H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-03-2002, 12:35 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

at a very fair price.

I have been given the opportunity to acquire 2 H2s, both used, but in "showroom condition." I can get them at a great discount, and re-sell them at a good discount. Before I pulled the trigger, I wanted to see if there is anyone out there who has yet to get an H2 and wants one right away.

Here are the brief details:

Number 1:
03 Yellow H2
Adventure Package
under 2200 miles

Options include:
Tool kit, Chrome Appearance Pkg, Leather Seats, Air Suspension Pkg, 6 disc changer, 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio, Single Brushed Aluminum Crossbar, Grille Brush Guard, Tubular Assist Steps, Tubular Tail Lamp Protection, Floor Mats

California Registered

Price for forum members: $44,000 firm

Number 2:
03 Red Metallic H2
Adventure Package
under 500 miles

Options include:
Tool Kit, Chrome Appearance Pkg, Air Suspension Pkg, 6 Disc Changer, 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio, Single Brushed Aluminum Cross Bar, Grille Brush Guard, Tubular Assist Steps, Tubular Tail Lamp Protection, Floor Mats

California Registered

Price for forum members: $44,900 firm

Further Details:
I have the VINs for each H2. However, I tried to run a Carfax report and neither were in their database. I also have only seen photos of the H2s, they do look to be in Showroom condition, but who knows when those photos were taken. I am going on the word of the seller, however my deposit will be refunded if the H2s are not in the conditions promised. Both H2s will be available on or around the 15th of December.

Please contact me if interested, as I can only maintain the prices if I take both of them at the same time. I can forward pictures to you via email.

jrosoff@sprynet.com
Old 12-03-2002, 12:35 PM
Site Admin

at a very fair price.

I have been given the opportunity to acquire 2 H2s, both used, but in "showroom condition." I can get them at a great discount, and re-sell them at a good discount. Before I pulled the trigger, I wanted to see if there is anyone out there who has yet to get an H2 and wants one right away.

Here are the brief details:

Number 1:
03 Yellow H2
Adventure Package
under 2200 miles

Options include:
Tool kit, Chrome Appearance Pkg, Leather Seats, Air Suspension Pkg, 6 disc changer, 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio, Single Brushed Aluminum Crossbar, Grille Brush Guard, Tubular Assist Steps, Tubular Tail Lamp Protection, Floor Mats

California Registered

Price for forum members: $44,000 firm

Number 2:
03 Red Metallic H2
Adventure Package
under 500 miles

Options include:
Tool Kit, Chrome Appearance Pkg, Air Suspension Pkg, 6 Disc Changer, 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio, Single Brushed Aluminum Cross Bar, Grille Brush Guard, Tubular Assist Steps, Tubular Tail Lamp Protection, Floor Mats

California Registered

Price for forum members: $44,900 firm

Further Details:
I have the VINs for each H2. However, I tried to run a Carfax report and neither were in their database. I also have only seen photos of the H2s, they do look to be in Showroom condition, but who knows when those photos were taken. I am going on the word of the seller, however my deposit will be refunded if the H2s are not in the conditions promised. Both H2s will be available on or around the 15th of December.

Please contact me if interested, as I can only maintain the prices if I take both of them at the same time. I can forward pictures to you via email.

jrosoff@sprynet.com
Old 12-03-2002, 04:09 PM

sheag is off the scale

Good deals! I would be totally willing to go down to California to get one at that price, but alas, no Sunset Orange...:-(

Shea
Old 12-03-2002, 05:09 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Jason,

I've got a neighbor down the street from me who may be very interested. I'm sending you his phone numbers via private email.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:20 PM
Supporting Dealer

HUMMER SALESMAN is off the scale

Be very careful! there are H2's out there that are hot! Without too much detail.. that price is too low to be true
Old 12-04-2002, 12:40 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Jason-

Do you have a number I can reach you at?

-Hummerdogg
Old 12-04-2002, 12:41 AM
Hummer Professional

You can private email it to me at: hdogg99@yahoo.com
Old 12-04-2002, 12:46 AM
Hummer Professional

I just sent you an email with my number...
Old 12-04-2002, 12:54 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Hey Jason, be careful unless you're getting them from GM as tested H2s or something comparable. I don't mean to be an alarmist, but I have heard about some scams on the east coast with stolen cars and these prices are too good not to question.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:00 PM
Site Admin

Let me first say that I do apologize for exciting some of you about getting an H2 for under "market value."

This opportunity came about, and I felt that I owed it to a you guys (and gals) to at least check it out. I posted the first message to make sure that there would be interest. Once I knew for sure that there was, I pursued it.

Here is how it went down:

The seller first contacted me in hopes of advertising his H2s in the classifieds section of this website.

After the first few messages about getting some basic info about the H2's, we began negotiations on the deal. The seller who wanted to know I was "serious" about it, wanted a deposit of $3000 immediately. I, of course, denied this request and asked that a contract be worked out and offered to put the deposit in an escrow account.

He then told me that he did not want to waste his time with a buyer that was not "serious." I then offered to send a deposit of $500 to show that I was indeed "serious" before the contract was worked out, but that I would need faxed copies of titles or some other proof of ownership first. To this, his reply was that he was leaving the office and will get back to me tomorrow, and in the mean time, send the $3000 over as a deposit.

As of this morning, the H2's were sold to another buyer - HOW SHOCKING! Even more incredible was the price, both went for under $32,000 each!

I feel it is my duty to list the sellers name and contact information. I ask that none of you use this information to contact him (no need to get yours truly into any trouble). I just ask all of you to use extreme caution if infact you run across him elsewhere:

Name: M. Thuston
URL: thuston.port5.com
email: hummer@thuston.port5.com OR thustonltd@hotmail.com

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for causing such a stir for no reason. However, I will continue to keep my eyes open for other deals, but promise not to make them public until I know they are legit.

Regards,
Jason
Old 12-04-2002, 03:07 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Here's the real deal when dealing with SCAM ARTISTS. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

I have been a detective for some years and here is some advice and HOPEFULLY none of us will ever be taken by a scam, but it does happen.

They (CROOKS) always attempt to present a sense of urgency to their victims in scams like this. As in Jason's case, "wanted a deposit of $3000 immediately". This is my first sign that this is a SCAM. Why $3,000.00???? Here's why, he figures you will part with this small amount money to hold the Hummers with no strings, such as seeing titles, pictures or some other verification of ownership. If so, then he simply walks away with the money. Scam is completed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] A real deal would be more professional and I know you know that.

Second attempt to scam Jason was "He then told me that he did not want to waste his time with a buyer that was not "serious." This puts the victim on the defensive and all to often, the victim (Jason) will give in and send the money. Then the scam is complete and is off with the money. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Third and final attempt to scam Jason, referred to as the closing pitch among con-artists. "his reply was that he was leaving the office and will get back to me tomorrow, and in the mean time, send the $3000 over as a deposit". Basically this CROOK believed Jason was a little to smart for him and made one last ditch effort to get his money. This is usually the last conversation you have with these idiots and weither you send the money or not, you never hear from them again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

The SET UP is now also in place. """""As of this morning, the H2's were sold to another buyer""""" for under $32,000 each!

The upseting thing here is that he has placed the seed with Jason that the Hummers were real and he sold them. What this does is allow the CROOK one last attempt at getting JASON's money. He can now wait a couple of weeks and contact Jason again and say, "got another Hummer, would you like this one" and the scam starts all over again. He may have one of his CROOK friends say "Ya this guy is for real, I bought a Hummer for 32K." But this CROOK is a friend of the CROOK and is in on the scam. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

GREAT JOB JASON

I wished all the hardworking, law abiding citizens of our great country were as smart as you. Then I would have a lot less work as a detective.

BRAVO

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2002, 03:18 PM

JCJ is off the scale

Heehaw,
What's your opinion on then fact that the VIN ## of scam cars were not in the Carfax files as Jason stated?
I tried entering my H2's VIN # as well (bought from Scottsdale, Arizona, August 2002), but it wasn't registered at Carfax (as yet).
JCJ
Old 12-04-2002, 03:55 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

I'm not quite sure why your Vin is not listed. It immediately pulled mine up and displayed the proper information. Mine was purchased Nov 2002 at a local dealer in Southern California.

Scam artists could easily obtain VIN numbers and post them. In my opinion, I would not trust a transaction based on the CarFax stuff and neither would you. We are a little too smart for this type of scam.

But, that being said, I don't think it hurts to check the database and and at least it could be another piece to the puzzle when dealing with someone you don't know.

REMEMBER THIS: I tell all my students (teach law enforcement related topics), when the HAIR on the BACK OF YOUR NECK STANDS UP, listen to it, you first instinct is usually correct. GO WITH IT!

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2002, 04:41 PM
Site Admin

I contacted Car Fax and asked why a VIN might not be in their database. They informed me that they are not yet current with the 2003 models. It was as simple as that.

I did however take the VINs to my local HUMMER dealer who ran a check on them. They did come up in the system and neither had any warranty work done on either of them.

Finally, I contacted CA's DMV. The H2's were apparently registered in California, but the representative I spoke with showed no record of either of them. This was the first real clue that I was possibly being worked.

Heehaw - thanks for your post, the more educated we all are, the better!
Old 12-04-2002, 05:43 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

This thread has been good. Thanks Jason and HeeHaw. This is what the H2 Forum is all about!

Love and kisses.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-04-2002, 06:35 PM

Dunkster is off the scale

My two cents and what I found

I am in the market for the new Hummer 2 so this looked great even at 44,000. This guy did put up a add on hummerh2.net which goes to his web site.
Hummer deal

I don't know if this is a scam or not butlast year I was purchasing sometime on ebay which turned out to be a scam. I paid with paypal and guess what I have never seen the money again and was told I most likely will not. Guess the amount $3000. Yea they like that amount. The police could not do anything and the FBI took the report. He got alot of people not just me. The interesting part is how is got them and me. He sent a email to me saying he noticed I bid on the item and the person that won backed down. Would I like to still purchase it. I did and lost my money. I had got his phone number and it was fake. Even when I got worried and tried to cancel the paypal he sent me emails saying that his mom dead and he was sorry. Would I please retract the complaint and he would send the item. It is easy to get scammed on the internet because people can steal information that is usually worthless until they use it like this.

I don't know if this was fake, but always be careful when giving people money that you don't know or you don't have a way to get ahold of.

-------------
Dunkster
Old 12-04-2002, 06:40 PM

Dunkster is off the scale

Yahoo news

Ebay scam

These scams happen to regular people and I dare say smart people that trust a little to much.

-------------
Dunkster
Old 12-04-2002, 07:33 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

I love the way he added the word FIRM to his price of 30,900. Like anyone is going to try to get him to come down on that price for an H2 with 300 miles on it. What a load of crap. Look..if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I wouldn't have even bothered responding to this ad.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:21 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

His ad reads "Due to the fact we have urgent needs to sell the vehicles, we have discounted our overhead costs by 40% which will save the buyer at least 35% from any other USA dealerships price."

BS...........This statement says nothing, but to people unaware of scams, it appears that this statement justifies the low price B#LLSH#T!!!!!!

I almost forgot to mention the TYPOS I found in the add. Typical of a quick web site used to scam you.

There are always scumbags like this out there and this is EXACTLY way I love my JOB!!!!!!!!!

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Hummer Professional

Can't you use his contact info and notify the authorities? And to think, I was one scam away from a dirt cheap H2... DAMN!!!