H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Hummer Novice

svaillan is off the scale

OK my question is does anyone own, has owed or seen in person a SURCO safari rack? And if so how do you like it or what was your impression?

Reason I am asking is I was looking online and found a Hummer parts dealer selling SURCO safari racks for the H3. They aren't full length like the GOBI, but they arent nearly as expensive either. They start at about the back of the front door and go to the rear of the vehicle. Not bad looking and you can get a shovel mount, jack mount and so on. I called the company and they told me that the rack mounts using the existing Roof Rack rails and that is the longest they make for the H3. So any opinions on SURCO? Thanks all, Steve
Old 12-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Hummer Novice

svaillan is off the scale

OK my question is does anyone own, has owed or seen in person a SURCO safari rack? And if so how do you like it or what was your impression?

Reason I am asking is I was looking online and found a Hummer parts dealer selling SURCO safari racks for the H3. They aren't full length like the GOBI, but they arent nearly as expensive either. They start at about the back of the front door and go to the rear of the vehicle. Not bad looking and you can get a shovel mount, jack mount and so on. I called the company and they told me that the rack mounts using the existing Roof Rack rails and that is the longest they make for the H3. So any opinions on SURCO? Thanks all, Steve
Old 12-29-2005, 10:22 PM
k9tim

I received one for xmas. It should work well enough- it was a bit of a pain in the ass to put on though.
The bolts to mount the rail supports were 1/2" and should have been 3/4".

Looks pretty good, but the mfg stickers on the sides of it will be coming off mine. Not as "dressy" as a Gobi, but its also only $300.

I can post a pic if ya want.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:50 PM

x-humm is off the scale

Hey K9tim,

Do you have any pics of your roof rack installed. Also where did you get it from?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2005, 01:57 AM
k9tim

@Nut-
Stallion Customs

and here are a few pics:

Old 01-01-2006, 10:11 PM

x-humm is off the scale

Hey K9tim,

That looks awesome. I can even put my overhead lights on it. Also, What is the weight capacity? You think if I put my spare on it that I won't have any problems being to heavy.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:07 AM
k9tim

hmm. thats a really good question that I have no answer for. I just checked the website and it doesnt mention either.
I can't imagine your spare would cause any problems tho. I have basically stood in it and it was fine.
I'm pretty satisfied with it. It does everything I need it to, doesnt weigh much, and was fairly inexpensive...
Old 01-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

I kinda like it. One thing's for sure, if you have a sun roof, you don't want lights up there, or you simply want to keep the rack out of the windblast to reduce noise and drag, the smaller rack like that's the way to go!
Old 01-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

Kool