H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Traded in my 3, thought you would want to read this...

Your exerience(s) in Durango makes me plan vacation(s) differentley. I love the San Juans and SW Colorado. I guess I wont stay in motel or eat in restaraunts in Durango but camp out north of town.

What do the "tree huggers" think of Jeeps or Toyota Trucks?

What do the "tree-huggers" do for a living in Durango anyway? Kayak and serve coffee to tourists?

Damn I bought the H3 to take trip on now what?

Do I have to rent a Subaru to visit Durango now?

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 04-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Hummer Expert

How's the tree hugger attitude toward H3s in Silverton, Ouray and Telluride?

Isn't Ouray the Jeep Capital of the world?

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 04-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road

NICELY PUT!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzergod
I posted a few things for sale and was asked what direction I was headed with my 3. I posted an honest reply and thought most of you would want to read this. I especially wanted anybody that was thinking of heading here for the Team Hummer event they hold in the fall, to be aware of the problems I've experienced in wonderful Durango, Colorado. It has the potential to ruin a good vacation. I plan on moving from here and another Hummer should be in the cards, especially if they produce the open top they displayed at the auto shows this year. Peace.

From my original post;
Sad to say my 3 is gone. I bought it for my wife as a replacement for her Suburban and the interior room has always been an issue with her. I bought it for her with all of the hoopla that women love to have in a vehicle. Power everything, leather, sunroof, etc. I would have loved throwing a lift and 35's and used it as my daily driver but...

Here in wonderful Durango, Colorado where liberal greenies are like weeds, we have had the 3 attacked on several occasions with people sticking liberal decals on it, spitting on it, flipping us off or yelling obscenities at us, and the straw that broke the camels back was a guy literally leaning out of his Subaru (complete with bike on top) and pointing his finger at her like it was a gun and shooting at her as she drove by him on her way home from work one day. He then followed up with a finger as he laughed and drove off. I felt that it was just a matter of time before I was dishing out some insurance deductible for slashed tires, a keyed paint job, or broken windows. There have been numerous attacks on Hummers in and around Durango. Last fall a guy was arrested for slashing all 4 tires on a H1 Alpha. This guy was mid 50's and was drunk. He stated his hatred for all things Hummer and was caught because hotel staff observed him slashing tires 3 & 4. Seems he would slash one, go back to his room, drink some more, and then go back and slash another tire one at a time. Moron. The newspaper has also reprted somebody that enjoys keying Hummers. I can not stress how one of us would go to jail and the other to the hospital if I caught this assclown keying anybody's Hummer! Yes, I have almost gotten into a couple of fights over my vehicle choice. These idiots believe that because I drive a H3, that I am to blame for the war in Iraq. What would you do if some hippie scuzball got into your face as you and your wife got out of your vehicle to go for a nice dinner?

I already have a J**p that I use as an offroad toy only and a nice truck so I felt it was time to trade in the 3 and get her something else new and nice. I have access to the GM family discount and my family has bought from the same dealer for the past decade so I traded it in for a new Silverado crew cab 4x4. It will be less conspicuous in this area as trucks are about 40% of the vehicles driven around here and the liberal pansies hopefully won't mess with it. Funny but the 5.3L V8 in the Silverado gets better mileage and has a ton more power than the I5 in the 3. Why the hell GM won't ante up for the H3 across the board (as in all models, not just a Lux'ed out Alpha) is beyond me!

For those interested, the trade in value for my loaded 3 with almost 20,000 miles on the odometer and with the Lux and Adventure package was $25,500. Sticker was a hair under $42k and with the GM discount I paid a little over $32. So it cost me $7000 to drive it the past year and a half. In addition to the Adventure & Lux packages, it came with crome side steps, the crome accessory package (door handles, gas cover, etc.) and a brush guard. I will say that we are a lot happier traveling long distances in the 4 door truck as there is an incredible amount of room inside as compared to the 3. It is faster, can tow more, is more fuel efficient, and bigger. I hauled out my trailer with a couple of ATV's out with the 3 and back with the Silverado and guess the weight to be right around 2200 lbs. The difference was incredible, both in milage and performance. Since this vehicle will be used as my wifes' daily driver and for family vacation trips, I feel I made the right choice. I know it is apples to oranges and the some of you will say I threw in the towel. To that I'll admit that I did but believe me when I say I would have lost my job for bashing in some assclowns' skull, that it was a decision I made for my family that I'll stick by. I won't miss what and absolute beotch it was to keep clean living on dirt country roads, especially in and around the rear door area! I will miss the 4:1 transfer case and the push button locker, but am hopeful that I'll be able to pick up a high milage used Adventure package within a few years to have as an offroad toy. GM really needs to get their head out of their ass and market the 3 to the offroad community like (dare I say it?) Toyota has with their FJ. Having wheeled in both, the H3 is far superior yet the aftermarket doesn't even know it exists. But, until the price on used ones comes down more, I'll stick with my J**p. I can buy a locked & loaded J**p for a third of the price of a 3 and they are the bell of the aftermarket's ball.

I can only hope that the Hummer team wins the Dakar and that the press starts to gush all over the 3 like they do the FJ. Until then, it will continue to be the modern day Edsel.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

graydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage
Sorry to hear Dorango is such a ignorant location. This skewed attitude is a sign of the unfortunate time we live in. Family take priority over wheels certainly. Wait for GM to wake up and get the overdrive gearing. Then come back.
Or GM could wait on you to wake up......AND UNDERSTAND THAT H3S DO HAVE OVERDRIVE!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Steve - SanJose

What's the deal with overdrive gearing? (which all H3's have)
Old 04-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

yzergod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dan
Your exerience(s) in Durango makes me plan vacation(s) differentley. I love the San Juans and SW Colorado. I guess I wont stay in motel or eat in restaraunts in Durango but camp out north of town.

What do the "tree huggers" think of Jeeps or Toyota Trucks?

What do the "tree-huggers" do for a living in Durango anyway? Kayak and serve coffee to tourists?

Damn I bought the H3 to take trip on now what?

Do I have to rent a Subaru to visit Durango now?

If it was me personally, I'd stay in Silverton, Telluride, or Ouray anyway as they are more the Colorado Mountain experience. I have not heard of any of these problems in those towns. Jeeps and Toyotas are dime a dozen. The tree huggers all are freeloading off the state for their food, clothing, electric, etc. and are as organized as a high end terrorist group. They recruit more hippies each year and teach them how to milk the system. They don't work and most attend Ft. Lewis College for peanuts. Because of the old greenies that run the city and county, it is quite easy for young hippies to live and breed here for free.

Bring your Hummer, just be wary of where you park it.
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."

Last edited by yzergod : 04-20-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Hummer Expert

Thanks yzergod

Ive been going there all my life and never dreamed of a back lash against me because I had an H3 or any particular car. Previous trips were in Jeeps though.

Maybe you can start a B&B for Hummer owners?

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 04-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dave LV is off the scale

We were in Telluride last July 4th and were the only H3 in town. Did not feel comfortable as it stuck out like a sore thumb compared to all of the Subarus and bicycles in town.

BTW, was eating in a restaurant here in Las Vegas, and noticed a tree hugger couple looking at us like die die die. When we left, within half a mile the low tire pressure alarm came on. Turned out that the right rear valve stem was loose. Gee, I wonder how that happened...and on the right rear??? Seems they really did want us dead.

H3's need to have a self-defense system it seems.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:56 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry you had to trade in the H3, but can understand why - got to keep the family safe.

Hope it all works out.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

lvs is off the scale

I mentioned I was coordinating an off-road event for our local Hummer Club. We are staying in Ouray at the Hot Springs Inn. The owner has a new H3, so it should be a Hummer friendly place to stay.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a better idea, how 'bout organizing a Hummer gathering where the hippies live?
Old 04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Hummer Novice

djallar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzergod
Because of the old greenies that run the city and county, it is quite easy for young hippies to live and breed here for free.

"I don't care who you are, that's funny!"

Dave
Old 04-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Hummer Novice

2luke2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
I've got a better idea, how 'bout organizing a Hummer gathering where the hippies live?

I'd drive all the way from Florida for that one.... I hate jackasses...
Old 04-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

Groundpounder is on a distinguished road

I feel the pain. I had a kid hold up the line when the light changed green last week, so I tapped my 115 db horn. He moved and waved at me with one finger. He was driving a small vehicle, so when I caught up to him in traffic, I got close so he could look at my grill real good. I saw him change his outside mirror so he could see me better. I just sat in my H3 wearing my Hummer H3 hat, my non-see-thru Okley sunglasses and with no facial expression. I even pulled up some more to let him have a better look at my grill, as I removed my police badge from my belt, in anticipation of badging him. My thoughts were, "Go ahead, make my day. Show me one finger again and we will have a serious roadside talk." He lucked out because the traffic began to move and he made the red light. I figured I had made my statement and there was no need for me to run a light to prove a point. I believe in getting the other person mad. When they do they can not think or react straight and I have the advantage. Another case solved Dan-O.
2006 Slate Blue Metallic H3, FlowMaster exhaust, True Flow cold air intake system, Ground Force rear lowering kit, custom locking fuel door, chrome hood grill w/handle, US Speedo gauge kit (chrome and red numbers), Custom rear tire cover, chrome tail light guard, custom paint on skid plate, new pin stripping, USMC front license plate. Semper Fi
Old 04-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Take care groundpounder, it could get you shot. Had a local CHP guy here with a little too much "presence". His killer is now free as a bird. We're friends with his widow, it just isn't right. Right don't mean bulletproof.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:35 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

will be in a hippy area 5/4-5/6 with the Hummer club.
SEDONA
lots of artsy fartsy hippies
Old 04-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62

Yea!! And bring your train horns and video camera's...Wait a sec...I have a brilliant friggin idea!!!!!!!!!! Everyone go out and get a really loud train horn installed and what I'll do is get a web site designed and we'll call it Horn-A-Hippie! All you need to do is find a toad licker, sneak up on em and then blast the horn!! make sure you get that on tape and we'll post it on the website!!! I'm open to any other names you want too call it!! What do you think?

Old 04-21-2007, 05:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

lamric is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDimitri
Yea!! And bring your train horns and video camera's...Wait a sec...I have a brilliant friggin idea!!!!!!!!!! Everyone go out and get a really loud train horn installed and what I'll do is get a web site designed and we'll call it Horn-A-Hippie! All you need to do is find a toad licker, sneak up on em and then blast the horn!! make sure you get that on tape and we'll post it on the website!!! I'm open to any other names you want too call it!! What do you think?

http://www.hornblasters.com/
Old 04-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDimitri

Strange that you should bring that up. At a yard sale in Newport Oregon this last summer, I bought a monstrous set of reconditioned airhorns from a ship!!!! I bought 'em to warn idiots of our no wake zone (my neighbors use the freon horns, just wait until I rig this sucker up!) on our stretch of the river.

Maybe I'll get them on the Hummer somehow! I'm serious, the diaphram's on the things are big sheets of copper! I can't wait to hear 'em.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

KS Trekker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Aficionado_VT
I HATE SUBARU'S WITH A FIERY PASSION!!They seem to be the state car of VT (probably due to AWD), yet they aren't efficient at all, and hippies who drive 'em hate SUVs!! WTF?!?!

I couldn't agree more! I do my part to educate people around me and remove the liberal bias against Hummers. I take my co-workers to lunch all the time in my Hummer H3 and now they think it's awesome. I'm even planning an off-road trip with my co-workers, most of which have never been off-roading in their life. The best thing we can do as Hummer owners is be responsible, law-abiding, and try to educate the poor liberal b@stards that want to ban SUVs. Isn't it funny how the very culture that preaches tolerance towards all viewpoints is violently intolerant of anyone that chooses to drive a real Sport Utility Vehicle.