H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

GreenH3 is off the scale

Got a call from my Atlanta dealer today and they will have one H3 in tomorrow for test drives for those who ordered. Can hardly wait!
Old 05-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

GreenH3 is off the scale

Got a call from my Atlanta dealer today and they will have one H3 in tomorrow for test drives for those who ordered. Can hardly wait!
Old 05-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

So how'd it go?
Old 05-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

GreenH3 is off the scale

It was sweeeeeet. It has about as much acceleration as my Ford Explorer Sport Trac (205 hp) but that's okay with me. It rides stiffer than the Ford due to the all wheel 4x4, frame and tires but I love that. Great view out the front windshield. Small view out the back window. Sorta feels like your driving an H2 but with much less acceleration from a standing start. I think everyone who ordered will be pleased when they finally get theirs in...unless they are expecting quick acceleration. You're not going to blow past someone on the merge ramp. If you have not seen one up close its bigger than all the other mid-size SUVs out there. Definitely sits high off the ground. If you are not very tall you better order a step up bar. The one I drove was red with all ebony interior. Everybody and their mother was staring at us on the road. Overall, loved it. Can't wait until I get mine in!
Old 05-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Green,

Thanks for the review. What engine is in your Sport Trac? I have the 5.0 in a Mountaineer but I don't recall the hp. Its got more than enough get up and go though. Not going to be out drag racing but do enjoy being able to get by slower traffic in a hurry when need be. How did the interior feel compared to your Sport Trac? I did a comparison a while back and as I recall it looked like it was going to be smaller. You said its bigger than all the other mid-size SUVs. Is it physically bigger or does the shape just give it that impression. Can't wait to drive one. I have a Slate Blue one on order but am also in line for one of the first unit to come into my dealer if I decide I don't want to wait.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GreenH3:
It was sweeeeeet. It has about as much acceleration as my Ford Explorer Sport Trac (205 hp) but that's okay with me. It rides stiffer than the Ford due to the all wheel 4x4, frame and tires but I love that. Great view out the front windshield. Small view out the back window. Sorta feels like your driving an H2 but with much less acceleration from a standing
start. I think everyone who ordered will be pleased when they finally get theirs in...unless they are expecting quick acceleration. You're not going to blow past someone on the merge ramp. If you have not seen one up close its bigger than all the other mid-size SUVs out there. Definitely sits high off the ground. If you are not very tall you better order a step up bar. The one I drove was red with all ebony interior. Everybody and their mother was staring at us on the road. Overall, loved it. Can't wait until I get mine in! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky dog!
So did it have the Ebony Leather? was it cushy or like the leather seating in a trail blazer?

Also,, WTH are the pics?
you said is road a little stiffer than your current truck. Did this have the larger tire option?
thanks in advance for your reply.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

Looks like the companies that are making turbos for the Canyon are going to have some new customers.......
Old 05-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

Thanks for the posting GreenH3, tell us more the ride is not to stiff is it? Glad you liked it so I guess it will work out for those of us who odered, I dont think the power isue will actualy be an isue, becuase I doubt that GM would put out this vehilce way under powered.
But who knows the loss of blood GM has under gone may have affected thier thinking
Old 05-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want power you pay at the pump. I love it when eveyone said mann this h2 is a pig. You can't have it all ways. The H3 will get 20mpg
If you need to go fast buy a performance car, want to kick it where no other off the showroom floor truck can go? get a HUMMER
Old 05-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

GreenH3 is off the scale

Okay, hopefully this will answer some of your questions. My Explorer ST has a 4.0L v6. The H3 felt similar in acceleration. Just enough to get the job done... just don't plan on outrunning many folks at the red lights :-) The interior of the H3 is slightly larger than the Explorer ST...especially in width (maybe 3 or 4 inches wider) The red H3 I drove had all ebony leather and it was about a 5 out of 10 on the "cushy" scale (10 being very cushy) so don't sweat that. Very comfortable. The ride was not too stiff... similar to my old '92 4runner in 4x4 mode... so I was used to that. It was more noticeable to me since my Explorer is 2WD only. The H3 I test drove did not have the 33" tires. Even with the smaller tires the H3 is physically bigger than the mid-size SUVs. It seems closer to Toyota Sequoia size and maybe an inch or two taller. BTW... the red exterior is really nice. I hope the green is as nice up close. I saw this pics on this forum and it seems okay. Red H3 owners will be very happy. I went with cashmere cloth... black leather gets too hot here in the deep South in the summer. Hope this review helps answer some of your questions... sorry for no pics...lost my camera. patience everyone, you will be very happy I think once you're in your H3!
Old 05-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Green,

Thanks of for the info. Used to have a V6 Explorer myself so I know what to expect power wise. Glad to hear it is 3"-4" wider. So the red looks good? I am going with the blue but my dealer is also bringing in a red one for me in case I decide I like it and don't want to wait on the blue. My dealer had a demo a week or so ago but didn't call me. Have to wait a few more weeks until they get another.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights