H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-25-2005, 02:33 PM

Jackass (AKA Tim) is off the scale

I know you all have been been over this but I cant seem to find it Who do you think makes the best lift kit. I want to run 38 or 40 inch tires 14.50 or 15.50 wide
Thanks Tim
Old 06-25-2005, 02:33 PM

I know you all have been been over this but I cant seem to find it Who do you think makes the best lift kit. I want to run 38 or 40 inch tires 14.50 or 15.50 wide
Thanks Tim
Old 06-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

NO ONE makes the best lift kit. They all have advantages and disadvantages.

For 38s you will need a 6" kit.
For 40s you had better go higher although some on here will say they can get them under a 6" kit.

Fabtech had the most popular and least costly 6" lift kit. It is designed for the everyday installer. Basically it replaces the knuckles with larger ones in the front and does not require cutting of the upper control arm brackets. It does change the spacing between the upper and lower control arms when the knuckles are replaced. The lit also replaces the pitman arm but retains the stock center link and steering components.

In the rear, it does provide a drop down bracket for the panhard bar, but I do not like the arrangment on the few kits I have seen. It makes a rear end alignment difficult. And...it does not stabalize this panhard bar. We are fixing this right now on a Fabtech kit brought to our shop.

Ths shocks on this kit are adequate but not great. The front end articulation is altered with the knuckles and the shock arrangement.

Full Throttle Suspension and BulletProof Suspension kits are more expensive. They do require some cutting for the front drop down brackets. These kits are difficult to install for the average installer. They require a working knowledge of the IFS system. They are designed to be installed by pros since their installation instructions are so-so.

These kits provide a system where the stock suspension geometry is retained.

They also provide drop down steering components allowing the retention of the stock pitman arm and center link. They provide a beefed up center link system and new beefed up tie rods and end links.

They also both have adjustment methods for the rear panhard bar with a great drop down bracket.
My 6.5 FTS kit rides better than stock with a great amount of control.

Both kits come with a option for dual shocks. I use King instead of the kit supplied shocks. They are works of both art and science.

I cannot write and article today so I will end here. If you are anywhere close to NJ, let us do your work. We have either installed, fixed, or adjusted all of these lits.

By the way, stay away from the Skyjacker 6" kit.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:46 PM

tonka61 is off the scale

i don't support lift kits even if they make your ride look good. if you have to then do it. there all the same just about. the best thing for your h2 is to keep it as stock cause you get a better center of gravity for off roading closer to the ground the better which is stock just add bigger tires. if your looking for your h2 to be eyecandy then lift it. just a thought.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonka61:
the best thing for your h2 is to keep it as stock cause you get a better center of gravity for off roading closer to the ground the better which is stock just add bigger tires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This is based on your experience of wheelin' a stock and lifted H2 I presume? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>NO! It sounds like this is experience from being a complete dumbass. "closer to the ground the better"????????? Ever heard of ground clearance and approach/departure/breakover angles.

Tonka, who the f**K asked you if you support lift kits? You obviously are completely ignorant of any facts surrounding the issue so you should've just kept your yap shut.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by PhilD:
I've done a little of both... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Is that an understatement or what?
Old 06-27-2005, 04:43 AM

MisterH2 is off the scale

I got a Fabtech 6" lift with the multishock kit and dual steering stablizers, 40" Procomp Xterrain on 20" Procomp 6070s. NO RUB!! I took it off road in Death Valley (see my pics on another thread). I also like the tight turning radius.

I did however crack the rear stabilizer bracket (its the stock bracket that's welded to the frame) which I had fixed by welding/re-enforcing that bracket.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

That rear stabizer braket is the same one that cracked on the kit we are fixing right now.

It is a weak point in the Fabtech system.

We are putting a FTS bracket on it with an adjustable brace.

The Pro Comps you have are not 15.5 right? They are 13.5????
Old 06-27-2005, 01:33 PM

Hey HummersGoneWild could you send or post some pic's of your yellow H2 sounds like what I want to do.
thanks Tim
TEhler@vtlsigns.com
Old 06-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Phil:

I believe you! without doubt.

40's are too big for a 6" lift with full articulation.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:55 PM

Hey PhilD what tires you got on yours are they 13.50 or 15.50
Thanks Tim
Old 06-27-2005, 02:09 PM

tonka61 is off the scale

so what your saying is that the stock hieght of the h2 with a little bigger tire isn't good enough you ass. the h2 was calculated just perfect ass. you f**k ass paragon. you need to pull your head out of your ass and do your homework!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonka61:
so what your saying is that the stock hieght of the h2 with a little bigger tire isn't good enough you ass. the h2 was calculated just perfect ass. you f**k ass paragon. you need to pull your head out of your ass and do your homework! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Good enough for what? Good enough for your ass? Maybe.

If "the h2 was calculated just perfect" why are you suggesting that it needs "a little bigger tire" to be "good enough."

Sport, just move on. This thread is above your pay grade.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:54 PM

tonka61 is off the scale

then my suggestion to you is move up and join the rest of us and get an h1.