H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-18-2006, 03:14 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
BTW everyone, there will be an all-night near full moon for camping Saturday night!
The coyotes will be howling!

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice!

BTW, I'm no marketing mind but I wonder if this thread might get more action if you change the title to something like SoCal/SoNV/NoAZ yadda yadda? Could be Mojave Road means nothing to most people. I've been in Vegas a couple decades and only learned about the M.R. a couple months ago.

Odd, Mojave Road abbreviated is M.R. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That IS odd! And get this....
You're strange is abbreviated YS!!

Sean
Old 01-18-2006, 05:03 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too funny!

(My wife retired this year from teaching. Before the world became so P.C., M.R. was the common term used to describe mentally retarded students.)
Old 01-18-2006, 06:51 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too funny!

(My wife retired this year from teaching. Before the world became so P.C., M.R. was the common term used to describe mentally retarded students.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh , now I get it. ROFLMFAO. I had NO idea what that meant!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:56 PM

Bondage is off the scale

If you're not a history buff then this won't mean much, but I think it is VERY cool;
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2006, 07:13 PM

rodster is off the scale

If you're not a history buff then this won't mean much, but I think it is VERY cool; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is very cool!

The history of the trail is pretty amazing, eh? One of the last of the old west gunfights happened somewhere on the trail.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:58 PM

Bondage is off the scale

If you're not a history buff then this won't mean much, but I think it is VERY cool; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is very cool!

The history of the trail is pretty amazing, eh? One of the last of the old west gunfights happened somewhere on the trail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It happened at Government Holes in 1925 - the two guys emptied their 45's into each other and BOTH died. The cabin where it happened is gone, but the stone foundation remains and the windmill powered well that pumped the water they were fighting over is still there - and still working!!! The 1st time I was there I was by myself and it was like something out of a weird old movie - the desert in the middle of nowhere and this wind powered pump just squeeking away in its own slow rhythm!

Sean
Old 01-18-2006, 11:00 PM

Bondage is off the scale

BTW - the Traveller's Inn in Needles (760-326-4900) has rooms available for Friday night if anyone is interested. It might be a good idea since we plan to get out from US95 and the Mojave Road PROMPTLY at 8:30am! I can't vouch for the place - may be a dive - but it's close to the trailhead and the rates are reasonable!

Sean
Old 01-18-2006, 11:25 PM

Bondage is off the scale

More history..........
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

For those of you that are going, regular old tape works fine. I've used Blue Painter's tape and all was great.

Rod, I trimmed our shields about 1/2" short all the way around so I could get the tape to find a surface. It's easier to get those front doors done.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:18 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
For those of you that are going, regular old tape works fine. I've used Blue Painter's tape and all was great.

Rod, I trimmed our shields about 1/2" short all the way around so I could get the tape to find a surface. It's easier to get those front doors done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like to tuck it in at the leading edge of the door, but a trim around the other edges is a good idea!

Sean
Old 01-19-2006, 05:27 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
For those of you that are going, regular old tape works fine. I've used Blue Painter's tape and all was great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought blue tape was an indicator of supercharged?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rod, I trimmed our shields about 1/2" short all the way around so I could get the tape to find a surface. It's easier to get those front doors done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I trimmed mine when I first got them and guess I'll just trim the bottom edges by a half and see how it fits. You modify yours yet to fit the flares?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:30 AM

rodster is off the scale

Yo Sean, you got mail.

Nice photos you added here!

As far as a hotel goes, Laughlin is pretty close. Nine miles from 95 and then a few more miles south to M.R. Not sure if that's further or closer than Needles?

The Vegas gang will depart at 7 and should be at the intersection by 8:30, no problem. You have a favorite CB channel?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:33 AM

rodster is off the scale

Oh. Yahoo maps just told me it's 2:06 to Laughlin.

Maybe the Vegas crew will meet on the very SE end of the Vegas valley!
Old 01-19-2006, 06:15 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Yo Sean, you got mail.

Nice photos you added here!

As far as a hotel goes, Laughlin is pretty close. Nine miles from 95 and then a few more miles south to M.R. Not sure if that's further or closer than Needles?

The Vegas gang will depart at 7 and should be at the intersection by 8:30, no problem. You have a favorite CB channel? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do I have a favorite CB channel???? Try 007. And I just want to point out that obsession IS a healthy thing.....

Sean
Old 01-19-2006, 06:29 AM

rodster is off the scale

Do I have a favorite CB channel???? Try 007. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just had to ask ...
Old 01-19-2006, 01:11 PM

Bondage is off the scale

Do I have a favorite CB channel???? Try 007. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just had to ask ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you didn't.

Sean
Old 01-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Rod, no I haven't trimmed them yet.

CB channel = day of the month.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:23 PM

Bondage is off the scale

Rod, no I haven't trimmed them yet.

CB channel = day of the month. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have a working CB???? I would've thought CP had dunked it in coffee and thrown it out the window by now.

Sean
Old 01-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

Just wanted to pop in and say hello since I confirmed I will be joining you all. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I plan to drive to and stay in needles fri night. Anybody else coming down I5 on fri to get there? I'm trying to get my brother to join me but prying him out of his Dodge Ram can be difficult. Doesn't make much sense to drive both.

I have a magelin GPS unit that has surprised me with the unpaved roads that are preloaded on it. I'm going to look into downloading more detailed info tonight but I should be good there.

About the only thing on the list that I don't already have is a CB. Will one of the simple hand held kind be OK or should I go all out and put in a permanent unit? Any recommendations for a brand/model?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:52 PM

rodster is off the scale

Racer-X, glad to see you can make it!

Between Mr. Bond(age) and me we have the GPS stuff covered. No need to spend time and money on your end unless you want to because it's fun.

As for the CB, a handheld will probably do alright for this trip but you'll benefit long term from a permanent install. Many people here on the forum (self included) use the Cobra 75WXST. Info: http://www.cobra.com/index.php?page=...duct_id=5&id=1

You really don't need a CB, though. A set of FRS/GMRS walkie talkies can be had at any electronics store. I got mine at Best Buy for $75. Cobra-12-Mile, 22-Channel FRS/GMRS 2-Way Radios (Pair)-PR4700-2WX

Most people in the group will probably use the walkie-talkies. Half the money, no install, real easy.

If you do decide to get a portable CB, I have a magnetic mount external antenna you can borrow if you like. Let me know.