H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Hummer rep contact for PA area.

Need some help. My father's 2008 is clearly a lemon. Its been in the shop numerous times with transmission issues and it sticking in gear, not going into gear and other issues with dash, the truck locking itself, unlocking itself. The thing is possessed I think. The dealer proposed one of two things this week. Either a buyout of the truck or they want to have the hummer engineer come into the dealer and trouble shoot the truck once again and potentially install a new transmission.

The dealer advised GM that between myself (08 H2 and 08 CTS) and himself (08 H2) we have purchased alot of GM iron in the past 7 months from this dealer.

Does anyone have a contact at Hummer just incase we arent getting any satisfaction with the dealer interfacing with Hummer?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Mike

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Hummer rep contact for PA area.

Boss Hoss is right, Hummer Customer Care can do nothing and in most cases do not communicate the issue correctly in the claim for it to be processed correctly. Hummer offered me a lifetime warranty for replacement of leaking windshields, when at the end of the day, it was the passenger side roof seam that was leaking. Took the dealer 18 months to resolve and the Hummer rep did nothing, no communication, nothing.

For one thing, the dealer will never buyback your vehicle. The Hummer rep will not offer to buy your vehicle back if it is just the transmission. They do not care how many vehicles you have bought, you're just a repair order number to them. They and the dealer look at this as a vehicle in need of a warranteed repair and will do everything in their power (most cases) to make you feel good about having it repaired instead of replaced.

The only way the Hummer rep (unless he's just a super nice guy that does not like his job) will recommend replacement (buyback) of your vehicle is if it is clearly a safety issue. This particular issue would be very borderline in that respect. You will need legal help to make it happen and probably ought to look at the fine print in your state's vehicle "Lemon Law".

I hope I'm wrong and you have better experience, but I see them stringing you along until they find the problem and fix it. They explained to me that this is what the warranty is for, making repairs.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point

Last year in February, I decided to pay off whatever I owed on the truck, came to around $25-30,000 or so. Do you think that I got a thank you or a free oilchange or anything? I didn't even get a phone call acknowledging the payment. Thats really poor customer service.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

jdrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDimitri
Last year in February, I decided to pay off whatever I owed on the truck, came to around $25-30,000 or so. Do you think that I got a thank you or a free oilchange or anything? I didn't even get a phone call acknowledging the payment. Thats really poor customer service.

I don't get it... You expected something free (or a thank you for not making us repo your truck!) for holding up your end of the contract? (yes, I understand you paid a large amount at 1 time to pay it off.)

Maybe if I pay my house off, I will get a new lawn..!

H.O.P.E. Member

Last edited by jdrew : 05-31-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Hummer Authority

It was the dealer and the hummer engineer that suggested either the tranny replacement or the buyout. Dad didnt ask for the buyout.

The issue is very safety related due to the tranny wont upshift out of first or second gear. Merging onto a freeway with a truck that wont upshift is quite a serious issue.

He's taking it back to the dealer this week for them to trouble shoot one last time.

I was just wondering if there was a regional manager or someone that we could reach out to if the normal channels didnt work out in his favor.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road

Again, the dealer has no authority to make a buyback happen. They may suggest that is a route you can pursue, if you choose. I do not think Hummer will go for it, they will do anything they can before buyback is ever mentioned.

I see your point on the possibilty of making this a safety issue, but in the end they will just replace the transmission, maybe even several times until it is resolved before they would ever consider a buyback. They fully understand the liability if they do not act on this problem and will do so accordingly. My Hummer was in the shop for 10 days of the first 2 weeks I owned it and in and out for the next 18 months before they finally found the problem. My lawyer said the only thing I could do was to file suit for "diminished" value, but would probably not win.

Adam in Co has a contact that he dealt with for issues on his Hummer, may try to contact him for the name and address. Although you need to file the claim with Customer Care, if you do not get satisfaction, they will send you a letter referring you to the BBB. I got 3 of these and the BBB is of no help for a buyback or most anything else. Who do you think pays them to be a member?

One other thing, make sure to get a receipt from the service department each time the vehicle goes in, no matter if repairs were made or not. They are real good about not providing one when you continue to bring it in to have it looked at. You will need this history to prove your case and they do not want you to have it. It's like pulling teeth sometimes to get one, but you must be persistant.

Last edited by Devis1957 : 05-31-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devis1957
Again, the dealer has no authority to make a buyback happen. They may suggest that is a route you can pursue, if you choose. I do not think Hummer will go for it, they will do anything they can before buyback is ever mentioned.

I see your point on the possibilty of making this a safety issue, but in the end they will just replace the transmission, maybe even several times until it is resolved before they would ever consider a buyback. They fully understand the liability if they do not act on this problem and will do so accordingly. My Hummer was in the shop for 10 days of the first 2 weeks I owned it and in and out for the next 18 months before they finally found the problem. My lawyer said the only thing I could do was to file suit for "diminished" value, but would probably not win.

Adam in Co has a contact that he dealt with for issues on his Hummer, may try to contact him for the name and address. Although you need to file the claim with Customer Care, if you do not get satisfaction, they will send you a letter referring you to the BBB. I got 3 of these and the BBB is of no help for a buyback or most anything else. Who do you think pays them to be a member?

One other thing, make sure to get a receipt from the service department each time the vehicle goes in, no matter if repairs were made or not. They are real good about not providing one when you continue to bring it in to have it looked at. You will need this history to prove your case and they do not want you to have it. It's like pulling teeth sometimes to get one, but you must be persistant.

Thanks for the tips. I'll pass them along to dear ole Dad.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

blackhawk29 is on a distinguished road

my truck as well does not downshift, it bogs out in a second gear acceleration, and i have had to floor it sometimes just to get it going. it amazes me that these vehicles passed testing. i think it has to do with the change of the gear ratio. My 05 was faster. just recently it started delaying going into gear from park. it takes about 5 to 7 seconds for it to engage into drive. I have had a number of issues with this truck and only wish i kept my 05. I think i am going to trade it for a denali in 09' Or if they figure out the issues maybe trade for an 09' h2.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Hummer Authority

you know i noticed that mine is...for lack of a better term, bogging down a little starting out. I thought it might be due to me using regular fuel in it. I am going to take up with hi test to see if that helps it. How many miles are on yours? around 7K on mine