H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else experience an inconsistent airflow coming from the vents? With no apparent pattern, I'll get a sudden "whoosh" of air, then it'll settle back down to normal. Seconds later, another whoosh. Happens all the time. Took it into the dealer for that and a cooling problem, which they fixed, but I still have to airflow problem.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 04-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Anyone else experience an inconsistent airflow coming from the vents? With no apparent pattern, I'll get a sudden "whoosh" of air, then it'll settle back down to normal. Seconds later, another whoosh. Happens all the time. Took it into the dealer for that and a cooling problem, which they fixed, but I still have to airflow problem.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 04-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have the a/c set to "Auto" it may be normal. The fan speed will kick up and down. It takes time to get used to it. So there may be nothing wrong. If you manually set the fan speed and it is doing it, something is wrong.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Hummer Authority

Thanks Ken, I should have specified that this is in "manual" mode.

-Pete
Old 04-05-2005, 05:43 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

At the rear of your H2 behind the applique trim on the drivers side is a ventilation pressure relief valve. If it is sticking, it will appear that your a/c blower is surging. What you describe sounds like it is building excess pressue, then releasing. When that happens you'll feel/hear a whoosing. One way to diagnose is crack the two back windows about 1/4"-1/2" then drive it and see if it still does it. If it doesn't, it's the pressure relief valve. Oppps...just realized you must have a SUT. Don't know where it's located on the SUT but it's there somewhere.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:17 PM

Attached Images

Old 04-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

Is this happening while driving with the a/c on for a while? The reason I ask, is we have seen where after driving for a while with a/c on, the evaporator will actually form a layer of ice on it, when the ice forms, no air flow. Then it will start to melt and the airflow comes back. Solution for this is an updated deisgn a/c cycling switch.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
At the rear of your H2 behind the applique trim on the drivers side is a ventilation pressure relief valve. If it is sticking, it will appear that your a/c blower is surging. What you describe sounds like it is building excess pressue, then releasing. When that happens you'll feel/hear a whoosing. One way to diagnose is crack the two back windows about 1/4"-1/2" then drive it and see if it still does it. If it doesn't, it's the pressure relief valve. Oppps...just realized you must have a SUT. Don't know where it's located on the SUT but it's there somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a minute there, I thought you were just yanking my chain about a pressure release valve. I was thinking, "this ain't no damn airplane." LOL! Thank you very much for the info; very helpful and makes a lot of sense given the nature of this issue.

-Pete
Old 04-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummertech:
Is this happening while driving with the a/c on for a while? The reason I ask, is we have seen where after driving for a while with a/c on, the evaporator will actually form a layer of ice on it, when the ice forms, no air flow. Then it will start to melt and the airflow comes back. Solution for this is an updated deisgn a/c cycling switch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know the dealership replaced the switch as part of the repair to address the cooling issue I had, and this problem happens right away after start-up.

Thanks for chiming in, very helpful info to have!

-Pete
Old 04-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Does it do it with the rear window down a hair?
Old 04-06-2005, 05:37 PM

TXSUT...If this is happening right after startup I doubt it's the evaporator coil icing over. So I think it will have to come down to two possibilities: 1) The pressure relief valve 2) Electrical problems with the blower motor/controls. Eliminate the first possibility by simple cracking a window. Again, if that solves the problem it's the PRV.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Jonahs last summer I was in Dallas and AC running. I walked around back and a friend felt cold air coming out from the right upper vent. I knew of there was supposed to be a valve on left. I have not taken it apart as it did not matter but, now curious does the 2005 have it in different location or maybe more than one. I have not felt on the left vent up high. I will check that when My Baby gets back from graphic shop Friday. I was just curious after reading these posts.
Thanks
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-06-2005, 10:41 PM

TAZ....it's suppose to be on the left side on '03 & I have no reason to believe it's any different on an '05. But you know how that goes. It might be on the right side of some/all of them. I've never taken mine apart so I can't confirm but it's there. I'm sure it only has one. Really don't know where it's at on a SUT.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Hummer Authority

Well, it must not be the PRV; still doing it with the window cracked. Back to the dealer...
Old 04-08-2005, 04:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TXSUT:
Well, it must not be the PRV; still doing it with the window cracked. Back to the dealer... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes I think you're right. There's a "blower motor control processor" that may well be the problem but it's nothing you want to get into. Sorry couldn't pin it down. Hate those trips to dealers.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Hummer Authority

But thanks a ton, you've helped tremendously.