Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 09-24-2005, 04:30 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, and just in case you're going to make some turdly comment about how it took me 19 minutes to come up with that last one- it didn't. I made a super nasty grumpy and took a shower, soaping my balls thoroughly(because I know you were wondering).
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YourAdventure:
The statement was and is correct. There are no H2 and H3 owners currently that have experience in dealing with disaster relief activity. The reason I know this is because prior to Hurricane Katrina we have not had a national disaster to where H2's and H3's could be of assistance. The term intermediate was used for folks that have safe experience in not only offroading but safe recovery and first aid/CPR training, but have not been exposed to support on a national disaster or anything similar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I suppose those who own H2/H3s just happened to have been born the day they bought their Hummers. There is no way that they could have had the experience prior to Hummer ownership.

It's a stupid assumption. I am a HOPE volunteer, an H2 owner, and have as much disaster experience as probably any H1 owner, but this is indicative of some of the crap that some spout who themselves have no experience. Take your BS somewhere else.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fever:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
"volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's"

I assume YourAdventure is an H1 owner?

They just can't help themselves.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually former H2 owner and current H3 owner.

Lack of communication is correct. I spoke with a representative from the St Joe chapter and confirmed that I have passed all the requirements for the program and my name was on the list of volunteers. I spoke with Scott Freeman about deployment to the area devestated by Katrina. Scott informed me that I needed to obtain a DSHR (Disaster Services Human Resource) number. My local Red Cross rep said to get this number I must have additional training i.e. Mass Care etc. Now I don't know if I'm qualified or not. I am available the last two weeks of October and possibly sooner now that Rita has shown up. I know these guys are extremely busy with thier efforts and deeply appreciate them. This has been an extremely overwhelming string of events and I know we will all pull through it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tracey, let us know if you guys need anything. Sounds like Rita is going to park overhead and try to flood you guys out.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

[/quote]Tracey, let us know if you guys need anything. Sounds like Rita is going to park overhead and try to flood you guys out.[/quote]

Thanks Paragon looks like things have really died down...as far as the wind goes. We'll wait and see how much rain we get now. We have been bone dry for over two months and it's just a steady rain where I am so things are looking o.k. here. Take care.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:50 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I may not be H.O.P.E. certfied, but I am CPR/1st Aid certified, Hazmat Certified, Trained to respond to the use of weapons of mass destruction, a heavy equipment operator, SCBA certified, RCRA trained.
Not sure what kind of training I would need to get involved in helping the folks affected, but my job is willing to send me whereever I can be of any use, as long as it is with a reputable charity.ie Redcross, Salvation Army etc...

They are will to pay for my lodging, travel expenses, and food...So I am ready to go!!!
If anyone has information that would get me moving in the right direction, please feel free to give me a call!!!

Ric Gonzalez
210-381-9020
Old 09-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Ric, you're qualified but you are an intermediate folk with an H2 so you can't help with HOPE.

If you had an H1 you would be in like flint though.

I'm not qualified in anything, I do own a chain saw and can winch trees, however I am totally underqualified to help.

Sorry that was bad of me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell...
As long as I don't have to get my H2 dirty, and have a shopping mall to park it in!.
I think I should be able to help!

Ric
Old 09-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Wonder what kind of training the Angel in the Hummer had. Gee's come on now. It's all about helping in a time of need. I'm sure the people in NO would of told you any little bit helped. I don't think they cared if they got their water for a big purple giraffe on wheels as long as they got it. It's like high school can I be part of your clique.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YourAdventure:

Alec W, Dennis AJC, Ken P, DRTYFN, as far as I am concerned if you think you are experienced Hummer owners you have a lot to learn. To disrespect another Hummer owner of any model is a sign of a coward in my book especially in this time of support and relief need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We were disrespecting you, not a HUMMER owner.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Banned

Alec W, Dennis AJC, Ken P, DRTYFN, as far as I am concerned if you think you are experienced Hummer owners you have a lot to learn. To disrespect another Hummer owner of any model is a sign of a coward in my book especially in this time of support and relief need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So, you count yourself as a coward then?
Old 09-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

He's definitely a conniving turd.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Alec W, Dennis AJC, Ken P, DRTYFN, as far as I am concerned if you think you are experienced Hummer owners you have a lot to learn. To disrespect another Hummer owner of any model is a sign of a coward in my book especially in this time of support and relief need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So, you count yourself as a coward then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!!!

Pathetic,

I can see it now, Sam leading a bunch of wannabes not knowing what to do but just parade around like attention whores. Probably bypassing hordes of people because they're inexperience in deal with big crowds rubbing against their virgin Hummers or just too cowardly to get out and get their hands dirty.

Find a deserted place where they can get out and take pictures of themselves with furrowed brows looking heroic, have some bottled water, bree and crackers, get back in and start parading around some more.

Will he be passing out gift certificates of 20% off specials at Youradventure? Ya sure. He'll be tossin them out his window in hopes of cashing in on the disaster.

Get out of Dodge, back to the mall parking lot, pat each other in the back of job well done. Go home in time for Desperate Housewives and spritzers.

You don't need requirements, qualifications, certificates, shiit attitude towards others, and a virginal H1 to do a good deed.

My Video Collectionez