H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 08-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely no problems with the SC.

A small leak problem with one of the inner cooler hoses (located in back of the front grill) One of the house connections would not seal up correctly and would drip fluid but it was only a problem after driving hard for a while. The dealer ship fixed the problem and it has been trouble free ever since.

Love the performance. The H2 just needs a bit of help to get out of its own way some times. I am not a racer and did not install the SC for racing. I installed it or had it installed to help with daily drivability. Especially going up mountain passes the truck would constantly shift into a lower gear and then back into over drive. It was a problem just trying to maintain the legal speed limit going up the hill. After instilling the SC no problems at all. I have plenty of power to pass if needed and plenty of throttle left for whatever may come to my feeble mind.

I also had a problem with the electric fans. Here in Vegas during the summer it gets HOT. Nothing new there. But the fans would shut off or stop running which was causing an over heating issue. The problem: The dealership installed the control module for the fans next to or adjacent to the headers just below the fuse box. While they will not admit to doing anything wrong the instructions that came with the fans point to an installation point up next to the fans themselves. I believe that the control module for the fans being mounted close to a heat source was causing the module or something inside it to let loose. The dealership has replaced the module twice and still refuses to take my advice of relocating the module even after showing them the install instructions. Once the warranty is over I will re-locate the module myself. If they wish to continue to replace the thing at there cost that is up to them. The temps here in LV have lessened in the last week and I've had not trouble with the fans. It has been in the 90's. When it gets up over 100-115 they seam to have trouble. I should say that it is not the fans that have trouble but the control module staying functional. The fans do a great job of cooling when they are allowed to run. As a test I had a mechanic friend bypass the thermostat that controls the point where the fans turn on and just make it so that the fans were running when the motor was on and guess what no cooling or shutting down trouble at all. This test was done when it the ambient temps were in the suspect target range. As I said above the temps here in town are getting cooler at least this past week. They may bo back up as we are not out of summer yet.

I guess my point to all of that is if you have someone or a dealership install the fans just make sure they follow the install instructions. Also in other parts of the country where the temps do not reach 105-115 it may not be a problem at all regardless of where the controll module is located.

I was told that the electric fans were needed because the motor would be producing additional heat due to the Sc and the headers. I don't know if they just saw a gullible person coming or if it is actually true. The motor does sound quieter under acceleration without the stock fan in my opinion.

The electric fan addition allows the motor to produce around 30 extra hp. or so I'm told.

You will enjoy the Sc if you decide to go that way. Even without the elct fans. Next summer before my warranty expires I may have the dealership replace the stock fan if I am still having trouble.

As a side note I went to Moab the week after the install and ran around all day on the trails for a week with the AC running and had absolutely no troubles at all. The air temp never got above 90 while I was in Moab and that may have been the major reason for my successful trip.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

Awesome! I can't wait to get mine installed.

Question - is the Corsa "Touring" the louder exhaust or the quieter one? How is the engine/exhaust sound (dB level) with the headers, SC and exhaust compare to stock?
Old 08-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Hummer Deity

The "Touring" is the quieter of the two offered by Corsa. Here is the link if you want to hear the difference.
Corsa Performance

In case the link doesn't work just do a search on Google for Corsa Exhaust. or go to corsaperf.com and follow the links.

engine/Exhaust sound; at idle you would not know that anything has been done to the rig. Perhaps a bit lower rumble but nothing you can hear inside the cabin. The SC is completly quiet at idle. Put your foot into it and just watch heads turn as you scream down the street. Just be careful and watch for cops. They'll hear you coming before the radar picks you up. The SC has a distinct sound when under acceleration.

If you do much hwy driving you will happy to know that any resonates inside the cab from the exhaust are pretty much undetectable. It is as quiet as stock was except under acceleration then you know even in the cab with the windows rolled up that you've done something to the engine.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Hummer Deity

One other thing if you do decide to go with an aftermarket exhaust like Corsa make sure to have the exhaust exit where the stock pipe ends under the rig. The crome tips look great but they will be the first thing to go or be damaged if you ever do any off-roading.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

Very informative info thanks a ton.

How necessary do you deem the headers in the equation? My dealer does the exhaust (magna), corsa exhaust, volant intake but doesn't install headers. Says there's too many problems involved.

Also, did the electric fans help your AC? I heard they do.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Hummer Deity

I never had an issue with AC but I have heard of people claiming that there AC was not running cold. I suspect that doing anything to make the engine work easier would help the other various engine systems.

Headers: It's a personal choice you need to make.

I can tell you that from the research I've done the various coatings like "Ceramic" and there are others but these coatings allow the headers to dissipate more heat than the stock manifold. I have spoken with several people I know and trust that build motors and they have all said the same thing that headers, one allow the engine to breath better than stock manifolds and two handle heat dissipation better. Yet I still seam to have had a heat issue with a plastic part located near the headers. I don't know if I would have had the same problem with the stock manifold. From what these engine builders are telling me I suspect the answer is yes. You can't put a piece of plastic containing electronics near a heat source and expect to to function for long.

My advice since you are having your dealer do the install which is great in my opinion and the way to go would be to leave the headers off.

Chances are unless you tow something you're not going to see the gains. Do I believe that coated headers dissipate more heat than the stock manifold? Yes. Do I think that it makes much difference? A difference that you can feel? No. But since I didn't do my modifications in stages I don't have a point of reference to base those opinions on. I changed everything out all at once shortly after purchasing the H2. I didn’t have much time develop much of an opinion on the stock H2 other than I hated driving from here to Ca and dealing with the constant surge the motor and or trans was making while going up hills because the H2 in it’s stock from is under powered for its weight.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Hummer Novice

H24U is off the scale

What flexalite fans model number did use?
Old 08-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Hummer Deity

H24U
Posted 08-11-05 06:59 PM
What flexalite fans model number did use?

I don't know the exact model that the dealer ordered but looking at the flex-a-lite site it looks like it's the Monster Fan 290. And from what I see on under there dyno facts is that the fans allow a gain of 17hp not the 30hp that the dealer pitched. Doesn't matter really the fans do a great job of cooling the engine so long as they are functional.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Hummer Novice

H24U is off the scale

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

You can use GM fans for the 2500. They're dual electric and also have an outer ring attaching all the blades together. It makes for a more sturdy fan body, then the Flex-a-Lite.

This is a pic of my experience after hitting water with the Flex-a-Lite. The right one shredded.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Hummer Deity

Ken,
Thanks. I live in the desert and the only off-roading I've done is in Moab. Neither place has much water to worry about.

If I can't get the fans I have to stabilize and function correctly I will look into the fans you suggest.

I believe Felx-a-lite has also come out with a series of fans with a connecting ring for the blades. I don't know if they have an application with that config that will work with the H2.

Thanks again.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CHarris:
Where did you get the shorty antenna and how much did it cost you?
Cory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try here...
Old 08-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Hummer Deity

most dealers carry them or they can get them. I'm not sure where my dealer picked the one I have up at.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Xenowulf is off the scale

Ken
I have a 05 SUT and I'd like to install an electric fan. You said "You can use GM fans for the 2500". How about the fan shroud? Is that from a GM 2500 or are you using the Flex-A-Lite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
You can use GM fans for the 2500. They're dual electric and also have an outer ring attaching all the blades together. It makes for a more sturdy fan body, then the Flex-a-Lite.

This is a pic of my experience after hitting water with the Flex-a-Lite. The right one shredded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

2500 Fans come with it's own shroud. It is complete except for the wiring harnes from Nelson Perf. You then need to have it programed at dealer to tell fan when to come on and go off. I use the coolest setting.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 09-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

What are the HP/TQ for Maga Charger install on stock 2005 H2 SUV? Is it best to put some miles on a new engine before installing the supercharger? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Hummer Deity

agreed take the engine threw its normal break in period before adding the SC.

As for hp and torque. I have 500-hp at the block and I believe the toque was 625. Those numbers provided by the LAPD's 4x4 dyno (Los Angeles Performance Division) in Chatsworth Ca.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:29 AM

Timster is off the scale

Very cool.
I'm Drooling!
Old 10-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

Thank you for the information. The magnacharger is on my wish list and can't wait to get it but have to get HID lights first.