H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-03-2003, 05:04 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Bring a lawyer with you, and visit the dealership/Zone Manager like others said. If you don't stick up for yourself now-adays, you're just going to get walked right over. Do what you have to, threaten with a 3 page list of lawsuits. What would have happened if your truck had really lost control and crushed a person/car between you and that tree? Theres got to be a number of loopholes you could exploit to really get to these guys. And unfortunately, looks like you might have to. Kinda pathetic aint it? You drive down the road and your truck falls apart, now your the one responsible for your lemon? No way, no how. And about your dealership offering your a trade in on the crossfire, I would have laughed in their faces. Ask them why they'd offer you a car worth half your truck?

It really is a shame that we have all these ****ers to deal with in life, you deserve what you payed for, not a lemon from GM's factory and a years supply of head-high bull****.

I'll continue to read this post, and I'm really looking forward to how this turns out, Biff. Keep us posted man....Just curious, seeing your email, if they offered you a new H2, would you take it?

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Old 11-05-2003, 07:01 AM

Biff is off the scale

Thanks for your comments. And no, I would definately not accept a new Hummer H2. Obviously GM does not stand behind their prooduct. And frankly, it isn't the HUMMER I thought it would be. I have seen comparisons with the lowly Jeep and the the lowly Jeep trounces the HUMEER. I'm all HUMMERed out.

Answer to Grim's question:

"I'll continue to read this post, and I'm really looking forward to how this turns out, Biff. Keep us posted man....Just curious, seeing your email, if they offered you a new H2, would you take it?"

Biff
----
I.HATE.my Hummer@Biffs.Biz
Old 11-05-2003, 05:12 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Sorry to hear that it's gotten you to the point you don't even want anything to do with the truck anymore, sure sucks. Sure, the Jeep might be able to keep up with us in some things, but it's a Jeep.

Wish ya luck with whatever you pick up next. However I know plenty of people that will never step foot on a jeep dealership again as well.

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

Old 11-06-2003, 06:09 PM

TJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
TJ! Any updates to your situation? Cripes! you're never around anymore!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No new updates yet, but a couple of things in the works

Sorry about not being around more...I know how much some of the forum members miss me Actually, I've just been really busy with work, lots of hospital admissions lately. Watch yourselves everyone, got some real nasty bugs going around...

Biff: I don't know if you're still following this thread, but don't give up! GM is responsible for the products that they manufacture and they do need to be held accountable. Get yourself a good attorney and make sure that your attorney knows that yours has not been the only incidence of an H2 wheel falling off out of the blue like that.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:47 AM

Biff is off the scale

I AM still following the thread. I went into the dealer and gave him copies of the SacBee article and two NHTSA complaints detailing wheels falling off H2s. I told him about my intentions to create a display near his dealership with my H2 sans wheel and some eloquent poster board. He is forwarding the articles and my intentions to GM. I think that the wheels are turning,... so to speak.

Biff
----
Old 11-10-2003, 12:55 PM

TJ is off the scale

Let me know if you need any help with the graphic design. I'm in the process of designing some graphics to put on my H2 and would be more than glad to share

Do you have any pictures of yours? So far out of all of the reports of wheels falling off, the only actual pictures I've seen was from the Sac Bee.

At any rate, keep us all posted on the outcome...I hope that those wheels keep turning and that GM will decide to do the right thing for you here.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:31 AM

uniblack is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
What I'd like to know is why hasn't Uniblack jumped in with any words of wisdom on this subject?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mostly because I have nothing to do with wheels falling off.

[[uniblack]]
Old 11-17-2003, 01:43 AM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

UNIBLACK, you have been BLACK BALLED!!! You have been found out, and we all think it is time for you to go........
Old 12-21-2003, 06:17 AM

Biff is off the scale

Hello from Biff. GThe dealer has been representing my case to GM. GM still has not accepted resposibility of the wheel falling off. I have demanded written documentation from GM as to why they will not repair this vehicle. GM is highly reluctant to provide this. Once they do, I will take ot to my attorney. At that point we will have a focus point for their refusal. The H2 has been at the dealer's since August 4th +/-. It has been five months! Prior to thaty it was at the dealer's for a month because the tramsfer case went away. GM redesigned that while mine was broke. So, after buying the truck for cash at the end of May, I had use of it for about six weeks out of a total of six months.
Please see photos at http://www.moussier.net/Hummer/index.html

Biff
----
Old 12-21-2003, 12:41 PM

buddy is off the scale

Biff,

I was thinking the same thing Phil wrote, patience doesn't always work though..at less least not in this case. GM has had more than enough time to resolve your problem. You've been holding the ****ty end of the stick too long, it's time to give that end to GM.

Maybe you need to talk to another attorney and contact the media at this point. I hate to see or hear any negative media coverage concerning the H2, but unfortunately when there's good, bad soon follows.

Good Luck
Old 12-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Just think of yourself as a violin--your being played. Get your stuff together, send it to the state atty Gen, claim consumer fraud, go for three times your loss amount.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:11 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Biff, I am late to this conversation. Got any photos to show? I click on your photo link, there is no Hummer, just the arrows on the empty road. Got any photos of before and after, details of broken parts or your Hummer sitting there without the wheel? Thanks.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:00 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

thanks. I see them, nasty.
Could have been all solved if the dealer and GM took full responsibility instantly. It will only cost more to drag it on further.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Just curious, Did it look anything like this?

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=935607078 3
Old 12-23-2003, 07:58 AM

Biff is off the scale

PhilD

It was bright and shiny for a day or two. The picture was taken about a week later, after rust formed. I have been extraordinarilly patient. I have no idea why. Except that shortly after this wreck, I bought a Hemi 1500. The Hemi is a bit more fun to drive than the Hummer. As far as trucks go.

FYI, The owner of the Hummer and Dodge dealerships has had his license revoked. He ran his first H2 head-on into a Dodge pick-up. The H2 was totalled, the Dodge pick-up drove itself home.

Biff
----
Old 12-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Biff:
PhilD

It was bright and shiny for a day or two. The picture was taken about a week later, after rust formed. I have been extraordinarilly patient. I have no idea why. Except that shortly after this wreck, I bought a Hemi 1500. The Hemi is a bit more fun to drive than the Hummer. As far as trucks go.

FYI, The owner of the Hummer and Dodge dealerships has had his license revoked. He ran his first H2 head-on into a Dodge pick-up. The H2 was totalled, the Dodge pick-up drove itself home.

Biff
----
I.HATE.my Hummer@Biffs.Biz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't be that ****ing stupid, can you?
I bet you believe all of those emails you get telling you that Microsoft/AOL/ect is going to send you a check for keeping the chain going. Inbred moron.