H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 09-27-2006, 05:25 AM
Hummer Novice

RoyalH3 is off the scale
Default Wireless Start-Up?

I was really thinking about installing a remote start system in my truck but a guy at my dealership told me that it screws aroudn with the stock security system and coudl possibly shut down the car.... As cool as a remote start is, i dont want to be stuck in the middle of downtown at night without a car. Anybody heard different?? If you already have one, which one shoudl i be looking at for an H3? Thanks!
Black,Lux & Adv Package,Black Leather,Marker Lights,Black Grill,PIAA 525 Grill Mounted,Mini Grill Fog lights,Train Horn, American Racing black rims,33 off road tires,eclipse av30D,PS2 in glovebox,Ipod connection with video,Bluetooth speaker,Hard-wired radar detector,HID conversion kit,Air Intake,Gibson Exhaust System,Sirus Radio,Underbody Protection cage,Black fuel door cover,Roof Rails,Rubber floor mats,Texas flag on the back and supercharger coming soon
Old 09-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wireless Start-Up?

You won't have any problems if it's installed properly.

I have the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

My auto start was installed in january no problems.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey if i install the Clifford system, can i (well the installer actually) remove the stock security completely or will that still stay in and somehow interface with the clifford?

Also dei, what range do you get, i mean for the remote?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Hummer Guru

The stock security system won't be removed, just bypassed. If it's a pretty open area I can get the advertised 1/4 mile range. The more buildings, cars in the way the closer you need to be, but it still has good range.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:24 AM
Hummer Guru

Mine works off the factory remote. You hit lock 2X and it starts.

To extend range hold it against your nose
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:58 AM
Hummer Authority

dei (or whome ever else may know), couple more question if you dont mind,

it looks like there is a wizard for the avantguard versions. does the wizard work with the matrix rsx 3.5, or is there one that works with the rsx? i took a look at the wizard and it has some useful functions that you can change yourself without an installer.

and why did you choose the rsx 3.5 over the avantguard 5, other than the reponder technology which i beleive the avantguard does not have?

thanks!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:19 AM
Hummer Guru

Not real familiar with Avantguard, but I've never really had a need to use most of the features you can only program with those wizards. It also doesn't appear to have the responder remote with screen, which I like. I went with the rsx 3.5, because it's pretty much exactly like viper 791xv which I had on my last car and did a lot of work with. It has a cooler looking remote though.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Hummer Novice

cjandnw is on a distinguished road

Re: Remote Starter / Alarm systems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is an addtional bypass kit needed in addition the actual remote starter system. There was not even any question whether the system could be installed on my 06. I've had it for a week. NO PROBLEMS. I am very pleased with the system. Install took about 4 hours. I suggest you pay for it prior to the install date and leave your ATM, Credit cards home. 4 hours alone in Circuit City with Credit cards is extremely dangerous.

hopefully the links work:

Starter: Valet 561R Remote Start/Keyless Entry

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...c=1&oid=119099

Bypass: DEI GM Immobilizer Bypass

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/DEI-G...oductDetail.do

Good Luck

George Orwell
Old 09-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3HUMMER is on a distinguished road

I had mine installed with the factory alarm and remote. The only thing you do not get the 3000 feet distance or what ever it is but the factory distance is good and i did not need that ant. on the windshield.Works fine
Old 09-30-2006, 06:35 AM
Hummer Novice

RoyalH3 is off the scale

ok so im thinking about going with the Matrix RS 2.1 remote starter. (same as the Matrix RSX 3.5 but without the security stuff)
Fourfourto--- How did you program the remote starter on the stock controller/remote??? Id like to do that instead of using the one that the package comes with. Could you program it so if you hit unlock then lock it turns on? Or both at the same time?
Black,Lux & Adv Package,Black Leather,Marker Lights,Black Grill,PIAA 525 Grill Mounted,Mini Grill Fog lights,Train Horn, American Racing black rims,33 off road tires,eclipse av30D,PS2 in glovebox,Ipod connection with video,Bluetooth speaker,Hard-wired radar detector,HID conversion kit,Air Intake,Gibson Exhaust System,Sirus Radio,Underbody Protection cage,Black fuel door cover,Roof Rails,Rubber floor mats,Texas flag on the back and supercharger coming soon
Old 09-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Hummer Guru

I had it done by installer,so i dont know how it was hooked up,someone else might.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
I had it done by installer,so i dont know how it was hooked up,someone else might.

Do you know the manufacturer of your remote start to find out more details?
Old 09-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Hummer Guru

Its a DEI remote start thats what it says on the warning label.I have it set to shutoff in 12 minutes. no problems since January.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's a DEI remote start
It uses the Hummer key fob/remote and not a DEI remote. Is that correct?

Quote:
I have it set to shutoff in 12 minutes
How do you "program" the time?
Old 09-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbiker
It uses the Hummer key fob/remote and not a DEI remote. Is that correct?

Yes it can use factory remote or you can get a DEI remote

How do you "program" the time?

You can program a few diferent times i think 12 22 32 ect I had installer do it .
Old 10-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3HUMMER is on a distinguished road

This is where i had mine done with the factory remote give them a call maybe
they can tell you over the phone.

http://automilecartoys.com/home.htm
Old 10-02-2006, 03:29 AM
Hummer Authority

hey, anybody have LoJack installed on their truck? and has anyone had any experience with it, has a vehicle been recovered for you?
Old 10-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
hey, anybody have LoJack installed on their truck? and has anyone had any experience with it, has a vehicle been recovered for you?

No need for lojack.
Onstar has gps tracking
Old 10-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Hummer Novice

RoyalH3 is off the scale

I just talked to Car-Toys in dallas. They said that since all i want is the remote start system, the Valet remote start would work just as good as the clifford. Anybody heard about this Valet system? For those who have a clifford, did you have to install a module to trick the car to think that there is a key in the ignition or did you just install it using what came in the box?