H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

JoeHummer is on a distinguished road
Default Places to go and People to go with

I have an 05 Suv Lux with Nav and just got a chance to go on the Hummer Happening. Now I am really wanting to go off road and have fun (got bit by the bug).

I live in the Rogers area of Northwest Arkansas and am looking for places to go and people to go with. My H2 is still stock with the exception of some "bling" that I now want to get rid of.

Does anyone have any ideas about finding people and places to go in my area?

Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: Places to go and People to go with

Call Landers Hummer the dealer in your area. They set trips to the Superlift offroad site in Hot Springs, Akansas. The dealer branch in your area may have some spots around you they can recommend as well. You are close enough to Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri lines they may know of more places in the those states as well.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks TAZ. Do you know of any sites that will show all the off road areas in Arkansas? Fayetteville Hummer (aka Landers) doesn't have the information.

How about clubs in this area? I noticed there is not a Hummer X Club up here. Interested in starting one? Or do you not get off road? I have only been once to any kind of off roading and that was the Hummer Happening 2 weeks ago at Five Oaks Lodge. It was a great time you should have been there.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHummer
How about clubs in this area? I noticed there is not a Hummer X Club up here. Interested in starting one? Or do you not get off road? I have only been once to any kind of off roading and that was the Hummer Happening 2 weeks ago at Five Oaks Lodge. It was a great time you should have been there.
Hahaha!!!! You obviously haven't seen Taz's truck. That thing doesn't even see unsterile AIR!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Hahaha!!!! You obviously haven't seen Taz's truck. That thing doesn't even see unsterile AIR!

I think it reamins in a "Clean Room" and is temp. controlled more acurate than a Pharma Company's lab.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Check with Landers in Benton, AR. They are planing an off-road trip soon.

I do not off-road even though it is capable. It would take about an hour to change a few things. My rig is a show rig for now. Later she will get dirty. She does get to roll on sunny days. Right now We are heavily sponsored and so Dragon and I have to go to shows to represent the sponsors. She is kept in a climate controlled area when She is at home.

Right now Dragon has the Mall Queen doing electronic upgrades like 12" touchscreen in center dash. It has been a tough job since we have to relocate factory climate and traction controls. Dragon is having to make a custom center dash piece to allow install of 12" screen. When Dragon finishes i will put some pics on the forum.

We have a few magazine options that has been presented to Us. 1) for some real trick use of things that i do not think anyone but, Dragon and shop boss could have come up with. 2) an online mag that owns Rides publication for the looks of the trick dash and full length center console all past second row captians, and 3) maybe 2 mags when we go for the speed runs. Have no idea if one, none or all will happen. We have been contacted.

We do not have any of the factory sound and other stuff it is all removed and replaced with some wild stuff by sponsors. I think the Onstar box is all that has been kept. We have an on board PC added as far as NAV, audio, video, tuning, and other things. We use the factory PCM and body control modules so that it is basicly a stock H2. Infinity is in all stock locations not counting also the places Dragon decided to add some stuff. We have to represent HPTUNERS, Magnuson supercharger, Infinity audio, and just more than i can think off right now. Some large and some small.

I'm waiting on Dragon to finish so i can begin the serious tuning. I want to run boost on up and set as high a topend speed as I can reach in a mile speed trap using a brick with wheels in open class to give other SUV's a target to go after and then i will go back and set it again, I hope. The Texas Mile holds it twice a year so Dragon and I are working for the late October runs. She may look pretty but, even at 7500lbs. You better pack your lunch if you want to run a stock motor with performance add-ons like we do. I have allot of performance sponsored equip. that helps make all this work. We are working to see how much the stock motor will handle without doing anything internal. She is nicknamed "The Beastly Beauty". I'm not going to beat all comers but, if they are running a stock motor as i do they need real good tuning to squeeze power to point of blowing up. I cannot help it I just like to make what ever I drive run fast. So who knows if I splatter myself and the rig all over the strip running the mile trap it is not going to matter if it looks good anymore. The really nice thing and an edge is the 4X4 whole shot the H2 gives. I have spun all 4 but, learned how to not do it when i want a clean launch. All 4 tires pulling is amazing when You see how far You can jump out in front of another ride while they are spinning. I would not be worried to race most anything just for fun of it.

I do not know of any clubs in AR for Hummers but, I have not ever looked. I show up at the state Hummer contest at the main Hummer dealer in Benton. I watch others drop out of contest when We pull in they leave or hang around to see who get's 2nd on down. It sounds bad and I feel bad but, others could do the same or another class could be added. Then I would not have anyone to compete with so that is no fun. We noticed in 06 that some of the other brand of SUV's did not show to compete. Have not lost state since first time I entered in 2004 with my 05. I hold the wins in most any of the big shows that I decide I want to go to but, mainly it is because a sponsor wants me to go. I would just as soon not go most times but, it helps promote Dragon on His shop that does the paint and body as well anything else we think off. It is more important to me to show off Dragon's work than worring about others. We do try to accomadate other sponsor but, it is based on who put the most in gets first choice.

Hope I get to run into You and say Hi. I have not had the rig at Landers in Your area. They are smaller shop up there so not counting if we take rig out of state there are enough major shows that come through Little Rock. My dealer wants Us to make some promos to show owners what can be done with a H2. So we may get up in your area and if we do I will shoot you a PM through this site.

Good luck on finding off roading places. As far as having numbers to help promote a Hummer club in our state I will be glad to join. I just will have to ride with someone else's H2 on outings for now. Dragon most likely would come also. If nothing else he could bring his monster Chevy diesel with 400HP at th ground and 800ft. lbs. of torgue. With extended cab he is a little long to off-road in small obstical course but, he would do well for sure in just mud runs. We call it the Tow Pig. Dragon works with anything that comes in the door and really gifted with rice rockets or tuners which ever you want to call them. He even has worked with crotch rockets.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Taz:

Sounds like a real show piece. If you need any chrome pieces let me know. I am in the process of changing over to all black. I made the bad (for me) decision to go with chrome out of the box. Looked good on the show room floor but I like the black now that I am finally making time in my schedule to off-road.

PM me with the address to your shop. I am in LR a couple of times next week and would like to see what you have done.

By the way, I did see the dealer in Benton, they really have a lot of stock in both H2 and H3.

Good luck again at state.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a Arkansas 4x4 site, I didn't look into it with much detail but from what I have heard there are some places out there.

http://arkansascrawlers.com/yabb/YaB...rd=Trail_Rides

http://www.ozark4x4.com/ - and Ozark

You can check it out for close trails. Since you haven't much experience, you will have to be careful about your fist ventures and do what is comfortable for you.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

I would recommend looking on the H3 section at screen name "Hunner" s postings. Ive communicated with him on couple occasions and beside from being a nice guy i bet he knows the area very well. I think he is also a trail guide at Superlift. Im not sure how far you are willing to drive but we do a trip to Tellico 2x's per year and its a great time.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25441

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Check ...TAZ

Can someone give me Cliff's Notes on teh Taz's post? I ain't reading that and getting another headache.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

errett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHummer
I have an 05 Suv Lux with Nav and just got a chance to go on the Hummer Happening. Now I am really wanting to go off road and have fun (got bit by the bug).

I live in the Rogers area of Northwest Arkansas and am looking for places to go and people to go with. My H2 is still stock with the exception of some "bling" that I now want to get rid of.

Does anyone have any ideas about finding people and places to go in my area?

Thanks for all the help.

I am in Maumelle and Landers is having a Hummer Happening at the Superlift Park this Saturday, 4/14. Just give them a call and get on the list.

BTW - I like the all black route...

I will be at the park Saturday, don't know who else will be there.

E

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2012 BMW X5 xDrive50i
Old 04-11-2007, 04:14 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Can someone give me Cliff's Notes on teh Taz's post? I ain't reading that and getting another headache.