H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-25-2005, 04:07 PM

NorCal_H3 is off the scale

Hi all!

Coming from Land Rover crowd I did my share of trash talking about HUMMERs, but that changed with H3. My wife needs an AWD for winter driving and she talked me into getting one! We are picking it up this upcoming Tuesday. Not sure about the color yet, but we'll be getting an auto with Lux pack, hopefully with an Adventure pack, if we can find one that has both.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>I'm paying $300 over invoice... anyone did much better that that?<LI>Any advice about what extras/accessories I should consider purchasing while we are at the dealer?<LI>We'll probably change to new wheels/tires later on... does Adventure pack have different suspension, and if it does... does it provide more clearance?[/list]
Anyways, I'll post some pics and some off-road feedback/comparison to my D2 when I get a chance.

p.s. I still think H2 is a pile

Old 09-25-2005, 04:07 PM

Hi all!

Coming from Land Rover crowd I did my share of trash talking about HUMMERs, but that changed with H3. My wife needs an AWD for winter driving and she talked me into getting one! We are picking it up this upcoming Tuesday. Not sure about the color yet, but we'll be getting an auto with Lux pack, hopefully with an Adventure pack, if we can find one that has both.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>I'm paying $300 over invoice... anyone did much better that that?<LI>Any advice about what extras/accessories I should consider purchasing while we are at the dealer?<LI>We'll probably change to new wheels/tires later on... does Adventure pack have different suspension, and if it does... does it provide more clearance?[/list]
Anyways, I'll post some pics and some off-road feedback/comparison to my D2 when I get a chance.

p.s. I still think H2 is a pile

Old 09-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

The Adventure package does have a different suspension and gear ratio + more clearance and bigger tires. The tires are a lot better also and they alone are worth the extra money.

As far as accessories go it depends on what you will use your truck for, I recommend the cargo net and screen for the city and undercarrage rocker bars for off-roading.

Check out my link for more details on accessories.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:56 PM

trading13 is off the scale

Hey Norcal

Ummm yeah you can do better than 300 over I'm paying almost 4k under for the lux with offroad, manual and sunroof. You can do a search here and find a link (for a forum on edmunds I think), to request a GMID cert. Or ask real nice and you might find someone here willing to share. Of coarse if they have an H2 you might wanna throw in a pretty please
Old 09-25-2005, 05:21 PM

Thanks 13! Let me get this straight... are you saying that you can purchase an H3 for $4K under invoice or under MSRP? Because if that's true ($4K under invoce), it would mean that a truck with MSRP of, say, $36.5K, would be about $34K invoice... and you could get if for $30K??? That doesn't sound right... Can you clarify please? The couple of trucks we looked at had MSRP of roughly $37K, and we'd be able to get them for about $34.5K ( making them about $2.4K under MSRP / $300 over invoice).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trading13:
Hey Norcal

Ummm yeah you can do better than 300 over I'm paying almost 4k under for the lux with offroad, manual and sunroof. You can do a search here and find a link (for a forum on edmunds I think), to request a GMID cert. Or ask real nice and you might find someone here willing to share. Of coarse if they have an H2 you might wanna throw in a pretty please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

well, if you can get a GMID discount, you can take about 3K to 4K off the MSRP sticker price.

36.5K - 4K = 32.5K Damn, I thought Land Rover owners were smarter than that.

If you are going to do any type of offroading (looks like you do) get the off road susp. package. You will not get the rear locker with just a LUX package. Also, the gearing/ susp. is uprgaded over the LUX.

Although, you may not want to gett the Lux/ Off Raod susp. package combo. You'll be very disapointed when your wife's rig outwheels yours.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:33 PM

LOL, truth is H3 will be a mall cruiser, but it will see lots of snow in CA/NV a 2-3 times a week during winter season. I want the Adventure pack just for the locking rear diff, so we'll see what happens. I doubt it'll ever outwheel my D2 since it has numerous off-road goodies, but that's yet to be seen

The price is what I thought then, so it's all good. It just seemed as if he was saying $4K off the dealer invoice, not MSRP. Anyways, thanks for your answers guys.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:57 PM

Hehe sorry I misread your 300 over invoice as over MSRP. MSRP for mine was 36500ish and I'm paying less than 32500 so 4K under MSRP with GMID. So yes you can still do better than that but not 4k under invoice. BTW there are girls on this forum too ;p
Old 09-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NorCal_H3:
<span class="ev_code_RED">A comparison of off-roading abilities from a Disco owner? LOL!!! What are you going to do- run it over that little girlie bump? </span>
p.s. I still think H2 is a pile <span class="ev_code_RED"> Even with the winky, you've just signed your attention contract with me. </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Even with the winky, you've just signed your attention contract with me. [/color] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>[/quote]

ATTENTION CONTRACT DEFINED:

A unknowingly verbal contract that states you will be hunted down throughout your future posts due to a past opinion that has no validity what-so-ever... over and over and over again.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NorCal_H3:
I doubt it'll ever outwheel my D2 since it has numerous off-road goodies, but that's yet to be seen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can cover a piece of SH1T with chocolate.

Looks pretty on the outside, but your D2 is still a piece of SH1T. <Disregard wink.

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-26-2005, 01:43 AM

A bit sensitive now, aren't we? I've wheeled with HUMMERS, Jeeps, and plenty of other trucks and met all kinds of nice people on either side, so yeah, there's some validity to my opinions. The way D2 is set up right now I can easily hang with herd of lightly lifted Rubicons with 33s... can you? Right Anyways, didn't mean to stir **** up, so save your breath: little trash talking can't hurt biiig baaad H2, can it... besides I thought this was an H3 discussion section?!?!?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the H3 family. As far as the reaction you got from the H2 crowd, you should have expected it with a comment like that even with the wink. You are correct, this is the H3 section but it is on a Hummer forum and users are not restricted to one section or another. Can an H2 hang with a herd of lightly lifted Rubicons? Why yes it can depending on the trail. Can an Rubi stick with an H2 on every trail, no it can't. Now if you want to compare these vehicle, do it with all stock or all vehicles modified. I have seen some slightly modified H2s do some things that a stock Rubi could only dream of. Does that make it a good comparison? I am sure everyone would appreciate it if you backed up your statements with some pics of the D2 doing something the H2 can't. My Mountaineer could do what your D2 is doing in the pic you posted. Anyway, as I said before, welcome to the H3 family.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-26-2005, 12:22 PM

The pic was just for show, you can do that in a Honda, lol. Can't win this contest on a HUMMER forum, so it's all good. I'm sure I'll get flamed on the DiscoWeb forum as soon as I posts pics of the new H3, so we'll break even

1 day left... I'm starting to get excited!

(edit: Sean, if you are reading this... don't hate me because my truck is beautiful!!!)
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Hummer Guru

I agree, a Honda could do that Nope, not going to win here but you should go out wheeling with some of the members here to see what an H2 can really do before judging it. Hopefully you won't get flamed on the DiscoWeb for getting the H3. Blind brand loyalty really sucks when you can't appreciate what another vehicle can do. Hummers get that ALL THE TIME from Jeep owners. There have been a few that changed their tone about the H2 after actually wheeling with one that had a driver the knew what he was doing. Hopefully the wife will let you go out and wheel the H3 sometime so you can see what it can do.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:16 PM

I dunno NorCal, the H2 is parked a little better in that pic. The winkies are in serious danger of becoming cliche on this thread I think. Anyway enjoy your new H3.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

what are you talkin about

(sorry...my smart a#$ moment of the day)
Old 09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIHUMMER:
(sorry...my smart a#$ moment of the day) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You only get one a day? I try to get at least 5 a day.

Oops, there I go with the again.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

that was my smart ass moment...not my bitch moment! Those are unlimited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!