H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 12-19-2005, 08:19 PM

Bolts21 is off the scale

Hi, I am new to the board and just got my '06 h2 and will be putting on 35 or 37" muds, but can't decide yet. I have seen a few set ups on this forum I like. It seems that I have to get a 2" leveling kit to go with 37's or I'll have rubbing problems. Just wanted to get some advice from people who have both set ups and maybe some pictures. Keep in mind I'm in Orange County and will do no off roading and will go with a 18X9.75 wheel. I would appreciate some pics of your guys' awesome rides. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:19 PM

Bolts21 is off the scale

Hi, I am new to the board and just got my '06 h2 and will be putting on 35 or 37" muds, but can't decide yet. I have seen a few set ups on this forum I like. It seems that I have to get a 2" leveling kit to go with 37's or I'll have rubbing problems. Just wanted to get some advice from people who have both set ups and maybe some pictures. Keep in mind I'm in Orange County and will do no off roading and will go with a 18X9.75 wheel. I would appreciate some pics of your guys' awesome rides. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bolts21:
Hi, I am new to the board and just got my '06 h2 and will be putting on 35 or 37" muds, but can't decide yet. I have seen a few set ups on this forum I like. It seems that I have to get a 2" leveling kit to go with 37's or I'll have rubbing problems. Just wanted to get some advice from people who have both set ups and maybe some pictures. Keep in mind I'm in Orange County and will do no off roading and will go with a 18X9.75 wheel. I would appreciate some pics of your guys' awesome rides. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why get "muds" then? 37's will hurt your mileage and speedometer.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bolts21:
Hi, I am new to the board and just got my '06 h2 and will be putting on 35 or 37" muds, but can't decide yet. I have seen a few set ups on this forum I like. It seems that I have to get a 2" leveling kit to go with 37's or I'll have rubbing problems. Just wanted to get some advice from people who have both set ups and maybe some pictures. Keep in mind I'm in Orange County and will do no off roading and will go with a 18X9.75 wheel. I would appreciate some pics of your guys' awesome rides. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am currently running a set of Motto MT700 18/9.5 rims loaded with 325/60/18 Toyo Open Country ATs. They only had 4 ATs when I bought mine so I loaded my spare with a 35x12.5x18 Open Country MT. I am thinking next tire purchase going with the MTs all the way around. I like the look better of the MT vice the AT. Been to lazy to shoot photos yet but may have some in the near future.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 12-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have 24" rim on a 37"toyo mt it rubs a lil but nuttin to worrie about as long as you dont off road. i rolled my stock next to my new set up and the 37s were a hair bigger. i dont think they are 37" tall. anyways just look for pictures there are 1000s of them. i never use the search function it sucks. i just go threw every page and read the threads i like. youll find extra info that way also.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:00 PM

toyo o/c 37x13.5, no leveling kit. only rub is at full turn on the rear of the plastic fender well, no damage from that and it will wear away soon enough.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

strongrhino is off the scale

Goodyear MTR's 37" no lift...no leveling..never a rub on stock wheels. Looks and rides awesome. Could not be happier. Been off road on some medium grade stff..nothing crazy but never ever a rub even with 4 passengers. I have learned all Hummers come off differently but I guess i got lucky. I might tight the torsion bars an inch or so for a little more level look but I am indecisive cause I do not want to affect ride quality. The MTR's are smoothe as silk and fairly quiet and give the truck a whole new look without a lift. BTW I am on stock rims as well.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:14 AM

Bolts21 is off the scale

thanks rhino....got a pic? I am going to get new wheels which will be 9.75 I believe. These might rub because of the width?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:21 AM

rodster is off the scale

thanks rhino....got a pic? I am going to get new wheels which will be 9.75 I believe. These might rub because of the width? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What width tire you talking about?

I would avoid the 2" leveling kit. I've been told by a few experienced people that the kits put extra stress on front end parts and cause premature wear. In all likelihood, you won't need the kit to clear 37s.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:29 AM

Bolts21 is off the scale

Leaning towards Goodyear MTR's which are 12.50's I believe. Toys is my other option.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:56 AM

37x13.5 toyo oc
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2005, 03:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

strongrhino is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shorterbus:
37x13.5 toyo oc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
E-mail me me and I will be glad to send you pix. I am a retard and do not not know to post pix so I will send you them and you post em. I can not reiterate how I feel these are the best all around tire on a stock wheel. Everyone has their opinions of course..I have been dealing wit the MTR's on multiple vehicles and will never go back. BTW the optimal psi is 40. Got em a discount tire for $280 each I believe and if you rotate them every 3-5k you will get good life. Had em on a jeep Rubicon- beat the **** out them and put 40k on them and they still had 80% tread. So others opinions may differ but I don't think there is a better tire. I will send pix tomorrow for sure. Plus they balanced perfectly strongrhino@hotmail.com Look forward to hearing from you!
Old 12-20-2005, 03:18 AM

rodster is off the scale

Leaning towards Goodyear MTR's which are 12.50's I believe. Toys is my other option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lots of people run 37 x 12.50 with no problems.

As someone up this thread suggested, no two trucks are alike. What rubs on one truck doesn't on another.

Given the fact you don't plan on off-roading, I don't think you'll have a problem. If you do have rubbing, it'll likely be minor.

Another variable in the equation is wheel backspace.

BTW, don't say you'll never go off-road. You might just go once and then you'll be hooked.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:20 AM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point

forgot to add my rims are 10" wide and my toyos are 13.50 wide. and like i said just a lil rubbin
Old 12-20-2005, 05:03 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep in mind I'm in Orange County and will do no off roading and will go with a 18X9.75 wheel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sell the H2 and go buy a Prius.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:05 PM

Bolts21 is off the scale

give me a break!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:32 PM

1BADH2 is off the scale

Go with 41's
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

give me a break! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way, Jose.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

37" MTRs with no lift.

No rub when installed, then a dealer alignment chewed the heck out of one of them.

Stacy