H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Paragon. In the photo from the right rear it does look like you can make out a possible wiper blade sticking out from behind the spare. Does anyone know what that is between the rear wiper control and the 12v outlets?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-16-2005, 09:20 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

I love all the chrome, especially the gas cap!
I think many people (ignorant) will not be able to tell the difference between this and the H2. Especially from head on.

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 05-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, The tall stance of the Hummer will keep it apart from the other mid-sizers
Old 05-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Very very nice. Can't wait to see them on the road and on the trails.
BUT... no steering wheel controls??? How ghetto!

Old 05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Thanks Paragon. In the photo from the right rear it does look like you can make out a possible wiper blade sticking out from behind the spare. Does anyone know what that is between the rear wiper control and the 12v outlets? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll find out tomorrow night if no one answers before then.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Very very nice. Can't wait to see them on the road and on the trails.
BUT... no steering wheel controls??? How ghetto!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>You're right. I'll try to remember to ask if the production model will have them.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Thanks Paragon. In the photo from the right rear it does look like you can make out a possible wiper blade sticking out from behind the spare. Does anyone know what that is between the rear wiper control and the 12v outlets? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll find out tomorrow night if no one answers before then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for checking into it.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

The 2 buttons are for the dealer optional grill lights and the optional roof lights. I believe that they all have rear wipers.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This is some photo enhancement. I am sure Ken could email me the full sized image and I could extrapolate even a better representation, but no pixels were added, just some enhancingto better show the wiper arm. So this should show some proof of the wiper arm.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

GRAT PICS! If at all possible, can you take some pics of the roof. Mainly the roof tracks thatrun front to back and tahn on either side of the sunroof and where the marker lights ma/ may not go.

Thanks,
Tim.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2chief is off the scale

I just got back from Hall Hummer to this red H3 and I felt like that little kid on the Chevy SSR commercial. All I could say was "Holy S--t!" It is very nice guys.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

tony d is an unknown quantity at this point

what color is the interior and is it leather?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Hummer Guru

Builder,

Thanks for clearing it up for us. Kind of odd positioning for the buttons isn't it?

For those who have seen it in person, how is it to get in and out of. I wasn't going to get the side step but damn it looks good in chrome on the red one. Not a concern for me but the wife is only 4'11" and thinking she would certainly prefer having them. I wasn't planning on getting them because I plan on going wheeling with it whenever possible.

Old 05-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

Although I realize it cannot be compared "apples to apples" to any other SUV on the market, but what -- regarding size -- would you compare the H3 to?

I know, I COULD go look up the sizes of all the other SUV's on the market with the H3 stats, but I am WAY too lazy for that! And, why go to the trouble when I can get someone to tell me that has seen it first-hand?

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 05-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

GreenH3 is off the scale

HummerNewbie: Definitely get the side step. It's a high step in without one and I'm 5'11".
LoLo: I would compare it in size to the Toyota Sequoia but slightly taller or maybe a Trailblazer and a lot taller.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2chief is off the scale

It was the Adventure package. The interior looked to be same as the photo on the website in the section (H3 Highlights on the Inside) No leather. My kids loved it. I had to pull them away. It does have rear wiper. The back seat was very roomy. Big enough for two car seats. Can't wait to get mine next week. I think the 4-Runner would be a close comparison but the H3 looks bigger.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
GRAT PICS! If at all possible, can you take some pics of the roof. Mainly the roof tracks thatrun front to back and tahn on either side of the sunroof and where the marker lights ma/ may not go.

Thanks,
Tim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, I will get pics of the roof. This truck had marker lights.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:15 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
This is some photo enhancement. I am sure Ken could email me the full sized image and I could extrapolate even a better representation, but no pixels were added, just some enhancingto better show the wiper arm. So this should show some proof of the wiper arm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Paragon, I said this truck didn't have a rear wiper. I was wrong as you pointed out. I guess that tells you how closely I was looking at the rear window. I was too busy thinking about the paint color.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loadedh3:
I just got back from Hall Hummer to this red H3 and I felt like that little kid on the Chevy SSR commercial. All I could say was "Holy S--t!" It is very nice guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you coming by tomorrow night for the HH grand opening? Let me know if you want to. I'm sure Chris, Chuck, Ryan and the guys would love for you to stop by and check it out. You know how salesmen are. I'll tell them a friend is going to meet me there that's interested in the H3. (Nevermind they read this and know I'm full of $h!t, but it's all good) Hope to meet you.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony d:
what color is the interior and is it leather? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tony, that interior is black and not leather. It's not really cloth either. I'll take better pics tomorrow for you.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by newbie:
For those who have seen it in person, how is it to get in and out of. I wasn't going to get the side step but damn it looks good in chrome on the red one. Not a concern for me but the wife is only 4'11" and thinking she would certainly prefer having them. I wasn't planning on getting them because I plan on going wheeling with it whenever possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I had no issues getting in, but that doesn't help you. I'll have my 5'4" co-pilot climb in tomorrow night without using the steps and let you know.