H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 09-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Hummer Novice

thatchman1 is on a distinguished road
Smile OEM Navi Radio & Adding XM

Good evening all,

I've been lurking for a while, but just joined up today. I traded my 05 Nissan Altima SE-R for an 06 H3 around a month ago. I have the factory navigation radio, and was wanting to add on factory XM if that's possible. I had factory XM in the last vehicle and got hooked. I looked for this info on the net and here, but didn't find an answer.

I've read some sites saying some GM radios in H3 require an add on module as well as the XM receiver. Some require the receiver only. I see lots of people here have after market units.

Some other specific questions I had-- Is the navi radio XM ready? Does the Onstar antenna function as the XM antenna if I don't want another, ie. prewired, etc.?

I bought a mini XM and FM Mod for the time being, and a funny thing... it actually sounds better than the integrated XM on the Bose in the Nissan....

Anway.... Its great to be with a new group of people who seem to be a lot less about drama than the folks over at altimas.net... a daily soap opera over there..... If i'm gunshy on posts here.. you know why

Here's my H3:

I got a great deal with all the current discounts, supplier discount, and in the end my auto insurance actually went down......

I've been very happy with the H3 so far. It has 40HP less than my last car, but seriously, people just get the F out of the way when I'm driving the H3... a pleasant surprise! It deals better with the 8" curbs, brick roads and nasty road to road banks that aren't friendly to anything less than 12" off the ground in my town founded around 1770.

And the car I got rid of. More of a mindstate change than anything.

Thanks for any info/references/threads/replies on the XM add for the OEM Navi question.

Scott
Old 09-02-2006, 02:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2ummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OEM Navi Radio & Adding XM

I think you should be fine. You should be able to just buy the module and add it. I added one to my 03 H2. On my H2 I had to add an antenna but that was before they went to the integrated antennas.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Hummer Novice

Default Re: OEM Navi Radio & Adding XM

I ended up going Sirius. I don't have a huge preference... and I went with what I was able to purchase today.

I didn't have the XM in there before, so I'm not sure if my antenna was one that would work with this. Somewhere I read that someone who put on Sirius just had to remove a plastic piece around the cable and it fit in the Sirius jack. I'm not even sure which cable... I need to hunt down some pix.

For the mean time I put the mini antenna up on the top just outside the back door. Not viewable unless ya jump up on the back.

So far so good..........
Old 09-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Hummer Novice

Default XM OEM Antenna pic

If anyone can lead me to or post a pic of what the OEM XM antenna hook up would look like, I'd appreciate it. I didn't have factory XM so I wasn't able to just disconnect and know which was what. I ordered the XM to sirius converter for the antenna, though I read somewhere you could just take some plastic off the OEM connector and it would work.