H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale
Default Anyone done the diesel conversion?

Just curious if anyone on here has actually parted with the large sum of cash and done the Duramax conversion. A few companies do the conversions, which did you use?

Too much $$$ for me but wondering if people are happy with it.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

nmu98 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone done the diesel conversion?

I have seen two if them. A fairly local shop does them, and they have a lot of d-maxes sitting around, so its not always as expensve as one would think.... If they are not busy, its reasonable. The issue as I see it, is not putting the diesel in the engine compartment, its about fitting in the mamoth allison that its mated to..........
Old 05-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

You got that right ,i belive you need to massage the trans tunel quite a bit. I have had the Allison out of my 2005 chevy ext cab 4x4 Dmax (LLY) 2500 truck to put a Suncoast IV and converter in it and it is HUGE and very heavy . if you put a heavy tune 100 hp or more you will fry the alli,and I did at 25000 miles .with the Suncoast that won't be a problem again ,rear tires are the problem .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

nmu98 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA51
You got that right ,i belive you need to massage the trans tunel quite a bit. I have had the Allison out of my 2005 chevy ext cab 4x4 Dmax (LLY) 2500 truck to put a Suncoast IV and converter in it and it is HUGE and very heavy . if you put a heavy tune 100 hp or more you will fry the alli,and I did at 25000 miles .with the Suncoast that won't be a problem again ,rear tires are the problem .

LOL... Suncoast makes a good product..... Everytime I hear someone talk about them, It makes me think about Joe Webb and his death, and how horrible it had to be for his friend to have to drag him back on the boat... Last I heard they still think it was a heart attack as they came up....

I know the LLY is sort of a head headed stepchild and has always been significantly lowwer on power than the LB7 or LBZ... But some of the guys have got the EFI Live programs kickin for it... Lots of fun, but your always chasing a weak component!
Old 05-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

when the LLY came out there wasn't a lot of programeing for it ,now there is and there guys in California McRat for one tht have broke into the 11's on #2 alone,from what I hear . the LB7 was a good motor ,but the design had major flaws such as fuel injectors under the valve covers so when they failed your crank case filled with fule and trashed the engine .the Lbz is the best of the bunch and if i'm still alive and kickin in 2009 when they change to the new frame I'll get one .though I don't like the Idea of a particulate trap that needs cleaning and with a tune it may be a problem. and yes EfI live is the hot ticket . at this time I belive the LLY can hold it's own power wise wit a LB7 . the LLY and the LBZ are very close in design the LBZ has less compression and a slightly beefer block . my LLY has been flawless so far and I drive it like I stole it ,I can tow a 10000 lb toy hauler up sunset point on the way to flagstaff in 115 degree heat and not over heat . It has been the best truck I have ever owned .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Elcova Newbie

dmaxh1 is on a distinguished road

Yes my name is andrew I do the duramax conversions and we put the cummins with the allison in the hummer or dmax we are by word of mouth or conversions start at 18,900 and that is for the base dmax lbz six speed allison transfercase front and rear drive shaft radiator and intercooler wiring harnesses ecm tcm power mods are extra you can contact us at 651 434 5760 we are doing a 1999 h1 4man ht converting it to a real slant back with alpa interior and dmax contact us with any q thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Elcova Rookie

bmrtire is on a distinguished road

Johnathan Goodwin of H-Line did mine. 500 HP, 22 mpg on hwy. I am having hydrogen installed as of right now.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

Lean Machine is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrtire
Johnathan Goodwin of H-Line did mine. 500 HP, 22 mpg on hwy. I am having hydrogen installed as of right now.

How much for the install (excluding the hydrogen install)

\'08 H2 Lux White SUT with Sedona interior - SOLD

\'08 H2 Lux White SUT with Sedona interior and 6'' Fabtech Lift
Old 08-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Elcova Newbie

Predator Motorsports is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxh1
Yes my name is andrew I do the duramax conversions and we put the cummins with the allison in the hummer or dmax we are by word of mouth or conversions start at 18,900 and that is for the base dmax lbz six speed allison transfercase front and rear drive shaft radiator and intercooler wiring harnesses ecm tcm power mods are extra you can contact us at 651 434 5760 we are doing a 1999 h1 4man ht converting it to a real slant back with alpa interior and dmax contact us with any q thanks

Be careful. This guy is a scam artist. He has already scamed many Hummer owners! He probably has stolen a good 100K plus. Check out the following link. His real name is posibly Blake Mastin or Blake Andrew Sundvor. Check out the following link: http://www.alldieselmotorsports.com/...hp/t-2918.html

"View Full Version : Con artist Beware

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POWERSTROKE RACER02-26-2007, 02:45 PM
I was asked to post this by some concerned vendors/members.
Dear Dealer Network,

It has come to my attention that we have a very unethical/immoral individual trying to represent our product. This individual has a sentencing date in Jefferson County on 4-16-07 @ 1:15 for 3 charges/counts of theft Felony 3 and Felony 4 as well as a violation of bail bond conditions. The prosecutor is Christopher T. Brousseau.

This individual has caused many problems with companies, along with friends of mine that we respect and do business with. He seems to have a history of promising the world and delivering nothing for free product. He has also misused customer credit cards.

I am strongly encouraging our dealer network and any dealers they sell to not to conduct any business with him. Please, do not sell any FASS products to him. We build a high quality piece of equipment. The perception of our quality depends upon the quality of the dealers? presentation.

The individuals name is Blake Andrew Sundvor and goes by Blake Mastin. The company he is using now is Max Psi Performance or as see on the internet as maxpsiperformance.com.

Please pass this on throughout the companies you may do business with.

Have a great day,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

imelmo02-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Nice. You know, I think he's one of my MySpace friends. I'll have to go check.

mech216102-26-2007, 07:11 PM
I put it out on a couple boards.

POWERSTROKE RACER02-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Funny thing is every vendor I know in the diesel performance world has had similar things to say about this guy.

mech216102-26-2007, 08:53 PM
In my business I see most everyone face to face. Makes a big difference.

Timbeaux38!02-27-2007, 02:55 PM
This Tard is still around? We have been hearing about this fool since last summer. Wonder if he ever got his 1000+HP 24v on fuel built? :eggface:

Timbeaux38!02-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Nice use of punctuation

MAX PSI PERFORMANCE
IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL YOUR DIESEL PERFORMANCE NEEDS. IF YOU JUST WANT A FEW ADD-ONS FOR YOUR DIESEL TRUCK SUCH AS A CUSTOM EXHAUST KIT FOR THAT SOUND TO CATCH EVERYONES ATTENTION, OR MAYBE YOU NEED A FULL, EXTREME POWERFUL PACKAGE WITH TWIN TURBOS, PROPANE AND WATER METHANOL INJECTION THROUGH COMPETITION INJECTORS, ECM OR TCM PROGRAMMING TO INCREASE FUEL ECONOMY AS WELL AS POWER WITH A CONTROL MODULE AND A POWERFUL TRANSMISSION TO DELIVER IT ALL TO THE GROUND SO YOU CAN GO RACE A VIPER.
ALL YOUR DIESEL PERFORMANCE NEEDS, WE CAN DELIVER

MAX PSI PERFORMANCE IS LOCATED IN DETROIT LAKES, MN.
AT OUR SHOP WE OFFER INSTALLATION AND POSSIBLE ENTERY OR INVITATION IN LOCAL EVENTS. FOR MORE INFORMATION
PLEASE CONTACT
MAX PSI PERFORMANCE AT (218) 849-69

Bobcat69804-29-2008, 09:10 AM
If anyone needs to get ahold of Blake call 651-434-5760 Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

-Predator
Old 11-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Hummer Novice

bigbadcj is off the scale

I did mine myself. Got a forklift threw the body off, rolled the frame in my shop and went to yankin. Fairly easy. Predator and the other shops who do this are about 99% full of ****. The allison and motor fit fine. Its the wiring that will make you want to find jesus. I spent 3 weeks and mapped it all out. If you have patience alldatadiy.com and a tech 2. Not to bad. Id save my 40k or 30k and do it yourself. I have everything to do it thrown up on ebay for those of you feeling lucky and would like to keep you ahole intact.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Hummer Novice

Flesh is on a distinguished road

damn, id love to see some more detailed pictures on that.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadcj
I did mine myself. Got a forklift threw the body off, rolled the frame in my shop and went to yankin. Fairly easy. Predator and the other shops who do this are about 99% full of ****. The allison and motor fit fine. Its the wiring that will make you want to find jesus. I spent 3 weeks and mapped it all out. If you have patience alldatadiy.com and a tech 2. Not to bad. Id save my 40k or 30k and do it yourself. I have everything to do it thrown up on ebay for those of you feeling lucky and would like to keep you ahole intact.

Got any more pics of this build? just Curious!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Hummer Novice

Old 11-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Hummer Novice

I will take some more of the dmax whenever i get all the twigs and mud from the lake out of the engine compartment.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

RCKSTR is on a distinguished road

Did this guy dissapear off the planet? Never did post any other pics or info, emailed him a few times, no response..
Old 12-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

RCKSTR is on a distinguished road

No one has any additional info on the swap? Im going to start a thread for it step by step when I start, the wiring is the only thing holding me back. If you talk to predator,mash, or any other place that does it, they say it will make you want to find jesus. If you talk to a guy that has actually done it, they say its not that bad. I dont see how they could pull off a conversion in 4 days if it is really that bad. Im posotive they are just trying to scare us so we dont try it ourselves and pay them rediculous amounts of money for them to do it.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

BigKofJustice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I think I'm gonna have to go with the several weeks...lol.

I'm sure they could do it but I'd count on a few weeks at least.

Mark

Predator does a lot of conversions. They've even got a contract with the government to upgrade the border patrol H1's to Duramax engines from the 6.5 so they have a high turnover rate and lots of experience.

Could they do it within a week? Call up and ask, I imagine a base exchange is custom shafts [already made and in stock,] custom harness, and custom crossmembers and body lift ready to go.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:03 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Gonna cleanup this thread. I'm guilty as others are. Deleting all impertinent content....

Anyone have any helpful answers to the OP's original question, then respond... the rest of us will keep our opinion's to ourselves.

Mark
Old 08-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Elcova Newbie

ramonfernandez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean Machine
How much for the install (excluding the hydrogen install)

Sorry, I wasn't able to scan if you've commented. How much does it cost again? I would like to compare prices. Thanks!