H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Elcova Rookie

ducati996 is on a distinguished road
Default ARGH!!! My H2 has start auto shifting into Netural mode

All,

I noticed in the past couple of days that when I started driving my 2003 H2 that the Red Neutural light is turned. By default its always on Up 4 gear mode right? now I see the red neutural mode light right above my low 4 mode is turned on. This is not happenings everytime I drive the H2 but have seen it happen at least 10 times in the past few days...any thoughts what might be going on??? my warranty just ran out on my 03 H2 and everytime i take it to the dealer they wanna charge an arm and a leg for inspections and etc...

I would appriceate your help....

Thanks
Old 04-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ARGH!!! My H2 has start auto shifting into Netural mode

Just for clarity sakes, you mean that your truck is automatically shifting into neutral on it's own? Or just the neutral light indicator coming on by itself? Just a bit more clarity would be helpful.

Cheers!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Hummer Novice

Wylee72 is on a distinguished road

How do you switch one into neutral... What combination of buttons do you press?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylee72
How do you switch one into neutral... What combination of buttons do you press?

Your answer lies here >>>>Download this .PDF: Transfer Case Operation
Old 04-10-2007, 06:22 AM
Elcova Rookie

so the red light comes on indicating that the car is in neutral transfer case mode....I am not doing any of the combinations stated in the pfd file stated to put the gears in neutural...so the red light comes on and I feel like the car slips a bit... e.g. driving in free way about 50mph then let go of gas and give it gas...it tries to engage but takes it a few moments to pick up feels like the rev goes up but the gears dont want to engage....

I am totally lost =( damn hummer dealer just did an all fluid change on my car last week...and after that feels worse now and actually the red neutural light issue has been happening since then...also found out my transfer case bolt was hand tighten when they worked on the car..not sure what to do now...any advise?

thanks
Old 04-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Elcova Rookie

its the red light that is right above the 4 low transfer case button...for flat bed towing mode...
Old 04-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Hummer Professional

mdoyle is on a distinguished road

If you had fluid service at the dealer and now you're experienceing operational problems, the answer is, "take it back to the dealer".

If you start messing around with things yourself you'll be taking responsibility for the problem yourself, and it could be a problem that may cost thousands to correct.

On some transmissions the filter is gasketed between itself and the valve body, if one of those gaskets is misaligned during service it can cause fluid starvation to that gallery resulting in slipping bands and quick failure.

Take it back and make sure its corrected and ask the Service Advisor to include a notation so if you experience failure down the road from this service issue, you're covered.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoyle
If you had fluid service at the dealer and now you're experienceing operational problems, the answer is, "take it back to the dealer".

If you start messing around with things yourself you'll be taking responsibility for the problem yourself, and it could be a problem that may cost thousands to correct.

On some transmissions the filter is gasketed between itself and the valve body, if one of those gaskets is misaligned during service it can cause fluid starvation to that gallery resulting in slipping bands and quick failure.

Take it back and make sure its corrected and ask the Service Advisor to include a notation so if you experience failure down the road from this service issue, you're covered.

ABSOLUTELY! Take the rig back ASAP! If you had a service done to your transmission and it was working fine prior to them servicing it, take it back right away. You should ask as to what system they used to service your tranny, do you know if they flushed it? and if so, what type of flush was it? Reason why I ask, is that some flushes do not remove the all the old fluid out completely and some use a forward and reverse flush, the last thing a transmisssion needs is gung being driven back up through it so that it clogs valves and chambers. Here is a nice link to transmission flushing and it's pro's and con's. Transmission Flushing need to know! Keep us posted.

Cheers!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

nmu98 is on a distinguished road

Something is up with your T case, or the programing. I do not know if they are the same programming of t cases, but my 03 chevy dmax had the same issue. there was a recall and reflash that fixed it. Hope its something simple like that. get back to the dealer asap