notice that there were quotations around the original quote in my first post. Quotation marks usually signify that the text within them is a quote. Notice I put a sad face next to the quote, because I did not agree with it. I do agree that it is an ignorant remark. Paragon, don't be so quick to jump on people and attack them. For such a professional, you are quick to insult others - not the kind of guy I would want for my physician or dentist. Naive - of course - I am young, and only know what I have experienced so far, which is not much! I have not "been around the block," but wisdom should come with age and experience, which I, like most people, am slowly gaining as I progress through academia.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

Pinhead is off the scale

Most JEEP owners dislike H2 as much as Sierra club.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:05 PM

nice h2,
on which trail was that photo taken?

have a great weekend,
Mike
Old 03-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

Navigator is off the scale

Buy a Decal

Rich

04 H2 Adventure Series

Mods & Pics

Old 07-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Those guys are a blast! They're just having fun!

Look, if H2 was finacially out of my league, I would be alittle...err..uh..extremely jealous.

When I was younger and in my "have not" stage,
honestly, I was jealous of the upper class. But now I understand why some would pick on people like us.

Outside of the Forum, most of them are probably stand up guys. Reminds me of some of my employees.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-29-2003, 02:18 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Ya know....when we go trolling and hunting for tuna we don't bring our whippy little bass rods and light tackle. And when we are hitting up the kelp paddies for calico's...we leave the heavy stuff at home.

Much like different tackle, the H2 and the Jeep are different vehicles. When our club went to Stoddard Valley and had to work around all those nasty rocks, boulders and tight trails...it was a bitch and we watched smaller vehicles with shorter wheelbases turn circles around us.

However, our last event was a desert run through sand washes, steep hills and long roads where we blasted through at speeds in excess of 60 mph. Trust me when I say a raised, short-wheelbased, SFA vehicle would not have kept up with us...not even close. Not only that....but we were moving 3-4 people per rig and all dressed up with camping gear....no jeep could carry that many people and that much supplies.

Vipers and Vette's scream down the straights, Porsche's carve the twisties....just different vehicles.

"The Ultimate Go Anywhere Vehicle"....it's just a tag-line. Don't believe the hype and don't resent a marketing plan.

It's not what you have in life...it's what you do with it. It really is that simple. I'd help out ANY vehicle I find on the trail, as well as welcome any to join us.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:35 PM

SJ is off the scale

At a time when our roads are filled with imports, here the H2 is about as all-American as vehicles come these days. Yet the very people that should be our 4 x 4 brethren are busy bashing an American truck.

I guess I'm backwards in the 21st Century, as it seems more patriotic to buy a Toyota or Nissan [French owned] these days?

Jeep Facts:

1. The Jeep brand is owned by Daimler-Chrysler, which is considered a GERMAN corporation by most economic standards. Almost all reputable media sources and publications site GERMAN control/ownership of the Jeep brand.

2. Engineering/Design and Product Control rests in the hands of German HQ.

3. The INTELLECTUAL input for producing a car/truck at D-C is increasingly becoming a German affair. For example, the Jeep Liberty and Grand Cherokee will both have more components designed and developed by Mercedes in the coming years. One specific example is the Common Rail Diesel (CRD) powerplant.

4. Jeep may be assembled in the USA with a majority of domestic parts, but the revenue ultimately goes to a German-based entity.

Why do some of the people that claim to be patriotic bash American products, then turn around and support a foreign brand? Truly baffling.

I guess we should have all bought Toyota 4-Runners folks. Let's just kill the American auto industry entirely and then maybe these morons will finally figure out that they support self-destructive behavior.

I sincerely like Jeeps, and I do think the Hummer bashing is isolated to a small percentage of owners. That being said, let's see the full picture and get some Red-blooded American facts straight for the few idiots that condone trashing a Hummer!
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png