H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wright Service again!!!

As everyone knows I have been fighting Wright over the service (to save space use the search function). THey got a new service manager, she called and tried to make it right, they came and pick my H3 up (45 minute ride each way) dropped off a courtesy car (GMC Envoy) and I knew I was going to be able to forgive all the bad feelings I have

. I just got my H3 back, they inspected it, changed the oil, fixed my center vents and that was all that went right. They rotated my tires but told me that rotating the spare in was not part of the service. The roof rails they had on hold they claim ended up being two of the same so they did not replace them. They will order them and I can bring it back anytime to have them replace it... why could they not just get it right the first time. and to make it complete.... the interior is dirty. Why can they not fix it, I really want to like them, to brag about them, tell everyone how great they are...

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 10-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wright Service again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
As everyone knows I have been fighting Wright over the service (to save space use the search function). THey got a new service manager, she called and tried to make it right, they came and pick my H3 up (45 minute ride each way) dropped off a courtesy car (GMC Envoy) and I knew I was going to be able to forgive all the bad feelings I have

. I just got my H3 back, they inspected it, changed the oil, fixed my center vents and that was all that went right. They rotated my tires but told me that rotating the spare in was not part of the service. (I would think it would be, since GM recommends rotating with the spare. Maybe they were too lazy to reset the TPM if they did the spare too. )The roof rails they had on hold they claim ended up being two of the same so they did not replace them. (When did they order them? GM Service Parts purged the old rails when the new ones were released. Purged means they were destroyed at the warehouse...sent to a recycler. Dealers were to purge their stock too, and get a credit for those purged from inventory. Good way for a dealer to make a little extra profit? )They will order them and I can bring it back anytime to have them replace it... why could they not just get it right the first time. and to make it complete.... the interior is dirty. Why can they not fix it, I really want to like them, to brag about them, tell everyone how great they are...

I hate to say it, but sometimes, dealers are their own worse enemy.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:13 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

They claimed teh roof rails were two left ones, no right ones. I wonder if they come in sets or indivudual. They did re set the TPM, said so on the service order. Looks like GM is picking up a big tab on the warranty work if i guessed. I did get a good price on the inspection, oil change and a half-assed tire rotation

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 10-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

Cal is off the scale

Thats to bad, but it makes me thankful that my dealership is so good to me(Scott Hummer).
Old 10-06-2006, 03:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

signals34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
Thats to bad, but it makes me thankful that my dealership is so good to me(Scott Hummer).
Yea...Scott Hummer has been excellent for me...Work is done quickly,neat and clean, no head games...very good dealership...
Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
They claimed teh roof rails were two left ones, no right ones. I wonder if they come in sets or indivudual. They did re set the TPM, said so on the service order. Looks like GM is picking up a big tab on the warranty work if i guessed. I did get a good price on the inspection, oil change and a half-assed tire rotation

Rotating the four tires does not require reset of the TPM. Oh well, guess they don't knowthat.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd make them ship you the roof rails instead of making a return trip. They are very easy to install. I did it in about ten minutes total...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Banned

lotus4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Don't know if it makes you feel any better but I had mine in this week for the roof rails and had been waiting for a few weeks. My dealer told me the same thing, they had plenty of lefts but were waiting on the rights. They offered to put the left one on 2 weeks ago but what's the sense in that...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

Quote:

When I had mine replaced a Cochran they said this the first time and I had to bring the H3 back in when the complete set came in.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

This won't help but I had the same problem(on the other side of the fence)I ordered 12 of each side.

They came in and we called everyone to get them taken care of.I opened the first box to give out and The left number had a right side in it.

Talk about freaking out!!!!

I called around to all the dealer's in screaming range and it was the same story.

I am not in the habbit of opening every box to ensure left and rights,but I do now.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy
This won't help but I had the same problem(on the other side of the fence)I ordered 12 of each side.

They came in and we called everyone to get them taken care of.I opened the first box to give out and The left number had a right side in it.

Talk about freaking out!!!!

I called around to all the dealer's in screaming range and it was the same story.

I am not in the habbit of opening every box to ensure left and rights,but I do now.

Well that sucks. I wonder is GM parts doing the packaging or is it the suppliler?
Old 10-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Got to be the supplier,just at looking at the boxes.Next time your in front of a mirror turn around look over your shoulder then look down. That is what I felt like.an ass.....Customer's veiw was" mellon head how hard is it to get 1 left andJeff heres the tricky part and 1 right".

Want to tell ya I don't pass blame because nobody wants to hear it.You say I'm very sorry and I will make sure it is correct before we bring you in again.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: PA, Back in the deep mountains, away from stupid people!!
hummer_metal is on a distinguished road

Man, she better treat me right. I purchased my Hummer from Agriv8rs dealership, Hall Hummer in VA Beach.

I took my rig back a couple days later to have some custom work done and everything you mentioned in your post.

I was given another Hummer as a rental, and the next day when I arrived to pick up my rig, my lights hadn't been installed due to the hold on them because of problems.

Phil, the service manager has always had a can do attitude. When I walk into his office the three times I have talked with him, he listens and gives me truthful answers. No BS from those folks.

Got my keys to get my rig, they had washed my Hummer, shined the tires, and cleaned the interior including windows.

Now that to me is service.

Heck scouts you might have to drive 7 1/2 hours to Hall, but they will treat you good and maybe put you up in a hotel overnight. In return I think hall should bill Wright for the whole package deal and maybe they will get a clue.

veg?e?tar?i?an (vĕj'ĭ-t?r'ē-ən): Old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

http://themetalpeddler.com
Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

Location: PA, Back in the deep mountains, away from stupid people!!
hummer_metal is on a distinguished road

A bump for better service!!

veg?e?tar?i?an (vĕj'ĭ-t?r'ē-ən): Old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

http://themetalpeddler.com