H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

you guys have to realize that i am venting. i love my H3 and i don't care about squeaks and sh!t. in fact, i don't actually have any weird squeaks!!!

that said, there seems to be a lot of problems with this new model and i guess that's because its the 1st model year. even so, its really annoying.

the bottom-line is that a REAL GERMAN car like BMW is so much better with regards to quality control. americans friggin use cheap sh!t and throw the vehicle together...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

it is unacceptable to have this many problems in such a short time period.

yes, BMWs have problems but american cars are more prone to this crap.

...and most VWs are not german, they're mexican
Old 09-17-2005, 09:48 AM

Thai is off the scale

Bender, if it makes you feel any better...my new '05 Corolla LE has a few rattles/buzzes. There are uneven panel gaps. This is very surprising in a historically rock-solid car. I am just hoping that the mechanical aspects are better built.

Good luck with your H3.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:54 AM

Surferjo is off the scale

H3Lady is that you?
Old 09-17-2005, 11:04 AM

Georgemarc is off the scale

LMAO Surferjo, an unpleasant blast from the past
Old 09-17-2005, 11:55 AM

Game Over is off the scale

I'm in Germany w/ BMW, Benz, Volvo dealerships right otuside where I live, literally, I've read problems posted about the H3 and I still ordered one I want one "Like Nothing Else" I guess
Some of you might say German SUVs are more expensive, well let me tell you being in the military, with what I paid for the H3 I could have bought an X5 as well 'coz they're like 6K less compared to US prices and no taxes
Old 09-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

GotSandH3 is off the scale

Im a Automotive technician for Mercedes-Benz here in california and I can assure you that the H3 has no problems that can compare with what the Germans have. Mercedes-Benz also have same problems with the Tire Pressure Control system. And if you wanna talk about noises, then get a Benz thats a Convert.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

OK all, almost 23,000 miles and driving in all kinds of conditions and not one minor problem to speak of. If I power wash the undercarriage and behind the wheels I sometimes get a mystery message that goes away after it dries, but that's it. I've been in 4 X 4s my whole life, and nothing compares to the H3 for quietness, economy, handling and go-anywherness.
A lot of the complaints I hear are from car people and it seems diehard truck people just love these machines and recognize they are not luxury cars. I haven't felt the pedal vibration, no strange noises, no water leaks, and everything works perfectly, even after I've given the H3 a thrashing in the woods. I couldn't stand the crease in my front skid plate from my adventures, so I replaced it when I replaced the lens cover on the headlight.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

Bender,

I am an owner of both and my wife drives the same BMW that you got rid of. Do any of these things ring a bell with the BMW?

Interior Window trim
Front Control Arms
Control Arm bushings
Rear Shock Mounts
Sunroof Slide mechanism

Just to name a few...
Please don't sing the holy praises of German engineering here. I have a love for both vehicles and I feel that if you are LOOKING for problems and complaints, you will find them on ANY vehicle you ever own.

Now, go get muddy!
Old 09-18-2005, 05:53 PM

MyxH3 is off the scale

No problems here either Except I sheered off a Skid plate bolt but think that was my own faught. I have put mine through more in the last month than most will do their whole time they own a H3. No rattles no vibration, nothing it is performing awesome so far.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

Crisco is off the scale

I'll have to join the masses here. I have a couple thousand miles on mine and the only complaint I can can come up with, is that the e-brake pedal is in my way. No shakes, rattles or rolls.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:53 PM

NorCal_H3 is off the scale

LOL, funny reading this... try owning a Land Rover. Just in the last 6 month I had warranty work done on the following:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>New 3rd member<LI>Transfer box completely resealed 2 times<LI>New rusted front rotors<LI>Replaced ABS sensors 2 times<LI>Repaired leaking hub<LI>...the list goes on...[/list]
I'm kind of "used to it" now. Two of my previous Lexus vehicles (RX300 and IS300) were 100% trouble free
Old 09-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NorCal_H3:
LOL, funny reading this... try owning a Land Rover. Just in the last 6 month I had warranty work done on the following:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>New 3rd member<LI>Transfer box completely resealed 2 times<LI>New rusted front rotors<LI>Replaced ABS sensors 2 times<LI>Repaired leaking hub<LI>...the list goes on...[/list]
I'm kind of "used to it" now. Two of my previous Lexus vehicles (RX300 and IS300) were 100% trouble free </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why they call Land Rover "The English Patient"

Old 09-26-2005, 04:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

CUZICAN is off the scale

Only problem I had with mine was a vibration in the roof when the sunroof was open. Dropped it off and the dealer had it back the same day.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:18 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

Bender,

Sorry to hear. But have you seen the latest Consumer Report on the BMW 745? It's got the worst reliability rating in it's group. I had a new 2001 BMW 740i Sport. No rattles but the dash lights flickered and the suspension made noises. Even after 4 visits to BMW of Bellevue they couldn't fix it. In 1995 my Mercedes E320 wagon had a B-Pillar rattle that they couldn't fix. the list goes on and on.

However, my past two H2 have been extremely reliable, so is my current Yukon and so far, the wife's H3. Even my Toyota Landcruiser had a rattle underneath the dash that Toyota could not find or fix.

In fact, ONLY the GM techs have been able to find the rattles and fix them.

Sorry about your troubles but NO car is without problems. I paid cash for my 2001 BMW 740i and it was the last of it's model year. After the radiator blew (after 30K miles) I got rid of the piece of junk!
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)