H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-31-2005, 12:57 AM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

Today I played inside the H3 for an hour or so. My veiw point as follows: The overall interior is excellent, the controls and knobs are very smooth in turning from left to right, they click with percision feel and movement, the knobs are soft rubber coated for a good and profesional feel, large and easy to handle. Windows move up and down well, the window frames are tall but you can easliy hang your elbow out while driving, a little uncomfortable but ok. the power seats have plenty of manuvering for any comfort you want, the leather is very soft and feels to be of good quality, one note would be that my hand barely fit between the seat and the door > to use the power seat buttons > when the door is closed. It was very tight and uncliped my watch twice, also note that the plastic seat frame around the lower portion of the drivers seat, was somewhat poor quality, already from little use and probably from getting in and out of the vehilce, the plastic lower portion was already pushed out from the cut outs for the power seat buttons and the power seat bottons were set deep behind this plastic casing and the buttons were very dificult to use becuase they were pushed in behind the cut outs for them. This was not the case on the pasanger side > the plastice lower portion of the seat casing was tight and the butons purtruded out of the cut outs for them. On the driver side I noticed that beucase the vehicle is very high to step into > it appeared to me that constant geting in and out put presure on the plastic lower casing and seemed to have shifted it or moved it, also I noticed that the leather had already aquired a memory in the same area, with lines and wrinkles that looked like over time this would rip, this vehilce had no assist steps so when getting in you prop your ass on the edge and pull your weight up and slide into the seat so this is what was happening becuase of this. the rest of the interior is great. Yes you may expeirience some blind spots becuase of the window hieghts but the out side mirrors are large and should compensate for the veiw from side to side inside the car. The doors are thick and solid, and close with the tightness of a european sedan. overall I felt like i was inside a true luxury vehilce and not your average suv or truck it was on the money for quality and build, not small inside but snug almost sports carish yes thats right > to me it felt very sporty not big and truck like. the rear door is heavy but opens and closes very smoothly with out much effort, the jack should be moved from the rear door compartment and placed in the empty wheel whell compartment so that the rear door window could become operational > this would be very helpful if possiable. alittle disapointing is the front bumper plastic > the black lower front bumper casing seemed a bit cheap > was very thin and hollow behind the and to the sides of the fog lamps > but maybe this is better then some thick plastice piece that would coast more to replace when broken only this one appeared to be easlily broken especaily the cut outs on the right and left of the fog lamps. Anyway I stillthink this is a great truck and I cant wait to get mine, still waiting dealer said first week of june now. He also said the they were already paying the interest on their fist 25 H3s and they did not get them yet.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:57 AM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

Today I played inside the H3 for an hour or so. My veiw point as follows: The overall interior is excellent, the controls and knobs are very smooth in turning from left to right, they click with percision feel and movement, the knobs are soft rubber coated for a good and profesional feel, large and easy to handle. Windows move up and down well, the window frames are tall but you can easliy hang your elbow out while driving, a little uncomfortable but ok. the power seats have plenty of manuvering for any comfort you want, the leather is very soft and feels to be of good quality, one note would be that my hand barely fit between the seat and the door > to use the power seat buttons > when the door is closed. It was very tight and uncliped my watch twice, also note that the plastic seat frame around the lower portion of the drivers seat, was somewhat poor quality, already from little use and probably from getting in and out of the vehilce, the plastic lower portion was already pushed out from the cut outs for the power seat buttons and the power seat bottons were set deep behind this plastic casing and the buttons were very dificult to use becuase they were pushed in behind the cut outs for them. This was not the case on the pasanger side > the plastice lower portion of the seat casing was tight and the butons purtruded out of the cut outs for them. On the driver side I noticed that beucase the vehicle is very high to step into > it appeared to me that constant geting in and out put presure on the plastic lower casing and seemed to have shifted it or moved it, also I noticed that the leather had already aquired a memory in the same area, with lines and wrinkles that looked like over time this would rip, this vehilce had no assist steps so when getting in you prop your ass on the edge and pull your weight up and slide into the seat so this is what was happening becuase of this. the rest of the interior is great. Yes you may expeirience some blind spots becuase of the window hieghts but the out side mirrors are large and should compensate for the veiw from side to side inside the car. The doors are thick and solid, and close with the tightness of a european sedan. overall I felt like i was inside a true luxury vehilce and not your average suv or truck it was on the money for quality and build, not small inside but snug almost sports carish yes thats right > to me it felt very sporty not big and truck like. the rear door is heavy but opens and closes very smoothly with out much effort, the jack should be moved from the rear door compartment and placed in the empty wheel whell compartment so that the rear door window could become operational > this would be very helpful if possiable. alittle disapointing is the front bumper plastic > the black lower front bumper casing seemed a bit cheap > was very thin and hollow behind the and to the sides of the fog lamps > but maybe this is better then some thick plastice piece that would coast more to replace when broken only this one appeared to be easlily broken especaily the cut outs on the right and left of the fog lamps. Anyway I stillthink this is a great truck and I cant wait to get mine, still waiting dealer said first week of june now. He also said the they were already paying the interest on their fist 25 H3s and they did not get them yet.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

Nice review....thanks.