H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3Eric is off the scale

Hi, does anybody know if the speakers in the H3 adventure with the base radio are the same as in the one with the moonsoon system. I know I miss the base speakers and the amp in the back but what about the rest of the 6 speakers.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

TheArchiTexan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by H3Eric:
Hi, does anybody know if the speakers in the H3 adventure with the base radio are the same as in the one with the moonsoon system. I know I miss the base speakers and the amp in the back but what about the rest of the 6 speakers.
not the same, but thats a good thing..your speakers should never blow and you can use another head unit without shiat f'in up and draining more power on one speaker.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3Eric is off the scale

Thanks for the update. Does anyone know the specs of the factory base speaker set. I saw other threads on this but no real answer yet.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by H3Eric:
Thanks for the update. Does anyone know the specs of the factory base speaker set. I saw other threads on this but no real answer yet.

Stronger speaker with a larger magnet to handle the extra power.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:47 AM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

The base stereo speakers have a stronger magnet then the monsoon system's speakers?

What is the size diameter of the front and rear door speakers on the base system does anyone know?

F5FSTOP? I bet you know...

Thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3Eric is off the scale

UNOMYFLO, did you ever get your stock to moonsoon replacement to work. I saw a lot of replies on this but never the final outcome. I'm curious because I may do the same.

Thanks,
Old 11-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by UNOMYFLO:
The base stereo speakers have a stronger magnet then the monsoon system's speakers?

What is the size diameter of the front and rear door speakers on the base system does anyone know?

F5FSTOP? I bet you know...

Thanks

Sorry, Monsoon speakers are the larger ones. No idea on diameter of the speakers.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:54 PM

Here is what I did.

I intalled the mosoon 6 disc head (easy install).

I was originally told it was plug and play..it is not. had the dealer re-program the radio for me for 35 bucks.

Onceinstalled I lost 50% of my volume, the monsoon head has minimal power and is designed to work with the monsoon amp. The stock head single disk has alot more bilt-in power. I have since scored an infinity 4x100w channel reference amp and new set of referece 6.5 component speakers for the front doors and tweets and scored a set of 6.5 reference coaxials for the rear doors.
I also purchased an infinity Bassink T, 2 10" passive radiators and 1 10" sub in a trick self powered encloure to go behid the rear fold down seats...it was designed for a single cab truck to go behind the bench seat but I did the measuring and it fits the back of the H3 perfectlly width wise and the deph is 7" tapered to like 4" on the top, so you really wont loose that much space, plus i fits under the sun shade. Got all of these parts off ebay for 700 total cost shipped from various sellers all new in original boxes with receipts ...It should rock now for sure.....all I have to do now is the install....

UNOMYFLO
Old 11-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3Eric is off the scale

Sounds like the system produce excellent sound. Did (or will you) you pull new wires from the speakers to the back or did you use the Line Output Converters?
Old 11-24-2005, 12:15 AM

I got a LOC4.4 basicaly you cut 4 wires in the back of the head unit molex which I am not thriled about but am prepared to do.

The left and righ front and rear speaker leads. they get tied into the input into the LOC then you run the 2 sets of rca's to the 4 channel amp then run 4 speaker leads from the amp back to behind the dash/radio and tie them back in to the leads running to the speakers.

so all I will run to the back is the pwer and remote turn on and the 2 rca's and then the seaker leads need to run back to the head from the amp (the radio on lead into the head will be used for the amp turn on and I will just tie in a wire not cut it because the head still needs to be powered up also, I will just pull back the wire casing a bit and wrap the single wire around it solder it and run it to the back. I plan on using a piece of mdf and making an amp rack under the drivers rear quarter panel plastic (where the monsoon equipped amps are) remember I have the base radio system), I will burry it there but leave off the panel until I have the amp dialed in. I was going to put it under the drivers seat but the amp turned out to be larger than I thought or should I say the area under the H3 seat isnt that big. PLus I want it all stealth..

Hope this helps you
Old 11-24-2005, 01:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3Eric is off the scale

Thanks that helps a lot. Are the small speakers in the pilars than automatically connected as well? Do you know which wires to cut?

Regards,
Eric
Old 11-24-2005, 01:57 AM

Eric on the stock system the tweeters in the a pillars ar connected to the door speaker wires.

In my situation I have the infinity 6.5 door speakers to replace the stock ones and the set comes with a set of 1" tweeters.

The set also comes with a passive crossover. So wht I will do it run the front speaker wires from the new amp I have into the passive crossovers from the crosovers there are 2 outputs 1 set of speaker leads goes from the corssover to the tweets and the other to the door speakers (remember i am replacing them also.

I have the wiring schematic for the truck and have already figured out which wires to cut on the back of the head. you need to grab the radio on lead to power the amp on when the head is turned on and I also know which wires to cut for the front left and right door speakers and the rear left and right.

email me at mikepmorgan2adelphia.net and I can send you the .pdf file and the word doc I have an I can walk you through it..ok?

Thanks man
Take Care Mike
Old 11-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

kram is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm trying to upgrade my son's Stero system, he likes base. The monsoon system just will not hold up the todays base........ lol, kids. Anyway, I built a sub box that fits snug against the back seat and is only 9" deep (truncated pyramid shape), with two JL Audio W7 series subs. What I need to know is will the Infinity KAPPA Perfect 6.1 fit in the front door and tweeter locations without any mods.
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2005, 03:13 AM

Yea they will but remember they take a LOT of poer to run in fact the 100x4 infinity amp wont even drive them properly w/o clipping and going into protection. I was going to go with them them opted for the reference series after some research. I am almost 40 so I wanted clean powerful sound but nothing rediculous.

I think those perfects want to see a minimum of 150watts they can handle 400 I believe too much for my blood and the amp that would be needed to run them and 2 others would be huge...

UNO
Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

im too busy to look in to all the details but remember:
MONSOON speakers have a 2 ohm, therefore switchin them with aftermarket is ineffective without changin every speaker and amp.

It will drain the power to the other speakers. If you want a better system than the monsoon, your better off changin all the speakers and the amp. Its worth the hassle than buyin monsoon speakers when **** blows. The monsoon speakers are handled very poorly for there power. For having that much power on a speaker they shouldn't have made them paper. If you listen to music somewhat loudly, they will blow. The base speakers are the way to go if your looking to upgrade a system.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

kram is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, we ordered my son's vehicle and ordered the "base" stero system, because EVERYTHING has to go(head unit excluded, I like the stock factory look, but to blow your socks off when you crank it up)!!! The monsoon sounds ok, but about two weeks of running them and they will be blown..... been there, done that. I am planning on installing the two JL W7 series subs in the back, butted against the seat(flat face only looses about 8" of cargo room). I have the JL Audio 500/1 amp to run those bad boys. The the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components(just ordered) in the front doors and Infinity KAPPA 6.5" in the back doors run off of a Rockford Fosgate amp. After all is said and done, it won't cost much more than the Monsoon system, but as with all factory speakers systems, it will be "LIKE NOTHING ELSE"(to coin a phrase).
Old 11-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Hummer Guru

I know a lot of people who have had, or currently have Monsoon systems; I'm one, and after a few months, no blown speakers. And I have been known to play it loud when on the way to work.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:04 PM

I put the monsoon 6 disc head in 2 weeks ago and with the xm radio havent put in regular cd's last week I put an over the counter cd in and no problem. This morning I loaded 3 home made cd's. the first 2 went in fine the 3rd put me in a world of hurt. It first said check cd then I wenty to eject it and it wont, then it said initailizing. Now it wont do a thing with the cd's at all. I can play xm and am and fm no problem I hit the eject button and it wont spit the 4ht cd out and no on the uper left of the display it shows 4 cd;s loaded and the 4 cd icon had a flashing line under it. and the led next to the cd slot is red....ughhhhhhh

What do I need to do to get this cd out??

The dealer is 2 hrs away from me.....

I cant even remove th 6 disc now as the monsoon has been programed to my H3 ad my old deck wont be recognized now......In the manual it shows the posible problems when the screen reads check cd....scratched disc..not on my discs, radio to hot...nope,....rough road...nope...cd upside down...no, improper cd format perhaps but the other 2 I burnt went in and played initally....plus it wont come out of the deck,,

I need help here...

Thanks Mike
Old 11-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by f5fstop:
I know a lot of people who have had, or currently have Monsoon systems; I'm one, and after a few months, no blown speakers. And I have been known to play it loud when on the way to work.
within a year or so you will see..when i got mine i was like "whats the big deal, soounds good" Then one day BOOM! and from then on ive been like this about monsoon system:
Old 11-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by TheArchiTexan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
within a year or so you will see..when i got mine i was like "whats the big deal, soounds good" Then one day BOOM! and from then on ive been like this about monsoon system: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I know people who have had a Monsoon for years, in their pontiacs, and no problem with speakers. Some are a lot younger and listen to the heavy bass RAP stuff too.
Any speaker, on any system, no matter how good can go bad. But to say they will all go bad needs something other than one person's experience.

Just my opinion.

MIKE: You will have to go to the dealer and have them remove the radio, and send out for repairs.

However, the repair facility will attempt to get your CDs out and return to the dealer.

Here is a bulletin you can use to refresh the dealer's memory.

Warranty Admin. - Return or Reimbursement of Customer Owned CDs, DVDs, Cassette Tapes and/or CD Magazines #05-08-44-024 - (Jul 29, 2005)
Return or Reimbursement of Customer Owned CDs, DVDs, Cassette Tapes and/or CD Magazines
2006 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Trucks

2006 and Prior HUMMER H2

2006 HUMMER H3

2006 and Prior Saturn Vehicles (Canada Only)

2006 and Prior Saab Vehicles (Canada Only)

Service and Parts Managers

Effective July 1, 2005, the Electronic Service Centers (ESCs) will attempt to retrieve and return customer owned CDs, DVDs, cassette tapes, and CD magazines stuck, jammed, or damaged in a defective unit sent to an ESC. If upon waiting a reasonable time, and the personal property has not been returned, the dealer may reimburse the customer for the cost of the personal property. Reimbursement may also be made if the personal property is returned damaged.

Dealer Actions Required

• Notify the ESC at time of order that the unit being sent in contains stuck/jammed personal property.

• Provide the ESC with the customer's name, address, and description of the personal property.

• Advise the customer that all efforts will be made to return the personal property. If the personal property is not received in a reasonable time, advise the customer to contact the dealership for reimbursement.

• To process a reimbursement, obtain reasonable documentation from the customer regarding the item's current value. This may consist of a receipt or estimate from a reputable source. Reimburse the customer the agreed upon value. Submit a claim via the WINS system using the following information:

- Labor Operation -- Z1241

- Parts -- $0.00

- Regular Hours -- 0.2 hr

- Other Hours -- 0.0 hr

- Net Item -- Actual value of lost or damaged personal property

- Claim Type -- None