H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

I have been all over the net looking for people talking about the H3....almost nothing. No buzz at all. If there is no buzz, will it sell? I am almost certain if they price it too high, it will be sitting on lots until sanity comes in. On this board, only a couple of us are talking about it, I have started some brief threads elsewhere, but basically I see NO interest anywhere. Hummer....you listening?
Old 02-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Hummer Professional

I have been all over the net looking for people talking about the H3....almost nothing. No buzz at all. If there is no buzz, will it sell? I am almost certain if they price it too high, it will be sitting on lots until sanity comes in. On this board, only a couple of us are talking about it, I have started some brief threads elsewhere, but basically I see NO interest anywhere. Hummer....you listening?
Old 02-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, my personal opinion is that people are affraid to talk about the name "Hummer" alot in public and stick thier name by it. While I like all Hummers I do see alot of stigma surrounded by the H2 from non-hummer owners and quite frankly i see the same negative "I am L33T (leet)" kinda attitude from the H2 community as well.

I have owned many brands of cars and honestly this brand has by far been the cockyiest community I have been around.

My opinion about the community has nothing to do with my plans on purchasing one and it will not stop me. But I am disappointed in the "attitudes" around. My examples would be: "Why are they building the H3? Its not worth diluting the brand name" kinda posts. This is sad - other H1 and H2 owners should rejoice that thier brand is growing and the addition of the H3 will only help solidify the name Hummer and help sustain it in the long run to keep the brand around for a lont time.

/rant off
Old 02-21-2005, 01:44 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well it's a missed opportunity in most respects to utilize something for alienation rather than inclusion. H2 owners know full well the alienation that has been bestowed upon us and I dare say that most owners are not the cocky elitist that you say we are. First you can't define a group of 70K or so people by simply what they drive.

Don't listen to the naysayers, get you an H3 and come join the Hummer family and let's have some fun.

Just remember you will be the new kid in the locker room, so there will be a little hazing.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Hummer Guru

Paragon, please dont think I mean everyone is this way. But I have seen it and been treated like an unworthy person myself by members.

I hope the H3 changes all of this by allowing more owners to come together to share input and ideas and trail trips together without hype and prejudice in mind.

Trust me, I will "simply enjoy" my H3 as it will be a beater for my household and it has nothing to prove other than >15 mpg =)
Old 02-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bparker:
Paragon, please dont think I mean everyone is this way. But I have seen it and been treated like an unworthy person myself by members. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well...... maybe the problem is you then. Maybe you ARE unworthy.

Just kidding. Besides, I as an H2 owner, will be happy to pull you out when you get stuck in your little H3 all of the time. Is that the type of comments you are referring to?

Again, don't worry about it all. Hopefully this whole Hummer community thing will get worked out and as I said before, be more inclusive rather than exclusive in respect to owners of all vehicles with the name Hummer stamped on them.

PS - Those first 2 paragraphs were jokes in case someone didn't catch the little winky-dink smilies.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Hummer Guru

HAHAHA! Yes, please keep a tow rope in hand at all times when I am around as I am known to drive off the path straight into ponds and off into deep ravines!

Anyhow, no it wasnt comments like that as thats just plain fun to poke at one another. =)
Old 02-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Well after visiting with the veteran H2 owners etc. and realising I did not go thru what they did with H1 guys I realised that My negative attitude was counter productive and now when someone ask Me what I think about them getting an H3 I tell them go for it. You'll be family just My little brother the way H2 guys should have been looked at from what I heard the way they were treated. I just let them go and tell them i want to get a ride and drive and welcome to the family have fun. I'm hoping it will bring more people under the HUMMER name and take some heat of the H2's.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I still say the H3 is going to be a hit. I know of a couple of female friends that are planning on buying H3s as soon as they're available.
I will welcome H3 owners with open arms and invite them out for wheeling just like everyone else... unless they have pissy little whiney bitch attitudes.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:00 AM
Hummer Professional

jfox is an unknown quantity at this point

Since when did we get an H3 section!?!?

J.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:37 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I'm with you there DRTYFN. Just no attitude and no bitching too would keep Me on the side of the h3.
TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
I still say the H3 is going to be a hit. I know of a couple of female friends that are planning on buying H3s as soon as they're available.
I will welcome H3 owners with open arms and invite them out for wheeling just like everyone else... unless they have pissy little whiney bitch attitudes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-24-2005, 11:46 PM

Kahloq is off the scale

Honestly, there are a lot more ppl out there that are interested in the H3 then you know. There are two ppl in my transportation office at my company that want to buy one and they've never heard of this forum before. These two are the type of ppl to be visitng forums either. So, take heart, I do think the H3 will sell well, but it may take a few months after its release. Ppl will see them on the street and start to inquire about them more.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

Sharkster is off the scale

Well, I'm from Germany and I can tell you that the H3 has started quite a buzz here (for an American car). It's a shame GM doesn't export it to Germany... but then again... I can do that.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

Well they will be in Europe. Also will be built in South Africa and those will be right hand drive.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Hummer Professional

H3 Builder...welcome to our site. I hope you will be a wealth of wisdom. You will also find this site a great place to monitor to take back early production problems noted by new owners. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to be here. I hope I can help and provide some good information.