H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dennis is off the scale

Does this function like the one in the H2? Trip settings, hour meter, average mileage, oil life, etc?

-Dennis
Old 06-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dennis is off the scale

Does this function like the one in the H2? Trip settings, hour meter, average mileage, oil life, etc?

-Dennis
Old 06-06-2005, 10:04 AM

Holliday is off the scale

Well, since the H3 owners aren't answering this one I'll (Colorado owner) take a stab at it (I'd like to know for sure myself). It appears that the H3 uses the same gage cluster as the Colorado (with no oil pressure gage or volt meter, which sucks). Which means the DIC is most likely the same as the Colorado, seeing that there are no steering wheel touch controls to access the DIC as used in the H2 (or other upmodel GM SUVs). Very minimal, with trip odometer, door lock and alarm configuration and oil life monitor that does not indicate percentage oil life remaining. There is no fuel usage monitor. Someone with hands-on H3 experience can correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

you nailed it...

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 06-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Holliday:
Well, since the H3 owners aren't answering this one I'll (Colorado owner) take a stab at it (I'd like to know for sure myself). It appears that the H3 uses the same gage cluster as the Colorado (with no oil pressure gage or volt meter, which sucks). Which means the DIC is most likely the same as the Colorado, seeing that there are no steering wheel touch controls to access the DIC as used in the H2 (or other upmodel GM SUVs). Very minimal, with trip odometer, door lock and alarm configuration and oil life monitor that does not indicate percentage oil life remaining. There is no fuel usage monitor. Someone with hands-on H3 experience can correct me if I'm wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I'm interested to hear what mods you have done to your Colorado. Any engine upgrades? Interior upgrades? Are you looking in to getting an H3? Have you driven an H3?
Old 06-10-2005, 10:50 AM

Holliday is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
So I'm interested to hear what mods you have done to your Colorado. Any engine upgrades? Interior upgrades? Are you looking in to getting an H3? Have you driven an H3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only mods I've made was to replace those hideous General tires with a set of BFG A/Ts and replaced the crappy stock speakers with Infinity components. Other than that it's a stock Z71 CC w/leather. I bought it last year to replace my 3rd ZR2. The Colorado Z71 is NO ZR2 I can tell you that. I don't off-road as a hobby per se, but I need the capability to get up to my cabin on a regular basis, which is only accessible via a 5-mile stretch of logging road (very rutted). The Colorado drags ass, banging that damn low hanging cross-member on everything (never had a problem with the ZR2) and the plastic skid plate is a joke, smashed that to pieces on my first trip along with the front air dam. It does handle the Upstate NY winter without a problem though. The interior of the Colorado is quite lame IMO (for $32K MSRP), even with the leather. The truck has however, been relatively trouble-free for a 1st year model and for that I commend the Shreveport crew for a job well done.

Yes, I'm definitely interested in the H3 (reason I'm here) to regain the capabilities that my ZR2's had. I hope to get a test drive within the next few weeks as time permits. However, I won't purchase until Spring '06, when my Colorado turns 2 and all the early production bugs are worked out of the H3 (had a few on the Colorado which I avoided by waiting 'til Spring '04 to purchase). I'm not particularly fond of the I5, mainly because it has a whiney 4-cylinder sound in the Colorado that annoys the hell out of me. Power wise, I would rate it as "adequate" in the Colorado and I'm interested to see how it sounds and performs in the H3 (I have my doubts). The "LUX" interior of the H3 looks to be a cut above the Colorado, but lacks some creature comforts I feel should be present in a $38-40K SUV.

I'm also considering the Avalanche to replace the Colorado, but I don't care for the fact that it's assembled in Mexico.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Hummer Professional

H2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

The colorado sucks im going to get rid of it and buy an H3