H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Great service experience and Hall

Had to take my H2SUT in to Lynch Hummer and have the back up cam module looked at. The technician showed me what he was doing with console off and said he was relocating the module to an area with less heat, so it would last longer. All under warranty, in a comfortable service lounge watching a 50 inch plasma, drinking free vanilla latte. GREAT SERVICE experience, and in and out in under an hour and half, including the installation of a black billet locking gas cover (I'm not a bling kind of guy). This is the way all Hummer service departments should be!
While at the parts desk we started talking about the Rod Hall SUT and one of the guys there knows him. He said he makes some of the best shocks in the world, but his offroad driving ability is what sets Rod apart from the rest. He said very few people realize how tough the H2s come directly from the factory, and trying a jump like Rod makes would send many transfer cases crashing to the ground on foreign SUVs. As we talked, he got a phone call from Tokyo for a guy that needed an H1 part and he said, "Oh yeh, that's a 234xxx7 (whatever without even looking at the computer screen), do you need it next day overseas?" These guys really know Hummers!
Also, a guy was sitting in the service area having his new H2 serviced. He had traded an H2 in a year and a half ago and said "I missed it the whole time and was never happy in my smaller Honda CRV." We both agreed that there was never a better time to buy an H2. As for trade in, he said, so what?...... these aren't collector cars or 63 split windown vettes you buy for appreciation in value, these are tough, fun offroad machines that are extremely comfortable on the road... I agree with him there too! As a cancer survivor, your life becomes much clearer as to values, and H2s are extremely fun, big toys, that we all buy for different reasons, and extreme fun and big toys are expensive - life is short, so carpe diem!
My hats off to the Lynch Hummer service department ... excellent job and atmosphere!
One of the high ups at Lynch said talk of the demise of the H2 is VERY premature. GM is run by stockholders and bean counters, but also engineers, designers and car & machinery finatics who consider the Hummer and Corvette, GM's premier brands. The next generation H2 is probably on hold, but the future of the H2 is not, and the newer models will have minor tweaks (colors etc) They have been assured by GM that the H2 will continue to be built, but probably not the next generation H2. He said, to look for more optional features to be standard on the new H2s.

Last edited by HummerJim : 05-22-2008 at 08:04 PM.