H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

http://equinox.rockresorts.com/info/act.lr.asp

Anyone around the forum drive this? I want to check it out - see what it is all about. I am thinking it might be lame...but we will see.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Hummer Guru

http://equinox.rockresorts.com/info/act.lr.asp

Anyone around the forum drive this? I want to check it out - see what it is all about. I am thinking it might be lame...but we will see.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:40 AM

rodster is off the scale

Lame or not $200 an hour for instruction seems pretty steep.

Great looking resort, though. It's been a lot of years since I've seen fall colors like that!
Old 09-10-2005, 01:45 AM
Hummer Guru

I thought it was pretty steep too. I wonder what it would cost with my own H2...or if they would even let me.

Any time you want a vacation here with the fam - let me know! I will take bunches of pics this fall to share the colors.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:20 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
Any time you want a vacation here with the fam - let me know! I will take bunches of pics this fall to share the colors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look forward to seeing the pics!. Not sure about a vacation all the way out/up there but the wife did recently mention making a trip east. Who knows? Thanks for the offer and ditto back to you.

There are no fall colors in Vegas . . . just colors.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

This looks much better and something we've talked about in the past.
http://www.nemacolin.com/
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If the idea of recreation is best achieved with a bit of adrenaline mixed in, then Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has a few surprises in store. From the Off-Road Driving Academy exclusively featuring HummerŪ H1 and H2 vehicles and our 140-acre sporting clays Shooting Academy to winter sports options that include skiing and snowboarding, that adrenaline rush is easily attainable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Check out the site. It has everything.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:22 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Find a plane ticket out to Moab and you can hitch a ride with one of the Pewter Masters.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
There are no fall colors in Vegas . . . just colors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never been there, I should go some day!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
This looks much better and something we've talked about in the past. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will check it out Ken. thanks for the link!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Find a plane ticket out to Moab and you can hitch a ride with one of the Pewter Masters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DRTYFN that sounds like so much fun! You west coast guys are so damn lucky. I love the look of that area. Not too mention the pewter power balls-o-steel on the lion back. When you wend down that...do you ride low range with little brake, or is that not how to do it. Like I said before I am somewhat of a newbie.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:38 AM

shipbldr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Lame or not $200 an hour for instruction seems pretty steep.

Great looking resort, though. It's been a lot of years since I've seen fall colors like that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

$200 an hour.... Hell... we'll let you ride with use at Paragon for a mere $100/hour...

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 09-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Hummer Guru

LOL!

Yeah - I want to drive, though!
Old 09-11-2005, 12:08 AM

shipbldr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
LOL!

Yeah - I want to drive, though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bring your H2... our next ride is Saturday September 24th, camping the night before at Red Ridge Lake Campground...

Are you in? We we be seeing your truck in the next video??

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 09-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Hummer Guru

Next weekend I have a wedding to go to (friend)...and another the weekend after (sister).

Thanks for the invite though. Red Ridge Lake Campground is about 7hrs from me.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:51 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm wearing my pink Red Ridge t-shirt right now.

It is kind of a creepy little campground, with all those "long term" campers and their Christmas lights, but some how I think a trip to Paragon wouldn't be the same without it.

And yes, I have mentioned this place before, It does have everything: golf, paintball, facials, clay shooting, culinary classes, rock climbing and trails. It looks like so much fun! They even have a sugar artist that does sweet little cakes and stuff. I would be up for going in the spring or something.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:39 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

CP, wasn't that mentioned a few posts above by a loving, kind man?

VT, you'd have a longer drive than me. I can't believe it!
Old 09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done the class. It was included in a "mudslingers" package that I took with my wife. H2 off road followed by a very nice time in the spa. Oh, by the way, Hot girls giving you a message and then rubbing mud all over you - not a bad way to spend the rest of the day

The Equinox used to host the Land Rover Driving school but I guess that they lost this affiliation (or Land Rover decided Bling was better than wheeling).

The first time I went was with Land Rover school. It was alot less expensive and my buddy wanted to go (I was the best man at his wedding, there at the resort).

The sceond time was in this package with my wife. I really wanted her to get the opportunity to wheel. Seeing as she hates it whenever I try to teach her somthing, having someone else do it seemed like a good idea. She really enjoyed herself and is looking forward to my getting a H3. If you've been off road at all you will probably think this is lame. If you havent, you might have a good time and will probably learn something. Just try to get it in a package, otherwise it is way too expensive. If you book a stay there call the Resort direct to make your reservation. I did and was able to upgrade our room for no additional charge. The national line would never do this.

Oh, if you do go to the Equinox, check out the Brittish School of Falconry. Flying and hunting the Harris Hawks was really cool.

Rob (Ipedog)
Old 09-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Hummer Guru

Hey Rob!

Thanks SO much for the information! That is exactly what I was looking for! Sounds like a good time, and sounds even more like something my wife would enjoy!

I did see they still have Land Rovers there as well as the H2. Must be they just wanted to add another choice in toys!

Thanks again! Are you close to VT?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was at the Equinox the first time ALL the resort vehicles were Land Rover Disco's. The Off Road school is alot smaller now, with only 1 or 2 instructors and I think only two or three vehicles vs. the 6 instructors and 6-8 vehicles when Land Rover was a corporate sponsor. SO my geuss is that the Land Rovers are left overs.

The instructor we drove with this last time was an ex-militatry HMMWV instructor who seemed to know his stuff. Polite, professional, and fun. We learned about brake/gas modulation, lockers, articulation. Overall it was a really fun time. The trails are tight, rocky, and rooted. Definately nothing outrageous as they take rank novices out there, but they allow you to switch drivers if you want and will tailor instruction to your skill level. My wife drove basic stuff that was fun and challenging for her and then I drove some more difficult areas.

I typically don't go for resorts, but the Equinox is incredible. I just love the place. The service is great, the spa is great, the food is great. Basically, it doesn't suck .

We live right outside of Boston in the town of Bedford and love getting up to Vermont. Very relaxing and a big change from suburbia/city life.

I hope that this helps.

Rob (Ipedog)
Old 09-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Hummer Guru

Rob it does help! It is very good to hear! I think I am going to get a few people together and we will do it. One of my friends has an H3, and might be into it. It probably will not be until late next month, but I will post some pics. I wish I could take my own up there but they will not let me, I am sure.

Sounds like you have had a great time here in VT! It is a different style of living, that is for sure...tight knit.

Let me know when your coming to the area!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Hummer Guru

Prices are per truck.

No you cannot use your own truck (lame, but it is an insurance thing)

People can take out 1 truck with a guide and trade off

Terrain sounds like trails, with logs, rock climbs and logging style roads cut wide enough for the Hummer only.

wiggle room on price depending on group size.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
This looks much better and something we've talked about in the past.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If the idea of recreation is best achieved with a bit of adrenaline mixed in, then Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has a few surprises in store. From the Off-Road Driving Academy exclusively featuring HummerŪ H1 and H2 vehicles and our 140-acre sporting clays Shooting Academy to winter sports options that include skiing and snowboarding, that adrenaline rush is easily attainable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Check out the site. It has everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

woohoo! The old stompin grounds...

http://www.hummerguy.net