H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-30-2005, 05:39 AM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

If you were going to leave your vehicle stock, but wanted it beefier, what items would you look at upgrading... only thing that comes to my mind is tie rods, as I've heard hard roading an h2 has a problem with these. Do you think someone will come up with beefier swing arms, knuckles, and the like as well? Is upgrading the shocks really worth it?
Old 12-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

Anonymous is off the scale

I wonder...H2 guys pipe in here, are the tie rods on the H2 really that weak? H2s are one tough off roader and I can't imagine that there would be such an obvious weak link. I think alot of BS has been spread around by the H2 haters and that one video traveling around just fuels the fire.

Class winner 1996 Parker 400, Laughlin Desert Challenge, Baja 500...I\'ve never been to the mall!
Old 12-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anonymous:
I wonder...H2 guys pipe in here, are the tie rods on the H2 really that weak? H2s are one tough off roader and I can't imagine that there would be such an obvious weak link. I think alot of BS has been spread around by the H2 haters and that one video traveling around just fuels the fire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the H2, they do bend/ break where the treads join together. A couple have broken the H3 tie rods also. I had two full inner/ outer tierods in the H2 when going out, but never broke one. Fabtech makes upgraded kit with the idler/ pitman arm for the H2. That solves that issue.

In the H3 I have two full inner/outer tierods in my recovery kit just in case. They fit in that back door pannel very well with my recovery strap(s) Shackles and treesaver strap.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NEOCON1:
the larger tires give more ground clearance but you need the lift for clearing bigger tires so it becomes a vicious circle . the 315 70's are 34.5" and our so called 33's are just over 32" . i guess we just want to make our trucks go over stuff that a stock h2 cant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SH!T disturber! LOL