H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 04-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

In this sundays paper they have the add.
Definatly a low cost option if you were thinking of a rear camera.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Steve - SanJose

Wow for that price worth experimenting.

S.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

My sister-in-law got one of those for Christmas....seemed like it was well constructed and nice. Her hubby still hasn't installed it so I can't comment on how well it works....but heck for 99 bucks!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 04-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Hummer Guru

I have a scan of the add but once again no pics on weekend?.

Looks like it might fit above mirror, or against the front pillar.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 04-03-2006, 02:04 AM
Hummer Novice

MahBabyBlue is off the scale

And the screen

Old 04-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Hummer Guru

Heres the add.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

I bought one and tried it out on the lab bench.

The monitor has an active matrix screen with about 90,000 pixels (r+b+g). Brightness seems good. The housing disassembles and there ar a few potentiometers on the back of the circuit board only marked VR1, 2, 3... (Could be brightness, contrast, color, etc. Not sure.) Monitor has on/off button and a camera view rotation that pages through 4 different views (up - down, right-left). If anyone has a good mounting spot please post.

Camera has decent light sensitivity. Field of view isn't bad at 110 degeree horizontal and 80 degree vertical. I though about mounting it just above the hitch on the bumper. Any thoughts?

There are three power connections ground, +12 volt ACC power, and +12 volt reverse light. The reverse connection only monitors voltage so that when you go into reverse the system automatically comes on. The camera and monitor draw about 0.27 amps total. When the the reverse connection is off, about 0.05 amps is drawn to power the camera and monitor's memory. If you connect the ACC and reverse together to an ACC source, you have to manually turn the monitor off and on. If you connect the ACC input to switched power, then the camera rotation setting will be lost every time you interrupt power. The constant current draw is 0.05 amps - so if you park the H3 for ~ 1- 2 months it will drain your battery.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

Does the ad mention when the special expires? I looked on their site but it didn't have any info, does it metnion anything about ordering online? I can pick it up in Denver but not planning on going down there for a week or so.

Cheapest I saw this same one on ebay was $149.00
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally posted by ChevyHighPerformance:
I bought one and tried it out on the lab bench.

The monitor has an active matrix screen with about 90,000 pixels (r+b+g). Brightness seems good. The housing disassembles and there ar a few potentiometers on the back of the circuit board only marked VR1, 2, 3... (Could be brightness, contrast, color, etc. Not sure.) Monitor has on/off button and a camera view rotation that pages through 4 different views (up - down, right-left). If anyone has a good mounting spot please post.

Camera has decent light sensitivity. Field of view isn't bad at 110 degeree horizontal and 80 degree vertical. I though about mounting it just above the hitch on the bumper. Any thoughts?

There are three power connections ground, +12 volt ACC power, and +12 volt reverse light. The reverse connection only monitors voltage so that when you go into reverse the system automatically comes on. The camera and monitor draw about 0.27 amps total. When the the reverse connection is off, about 0.05 amps is drawn to power the camera and monitor's memory. If you connect the ACC and reverse together to an ACC source, you have to manually turn the monitor off and on. If you connect the ACC input to switched power, then the camera rotation setting will be lost every time you interrupt power. The constant current draw is 0.05 amps - so if you park the H3 for ~ 1- 2 months it will drain your battery.

Still sounds promising. But needs to get out of the lab and on the back of a truck for real world testing hopefully.

S.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Hummer Guru

Does the ad mention when the special expires?

Probobly sunday till saturday.I threw out add.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I saw somewhere that it expired on the 8th.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

DWPC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by ChevyHighPerformance:
I bought one and tried it out on the lab bench...
I'm not sure I follow what "camera rotation" means. Does it divide a large image into 4 views and scroll through them? Does the camera rotation setting you mention select one view as the normal image?

It would be great if you posted pics of the actual image(s) after installation and some installation tips on wire routing, conn points etc.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by DWPC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChevyHighPerformance:
I bought one and tried it out on the lab bench...
I'm not sure I follow what "camera rotation" means. Does it divide a large image into 4 views and scroll through them? Does the camera rotation setting you mention select one view as the normal image?

It would be great if you posted pics of the actual image(s) after installation and some installation tips on wire routing, conn points etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The monitor can electronically rotate and flip the image. For example, if you have to mount the camera upside down, the monitor can flip the image so it looks right side up. Or if you want to reverse the right-left view (as if you are using the rear view mirror or looking directly).
Old 04-06-2006, 01:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tommy36998 is an unknown quantity at this point

Expiration date 04/08/2006
Eclipse AVN 5500, with Eclipse backup camera, and the remote. Gobi Adventure Roof Rack w/Piaa 540's and Piaa backups lights, Gobi Ladder a Bednet 8' cargo net,Jerry 2 gas 2 water,Monster inverter,Rear Marker lights and Front marker lights,Brich white lux package,Billet chrome fuel door, abs Hood panel w/billet handles, Master Flow MF-1050 air compressor, Billet chrome seat levers and seat control surrounds,Billet mini grill,Billet front marker, light surrounds w/louvers,
Old 04-06-2006, 03:49 AM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally posted by Tommy36998:
Expiration date 04/08/2006

Then what happens, is the regular price 149? Still waiting to hear about Phase II of the experiment-installing and using it on a truck to see if it works.

S.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Aphextwinop is off the scale

The price is worth the experiment. I'm getting one tomorrow.

Aphex
Old 04-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Aphextwinop:
The price is worth the experiment. I'm getting one tomorrow.

They have pep boys up there now?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 04-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Steve - SanJose

How did the $99 rear camera experiment go? Or did it go into the trash? At that price it sure seemed like a worthwhile experiment.

S.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

I was in Chicago on a trip and swung by the pep boys there. They were all out of stock and said it was special order. They checked inventory across the US and the only shop showing inventory was in New York somewhere. I'm curious to see if anyone had luck actually finding one of these.