H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2 007 is off the scale
Default Re: They tried to get it...Fkrs!

I just replaced mine on my '08. One thing I noticed from the diagrams posted is that the '08 doesn't have the 2 lower loops on either side of the bottom of the liftgate.

Other than this, it's a quick simple 15 minute job. I removed the 1 screw that holds the pull strap on, then pulled down on the 2 plastic clips similar to those posted in the picture above that are at the bottom of the door. Then just pulled down on the entire rear inside panel. The entire thing is held on by the 1 grab strip screw (on the'08) and then just push in clips all the way around.

The license plate pocket is held in by I think 6 or 8 10mm nuts and push in clips. Take off the 10mm nuts and then just pull from the outside and it'll pop off.

You'll just need to disconnect the single cable for the latch if your going to change it out. Don't worry about the door closing with the latch cable off as you can just reach in through the pocket and push on the lever.

I got one with the chrome top on it at the local dealer and after was able to talk them down to $250 out the door (they quoted me $340 to start). The all black ones were about $100 less than that.

Installation was just the reversal. All total I had it done in about 15 minutes.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 007
I just replaced mine on my '08. One thing I noticed from the diagrams posted is that the '08 doesn't have the 2 lower loops on either side of the bottom of the liftgate.
No bondage in the back of your truck!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Hummer Professional

Hucky is on a distinguished road

Just got this new ALL BLACK one at the dealership, 225.00.

I epoxied the back posts for the future prevention of breaking, seems like a week design!

I have a Chrome one, great condition if anybody has something to trade or buy it cheap plus shipping, only 1 post was broke, I epoxied it on the right top corner
Old 09-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

JB Weld rules!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I've got the same problem...but now the latch seem to be broken or something. Can't open the rear hatch. Can I loosen the bolts from the inside without having to open the gate. Or is there another way I can get the hatch open.....

thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Hummer Professional

I was just on the inside of my rig lookin at it, and I dont think you can get it off from the inside, you may have to sacrifice the license plate holder to get it to open.

From the inside it would be a bitch to get the panel off after you got all the bolts and handles etc... off, due to no wiggle room, but you should at least try it from the inside first before doing the sacrifice

If you get it off and get access to the problem you may find that the locking clip that holds the cable fell off or broke?

I have an extra license plate holder in Black and Chrome that had 1 tab broken off and I Epoxied it back on and cleaned it up and its ready for shipping if you need it. They are 220.00 new at the dealer in all black You can have it for 40.00 plus shipping if yours is beyond repair, its in a factory box ready for shipping.

I leave country close to the end of the month so get after it

Huck
Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck,
I'll give it a try later.....if all else fails I might have to grab that bucket off you...thanks for the input....
Old 11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

The Ledge is off the scale

I actually had to replace mine on a 2005 and initially thought someone had tried to pry their way into my vehicle. But in my instance on closer inspection I was able to determine that the constant closing of the rear door by releasing it high and letting it slam shut through gravity caused the attached plastic pins to snap off from one corner like yours due to the constant vibrations and reverberations. Once replaced, I conciously closed is softly as well as reminded the rest of the family that the rear door had to be held and closed softly to the very end.

Heres a link to my prior thread:
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18758

Last edited by The Ledge : 11-13-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucky
I was just on the inside of my rig lookin at it, and I dont think you can get it off from the inside, you may have to sacrifice the license plate holder to get it to open.

From the inside it would be a bitch to get the panel off after you got all the bolts and handles etc... off, due to no wiggle room, but you should at least try it from the inside first before doing the sacrifice

If you get it off and get access to the problem you may find that the locking clip that holds the cable fell off or broke?

I have an extra license plate holder in Black and Chrome that had 1 tab broken off and I Epoxied it back on and cleaned it up and its ready for shipping if you need it. They are 220.00 new at the dealer in all black You can have it for 40.00 plus shipping if yours is beyond repair, its in a factory box ready for shipping.

I leave country close to the end of the month so get after it

Huck

Wish I'd knew you had one for sale. I recently purchased one through the dealer since I couldn't find one anywhere...even ebay. Paid quite a bit.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Hummer Expert

Well, after trying to take the interior panel off without opening the hatch....I gave up and try to take the rear bucket off with ease. Though it was toooo easy. I come to find out the the only thing that is holding the bucket on is the 4 metal like hooks and the two light bulbs plugs. Looks like the two plastic screw parts are total gone...broken right off. But I ended up fixing the door handle....just a bit loose.......

thanks everyone

What does your extra bucket look like Hucky??
Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_h2
Well, after trying to take the interior panel off without opening the hatch....I gave up and try to take the rear bucket off with ease. Though it was toooo easy. I come to find out the the only thing that is holding the bucket on is the 4 metal like hooks and the two light bulbs plugs. Looks like the two plastic screw parts are total gone...broken right off. But I ended up fixing the door handle....just a bit loose.......

thanks everyone

What does your extra bucket look like Hucky??

Like Factory new, I had 1 broken bolt on the top corner like others have had, so I bought a new one at the dealer in all BLACK, cause mine had a chrome top, Im switching out all the chrome to BLACK on my Rig.

I roughed up the sufaces of the black piece and also the plastic insert that holds the bolt and JB Welded it back on strategically then I cleaned it all up and used an armor all like product and put it in the Factory Box that my all BLACK one came in and shes stored at this time.

I offered it to Tower but his is good for now.

Huck

How did you get into your Rig, explain
Old 11-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Just got this new ALL BLACK one at the dealership, 225.00.

I epoxied the back posts for the future prevention of breaking, seems like a week design!

I have a Chrome one, great condition if anybody has something to trade or buy it cheap plus shipping, only 1 post was broke, I epoxied it on the right top corner

Jamie, that sucks, I posted it right her when it first happened.
Hucky
Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Like Factory new, I had 1 broken bolt on the top corner like others have had, so I bought a new one at the dealer in all BLACK, cause mine had a chrome top, Im switching out all the chrome to BLACK on my Rig.

I roughed up the sufaces of the black piece and also the plastic insert that holds the bolt and JB Welded it back on strategically then I cleaned it all up and used an armor all like product and put it in the Factory Box that my all BLACK one came in and shes stored at this time.

I offered it to Tower but his is good for now.

Huck

How did you get into your Rig, explain

I tried to take out the bolts from the inside.....but I couldn't see how to remove the inside panel. Went to the rear hatch....and try to carefully remove the bucket. It just popped out, played around with the lock/handle for a few minutes and then it was working again. ....
Old 11-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Jamie, that sucks, I posted it right her when it first happened.
Hucky

Guess I overlooked it. Oh well...my loss.