H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Elcova Newbie

PLH is on a distinguished road
Default 03 H2 A/C Blend Door Actuator

A/C is cooling fine, then I hear a noise and driver's side has hot air blowing out while passenger side stays cool. I installed a new left side actuator, but problem still occurs. Can the right side actuator cause this?
Old 12-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale
Default Re: 03 H2 A/C Blend Door Actuator

The drivers side actuator is on the bottom towards the transmission tunnel. It controls this side only. Contact me with any questions. I am notan expert just experienced my labor. If you need the passenger side the directions are below.

It is the blower door actuator. The HVAC system under the passengers dash, to access it remove the cover below the glove compartment, 2 screws. The drivers blower door actuator motor is closest to the transmission tunnel and is held in place with 2 screws. The Passenger blower door actuator is directly above it on the TOP of the housing. Remove the glove compartment and you can get to it on the top of the HVAC system. Reach up and unplug it and plug it back in first. if it does not correct it you will need to replace it. It is not an easy job since most of the dash must be removed. Start by removing all the decorative allen bolts accross the dash. The center section can be pulled forward an inch or so. This will allow you to remove the trim around the speedometer cluster and drivers a/c vent. The passengers side is a little tricky. You need to remove the side panel that rests up against the door panel. Shine a light in at the upper left corner and you will see a white button aprox 1/8" wide and 1/2" tall this needs to be pushed in with a flat blad screwdriver while gently pulling out on the passenger grab bar(above the airbag). The second white button can be reached throught the far left glove compartment opening. I reached up and pushed in on the white button on this side while pulling out on the handle. This will allow the handle to be removed and the trim peices following. You can now see the screws that hold the upper dash cover there are aprox 3 screws on the driver and passenger side. You also have 2 in the center behind the center trim piece pull forward an inch or so and a 1/4" drive socket will get to the screws here. It then just pulls straight forward NOT UP. and don't forget to unplug the sun sensor on the dash. I removed the clip holding the duct work you will now see is connected to the backside of the dash passengers side. I resecured it from the outside when reassembling. The acctuator can be gotten to and replaced. It is still tight but I did not have to take it to the dealer. The part from the dealer is 237.xx check with gmpartsdirect.com for pricing shipped to you. You have 3 actuators on the H2 Drivers side, Passenges side, and recirculate. I would suggest whil you are under the dash remove the blower motor (3 screws and clean out the fan shoot some compressed air in to get any other dust out.)I just did this to mine today.

The part number is ACDelco 15-73620 I paid 48.00 at XL Parts locally and walked out with it.

I know it would be better with pictures but I forgot to take them. email me if you need any clarification. mtoddbarrow@gmail.com
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.

Last edited by TBarrow : 12-05-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale
Default Re: 03 H2 A/C Blend Door Actuator

I forgot to add that the acctuator needs to be calibrated. The way to do this is turn off the a/c system and pull all your a/c fuses. Replace all fuses and turn the key on but do not start the truck and DO NOT touch the a/c controls for about a minute. This did it for me.

If you do not let it calibrate and just stat turning the controls it wil bury itself hard clockwise.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.